Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:47 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:45 pm
Posts: 21239
Location: Irish Channel, New Orleans
“USF just quit in the season”

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/usf-bul ... ssion=true

_________________
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:58 pm 
Offline
Navigator Level

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:18 am
Posts: 1485
What a doofus. Gives no credit to the team that whipped USF like rented mules.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:13 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:48 am
Posts: 6482
Money quote:

"If you quit at home against Tulane, who won't you quit against?"

Tulane doesn't beat anyone. The other teams only lose.

Well I'm glad the guy is looking forward to basketball season. Maybe USF can throw up a conference 0-fer in that sport.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:20 pm 
Offline
Cornerstone
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:30 pm
Posts: 31542
Location: 30°37'40.6"N 81°27'02.4"W
They were so high on themselves, despite not having won against significant competition all year. Houston was their only meaningful competition so far, and they lost that one.

USF is all hype based upon a lossless start against patsy competition. As soon as they faced a decent opponent, they were outed.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:34 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 21322
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Roller wrote:
They were so high on themselves, despite not having won against significant competition all year. Houston was their only meaningful competition so far, and they lost that one.

USF is all hype based upon a lossless start against patsy competition. As soon as they faced a decent opponent, they were outed.

I was just noticing UAB is 8-1 with their only loss being the whipping they took at Coastal Carolina the week before they played us. And talk about playing a bunch of nobodies... look at their wins.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:54 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:36 am
Posts: 19006
Location: Philadelphia, PA & Berlin, MD
I’m frankly surprised at the tone of the Tampa newspaper, not because any of it isn’t true, but because it reads like a 20-something keyboard warrior writing from Mom’s basement trying to peg the snark-o-meter. It’s nice being on this side of the cow chip tossing but dayum, that writer might never be allowed on campus again. Ever.

_________________
Tulane Class of 1978 | NROTC Tulane - Submariner | From everywhere and nowhere


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:49 am 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:49 pm
Posts: 3157
Location: Greeneville, TN
TUPF wrote:
I’m frankly surprised at the tone of the Tampa newspaper, not because any of it isn’t true, but because it reads like a 20-something keyboard warrior writing from Mom’s basement trying to peg the snark-o-meter. It’s nice being on this side of the cow chip tossing but dayum, that writer might never be allowed on campus again. Ever.


It wouldn't surprise me if the writer was in their 20s, but a click to his profile reveals a seasoned gentleman. Harsh words from him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:55 am 
Offline
Navigator Level

Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:06 am
Posts: 947
Location: River Ridge
Did Ted Lewis move to Tampa?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:03 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:15 pm
Posts: 7444
Location: Charlotte
it amazes me that nobody in Tampa could see that USF was a house of cards.. they needed a miracle to come back to beat Tulsa (that miracle was an idiot roughing the passer penalty during USF's winning FG drive), they got crushed by Houston and Blake Barnett hasn't put together two good halves all year... for them to bad mouth us while saying they "quit" is just completely ignorant of the facts at hand.

_________________
Image
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:12 am 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:33 pm
Posts: 3810
Location: Marietta, GA
Johnny Mac wrote:
it amazes me that nobody in Tampa could see that USF was a house of cards.. they needed a miracle to come back to beat Tulsa (that miracle was an idiot roughing the passer penalty during USF's winning FG drive), they got crushed by Houston and Blake Barnett hasn't put together two good halves all year... for them to bad mouth us while saying they "quit" is just completely ignorant of the facts at hand.


JM, we all know that when you lose to Tulane, you just can't coach. I think we've gotten more coaches fired than any other program, despite a dismal W/L record