Fritz: "Our goals are still out there for us to accomplish."

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Re: Fritz: "Our goals are still out there for us to accompli

Unread post by WaveProf »

Poseidon wrote:
WaveProf wrote:If we win the four games we need to win to make a bowl, then the game againt Houston will 99% determine who wins the division (us or them). So the two aren't separate. Making a bowl and competing to win the division are tied together.
Kinda. We would likely have to win 5 to win the division with 2 of those being Navy and Houston. Houston hasn't lost in conference yet.
I’m counting Navy in the 4 should win.

The USF game likely doesn’t matter for the division. With Houston playing Memphis and USF and Navy, I’m sure they’ll lose at least one game. If we beat them everyone will have 2 losses and we’ll own the tie breakers if we’ve run the table in the West.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

krewe of ham and eggs wrote:
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

Unread post by krewe of ham and eggs »

gerryb323 wrote:
krewe of ham and eggs wrote:
AnY iMaGeS yOu PoRtRaY wIlL bE rEpReSeNtAtIvE oF tHe TeAm YoU sUpPoRt
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Poseidon »

WaveProf wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
WaveProf wrote:If we win the four games we need to win to make a bowl, then the game againt Houston will 99% determine who wins the division (us or them). So the two aren't separate. Making a bowl and competing to win the division are tied together.
Kinda. We would likely have to win 5 to win the division with 2 of those being Navy and Houston. Houston hasn't lost in conference yet.

The USF game likely doesn’t matter for the division. With Houston playing Memphis and USF and Navy, I’m sure they’ll lose at least one game. If we beat them everyone will have 2 losses and we’ll own the tie breakers if we’ve run the table in the West.
If we win only 4 of 6 then that makes us 5-3 in conference.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

Poseidon wrote:
WaveProf wrote:
Poseidon wrote:

He's saying if we go 5-1 here out. Win the 4 other games, lose to USF, then the outcome of the Houston game decides the West. A little confusing since Houston isn't the last game, but pretty sure that's what he's going for.
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Unread post by WaveProf »

Sprout made a bingo. And I was stealing from Guerry Smith
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Poseidon »

gerryb323 wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
WaveProf wrote:
Poseidon wrote:

He's saying if we go 5-1 here out. Win the 4 other games, lose to USF, then the outcome of the Houston game decides the West. A little confusing since Houston isn't the last game, but pretty sure that's what he's going for.
Ok got it, 'if..then' are usually chronological. Simple misunderstanding.
Navy has one loss and Houston, UCF, and Cincy left so they should be toast.
Tulsa is all but eliminated already.
Memphis has UCF and Houston left.
SMU has Cnincy, Memphis, and Houston left.

Interestingly we are in better shape conference wise at 2-4 now than we would have been if we were 3-3 beating UAB and Cincy instead of Memphis like many of us thought would happen.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
TXWave88
Navigator Level

Unread post by TXWave88 »

Look at the away records of our division....

1-15... Of our 4 wins we need for a bowl game, SMU, ECU and Navy are at home. We have to show up for every week, but @ Tulsa is the most favorable away game on our schedule. Navy will have to beat Temple and Tulsa to still have a bowl chance in sight when they play us. Not that they will give up, but being eliminated has its effects. SMU has to beat us to have a bowl chance since they are in the same situation we are. Tulsa has USF and Arkansas. Ark is bad this year, but Tulsa has a light backside of the schedule. We want them at 1-6 though making it a 6 game losing streak. ECU will most likely be facing us at 2-6 (cancelled the Va Tech game), but just got mopped by Temple. Hopefully Houston, UCF and Memphis games will continue that trend.

Those 4 wins we need are there for the taking, but we have to do something we have not shown we have done in years. SHOW UP and be CONSISTENT. This SMU game is a big game for both programs. It is critical path for both seasons. Coming off a bye week, I really hope WF shows us something.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

windywave wrote:
ml wave wrote:
windywave wrote:Also with the elimination of the tax break why the hell even require a donation anymore? If they want 600 bucks a ticket combined between donation and face just frick charge 600 bucks and make single games 125
Because no one is interested in buying single game tickets to a Tulane game for 125.
Evidently an example is hard for you to comprehend. I pulled the numbers out of thin air dopey.
Change the numbers to whatever you think suits you...nobody is interested in paying 100, 75, etc for a single game ticket.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

windywave wrote:
ml wave wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
ml wave wrote:
windywave wrote:Also with the elimination of the tax break why the hell even require a donation anymore? If they want 600 bucks a ticket combined between donation and face just frick charge 600 bucks and make single games 125
Because no one is interested in buying single game tickets to a Tulane game for 125.
His point is that is essentially what season ticket holders are paying for them now that donation is on a per ticket basis and there is not donation perk or tax deduction. Meanwhile drunk Memphis State U fans pays $30.00 per ticket at the ticket office(or cheaper on stubhub) for seats next to mine that game.
Sure, I get that but lower per game prices still allow for walkup/single game sales. Drunk Memphis State U fans aren't paying $125/game (wanna find a good way to enrage your conference mates? start charging them $125/ticket to play in an empty stadium...we're not exactly holding up our end of the bargain on the field/court as it is, I think we'd be swiftly Templed if we start price gouging). I agree the visitor seating proximity is an issue, personally I think more sections should require no donation and those should be the only per game seats sold.
Then they would move to a cheaper aka non donation section. This is not that hard to comprehend
Evidently it's not hard to comprehend since even you seemed to kinda understand my solution to this dilemma. Congrats!
windywave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by windywave »

ml wave wrote:
windywave wrote:
ml wave wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
ml wave wrote:

His point is that is essentially what season ticket holders are paying for them now that donation is on a per ticket basis and there is not donation perk or tax deduction. Meanwhile drunk Memphis State U fans pays $30.00 per ticket at the ticket office(or cheaper on stubhub) for seats next to mine that game.
Sure, I get that but lower per game prices still allow for walkup/single game sales. Drunk Memphis State U fans aren't paying $125/game (wanna find a good way to enrage your conference mates? start charging them $125/ticket to play in an empty stadium...we're not exactly holding up our end of the bargain on the field/court as it is, I think we'd be swiftly Templed if we start price gouging). I agree the visitor seating proximity is an issue, personally I think more sections should require no donation and those should be the only per game seats sold.
Then they would move to a cheaper aka non donation section. This is not that hard to comprehend
Evidently it's not hard to comprehend since even you seemed to kinda understand my solution to this dilemma. Congrats!
Excelsior... beers soon?
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

Going to the local pub shortly!
windywave
Emerald Circle

tjtlja wrote:Going to the local pub shortly!
A real pub or a bar? I hate bars that call themselves pubs
#cousins don't count
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

A bar. I agree with you (now that’s a first).

Why can’t we be friends?
windywave
Emerald Circle

tjtlja wrote:A bar. I agree with you (now that’s a first).

Why can’t we be friends?
I have no objection
#cousins don't count
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Unread post by OGSB »

USF beats Tulsa on the last play of the game (a field goal) 25-24.

But SMU is next.
Victory is never permanent
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

windywave wrote:

Why can’t we be friends?
I have no objection
A truce it shall be!
windywave
Emerald Circle

tjtlja wrote:
windywave wrote:

Why can’t we be friends?
I have no objection
A truce it shall be!
Why only a half measure?
#cousins don't count