WF: Have to make sure we're playing right guys....

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
Coach Level

WF: Have to make sure we're playing right guys....

Unread post by 1401973 »

Here's a start: Stop giving touches to your 4th best RB. Amare Jones showed more in his half a dozen touches than Huderson has all season. 11 looks like he would be dynamic if put in space (screen, reverse anyone?).
And PARTICULARLY in short yardage situations: Give it to the bigger backs who also hit the holes faster and harder - 10 and 6.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Re: WF: Have to make sure we're playing right guys....

Unread post by gerryb323 »

1401973 wrote:Here's a start: Stop giving touches to your 4th best RB. Amare Jones showed more in his half a dozen touches than Huderson has all season. 11 looks like he would be dynamic if put in space (screen, reverse anyone?).
And PARTICULARLY in short yardage situations: Give it to the bigger backs who also hit the holes faster and harder - 10 and 6.
Yeah, how about play Dauphine a plurality or even a majority of the snaps.
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

gerryb323 wrote:
1401973 wrote:Here's a start: Stop giving touches to your 4th best RB. Amare Jones showed more in his half a dozen touches than Huderson has all season. 11 looks like he would be dynamic if put in space (screen, reverse anyone?).
I can't figure out a reason for Dauphine and Bradwell not to get 90%+ of all our RB touches while games are still in doubt.
DrHullabaloo
Navigator Level

Unread post by DrHullabaloo »

I don't understand Huderson either. Dauphine we might see more of down the stretch. They've been trying to keep him healthy.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

ml wave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
I can't figure out a reason for Dauphine and Bradwell not to get 90%+ of all our RB touches while games are still in doubt.
When I am officiating in the middle occasionally there are those running backs that make me think “man I’m glad I don’t have to tackle that kid”. Bradwell is one of those kind of backs.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
Ray
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Ray »

DrHullabaloo wrote:I don't understand Huderson either. Dauphine we might see more of down the stretch. They've been trying to keep him healthy.
Healthy for what ??
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

Ray wrote:
DrHullabaloo wrote:I don't understand Huderson either. Dauphine we might see more of down the stretch. They've been trying to keep him healthy.
Healthy for what ??
I love the guy, but if he can't stay healthy for more than 8 plays a game, he should probably just stick to track
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

I’m guessing the play Saturday when Dauphine whiffed on a guy that sacked McMillan is a good indicator of why he’s not getting more reps, especially on passing downs. His durability is an issue but if he can’t pick up blitzes he’s not going to be on the field more than the others.

I think Bradwell should be the #1 guy. He’s got speed and power.

Good news is that we should be able to run on 5 of the next 6 opponents (I don’t know what USF’s run defense is like).
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
TXWave88
Navigator Level

Unread post by TXWave88 »

Bradwell is our best overall RB. Unfortunately, we run an offense where our best RB gets 30% of the carries. Our let's take our 2 best ball carriers in Bradwell and Dauphine which are by far the best 2 at the moment. They have 47% of the carries. I don't understand that at all.
TXWave88
Navigator Level

Unread post by TXWave88 »

We also have 2 receptions by running backs this year. 1 by Huderson for 21 yards (the swing pass we all were amazed was in the playbook) and then 1 by Amare for 11. In today's game, that is just really hard to believe. 2 receptions!?!?!?!