I'm done

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Re: I'm done

Unread post by OGSB »

Bham Wave wrote:I can’t understand our personnel decisions on offense. Why Dauphine doesn’t get more touches is a head scratcher. In crunch time today late in fourth quarter we ran plays with Bradwell, Encalade, Mooney, and Dauphine on sideline. I can not understand that philosophy. This should have been an easy win. Our defense had two big busts that Hurt but otherwise played well. Offense was pathetic. Staff in love with Jones and I think he will be a player but we have better options currently. This was a pathetic loss.
When we were ahead and trying to get a 1st down to make an ugly win at least likely, Graff noted that we essentially had in the 2nd team offense. Is that true?
Victory is never permanent
Bham Wave
President's Circle

Unread post by Bham Wave »

Yes. We had Amare Jones in at RB with Von Julian and Brian Newman at Wr.
Roll Wave Roll!!!
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

Look, a lot of what rjc has been saying is probably right about our institutional problems. Johnny Mac is gaining supporters.

But that in no way explains our crushingly bad personnel choices and play calling idiocy in games. Bradwell has been smashing people so you need a few yards late in the game to seal the game with a first down...and you call a pass which is shot putted by Banks? You run Dauphine, our breakaway threat, three times into the line never to be seen again? You don’t call a time out to get our D settled on a play which burns us for a long TD?

So WTH is it? Do coaches lose 50 IQ points after eating a muffuletta? Is the Wilson Center harboring a how to lose virus? We look flat, uninterested, undisciplined, uninvolved. We play not to lose. How’s that working out, coach? We might win one or two more but even my 5 win prediction looks like an overreach. Again.
Last edited by TUPF on Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Unread post by OGSB »

TUPF wrote:Look, a lot of what rjc has been saying is probably right about our institutional problems. Johnny Mac is gaining supporters.

But that in no way explains our crushingly bad personnel and play calling idiocy in games. Bradwell has been smashing people so you need a few yards late in the game to seal the game with a first down...and you call a pass which is shot putted by Banks? You run Dauphine, our breakaway threat, three times into the line never to be seen again? You don’t call a time out to get our D settled on a play which burns us for a long TD?

So WTH is it? Do coaches lose 50 IQ points after eating a muffuletta? Is the Wilson Center harboring a how to lose virus? We look flat, uninterested, undisciplined, uninvolved. Sure, we might win a couple more at most but even my 5 win prediction looks like an overreach. Again.
ALERT!!!

Simple. Hire the coach with the magic playbook that even fat slobs can run and still score bunches of points.

SARCASM!
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Unread post by OGSB »

My night is almost complete. I just unmuted the tv to be greeted by the annoying voice of Beth Mowry, switched channels as fast as I good to find that LSU is besting Miss St 19-3.

It’s almost like every prediction here doesn’t come true at all.

Especially juju threads which manage to wreck the entire year.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

tjtlja wrote:When Leach took over at Wazzu, they were as bad as Kansas. They are currently beating Oregon 27-0. Whoever the powers that be, please go hire someone that can turn this thing around. Don’t waste another year. Don’t wait. Go find the next guy to give us hope.
Oregon with 17 in the third. It's now 27-17
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
tjtlja wrote:When Leach took over at Wazzu, they were as bad as Kansas. They are currently beating Oregon 27-0. Whoever the powers that be, please go hire someone that can turn this thing around. Don’t waste another year. Don’t wait. Go find the next guy to give us hope.
Oregon with 17 in the third. It's now 27-17
Now 27-20. 5 minutes left
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

I would for us to be leading Oregon 27-20 with 4 minutes left.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

WSU up 34-20 with 3 minutes left.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

tjtlja wrote:WSU up 34-20 with 3 minutes left.
Blackouts big tonight. WSU and Purdue (up 28-13 v Ohio St w 9 minutes left) both doing blackouts
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
tjtlja wrote:WSU up 34-20 with 3 minutes left.
Blackouts big tonight. WSU and Purdue (up 28-13 v Ohio St w 9 minutes left) both doing blackouts
35-13
sr
Regent's Circle

Unread post by sr »

Banks has what 10 plays he can call. Saw more effort, desire and talent from Jones. No passes to the wide outs until the end. Same running plays on first down series after series. Banks needs to carry a cement block around for this next week. Coach preaches no fumbles, but his QB is a fumbling machine
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Unread post by OGSB »

sr wrote:Banks has what 10 plays he can call. Saw more effort, desire and talent from Jones. No passes to the wide outs until the end. Same running plays on first down series after series. Banks needs to carry a cement block around for this next week. Coach preaches no fumbles, but his QB is a fumbling machine
Be fair. He only fumbles at crucial points in the game. Which turn out to be crucial because he fumbled.

The Theaches of Peaches sounds like more fun.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Unread post by OGSB »

Seriously, how many of us laughed at Ed Orgeron at LSU? We’re doing the face plant we expected from them.

What’s wrong here?
sr
Regent's Circle

Unread post by sr »

Guess I'll just celebrate with Purdue fans tonight !! 49 - 20 Boilermakers
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

Is anybody really surprised by how bad we are on offense. This has been going on for three years. The reasons are numerous -

1. It started when Lee and Veal took their talents elsewhere. They were not going to play for a coach who wanted to run the ball.
2. Lindsey Scott - third team QB at LSU and Missouri. We spent the wad on a kid whose parents were never going to let him come to St. Charles Ave. How many QB’s did we pass on?
3. We have a head coach and offensive coordinator who have OL and RB’s that fit an option style offense and QB’s that fit something (I have no clue what that may be). And our WR depth has taken a huge hit because we have no identity.
4. Our offensive coaches can only teach one style of offense. They cannot adapt. They practice at the Saints facility and have two of the greatest offensive minds to quiz and still know nothing about the passing game. WF was paid a $125,000 today. We had two weeks to prepare and we made very few changes.
5. The future with this group looks bleak. We still have the same issues going forward.
6. Our most dynamic player who is averaging nine yards per carry gets the ball 3-4 times a game. Until today, our RB’s (who are very good), had caught two passes the entire year. Today they caught 6 for 68 yards - 11 yards per catch. This was done without a catch by either Bradwell or the other RB we refuse to use.
7. We are located in an area that is loaded with WR’s and throwing QB’s and we opt out. Why? Didn’t Bowden and Rodriguez give us the blueprint for offensive success.

There is only one thing to do.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

tjtlja wrote:Is anybody really surprised by how bad we are on offense. This has been going on for three years. The reasons are numerous -

1. It started when Lee and Veal took their talents elsewhere. They were not going to play for a coach who wanted to run the ball.
2. Lindsey Scott - third team QB at LSU and Missouri. We spent the wad on a kid whose parents were never going to let him come to St. Charles Ave. How many QB’s did we pass on?
3. We have a head coach and offensive coordinator who have OL and RB’s that fit an option style offense and QB’s that fit something (I have no clue what that may be). And our WR depth has taken a huge hit because we have no identity.
4. Our offensive coaches can only teach one style of offense. They cannot adapt. They practice at the Saints facility and have two of the greatest offensive minds to quiz and still know nothing about the passing game. WF was paid a $125,000 today. We had two weeks to prepare and we made very few changes.
5. The future with this group looks bleak. We still have the same issues going forward.
6. Our most dynamic player who is averaging nine yards per carry gets the ball 3-4 times a game. Until today, our RB’s (who are very good), had caught two passes the entire year. Today they caught 6 for 68 yards - 11 yards per catch. This was done without a catch by either Bradwell or the other RB we refuse to use.
7. We are located in an area that is loaded with WR’s and throwing QB’s and we opt out. Why? Didn’t Bowden and Rodriguez give us the blueprint for offensive success.

I don't think murder is legal, even in the lawless wasteland of Louisiana

*Note - I'm not calling to murder anyone
*Note - it is apparently not against forum rules to call for the death of a coach
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

Well played sir.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Unread post by OGSB »

gerryb323 wrote:
tjtlja wrote:Is anybody really surprised by how bad we are on offense. This has been going on for three years. The reasons are numerous -

*Note - it is apparently not against forum rules to call for the death of a coach
Better explains yourself buddy. We have rules which make us...I don’t know, set up for next year’s loser’s?
windywave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by windywave »

gerryb323 wrote:

Justfied homicide is an affirmative defense FYI
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

OGSB wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:

Better explains yourself buddy. We have rules which make us...I don’t know, set up for next year’s loser’s?
He said there was only one thing to do. Didn't everyone else jump to murder? No? Umm. Nevermind
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

Until/unless the school cares what their athletic program looks like we will likely continue to see the same results. Students don’t care. They’d rather rebuild some poor person’s house than watch football and most of the faculty and administration feel the same way.

Unless we bring in 3-4 JuCo OL and ANYONE that can play QB we won’t get to the next level. We are no longer “out athleted” in most positions but we still get beat on the OL.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
windywave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by windywave »

waverider wrote:Until/unless the school cares what their athletic program looks like we will likely continue to see the same results. Students don’t care. They’d rather rebuild some poor person’s house than watch football and most of the faculty and administration feel the same way.

Unless we bring in 3-4 JuCo OL and ANYONE that can play QB we won’t get to the next level. We are no longer “out athleted” in most positions but we still get beat on the OL.
If only there was somewhere in the country where linemen could be found....
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Unread post by OGSB »

frick. For the whole off season my signature was “He was in”. For the whole offseason I figured we would just show up and because we deserved it (because we’d put all that work in, you see?) the wins would appear. They would appear because we knew what we had to do to win, right? Then we actually played Wake Forest. Ugly, ugly game but we should’ve won. We didn’t. Didn’t show that “sense of urgency”. That was expected,right? After how last season eneded? But we lost. Oh well. Long season. We best Nicholls but so what? We have to best UAB, and we will, because of what happened last year. Except we didn’t. Then we best the hell out of Memphis, and while they aren’t the same Memphis, who the hell sre we to best the hell out of anybody? Lost to Cincinnati, but they’re really good, so no shame right? And we’ve got an off week, get everyone healthy, we’ll show up and because want to win easy, right? WANTING TO WIN ISNT ENOUGH. Everybody wants to win. If it was that easy everyone would be winners. I want the kids who hate to lose. I want a QB who’s pissed off he didn’t get a yard on that last drive. You want to win? So what? So does everyone else. Show me you hate to lose. Then we’ll see.
sr
Regent's Circle

Unread post by sr »

so two weeks of preparation gave us today's performance. need to radically change directions and change the QB. at this point Tulane needs a passer with some sort of TOUCH. Banks just cannot put the ball where the receivers have a chance to catch it. some are saying Amari Jones shouldn't have been in the game in critical situations - he was one of the brightest spots out there today. kinda of wished they would have kept him at QB coming out of HS. his talent is obvious. big week coming up ...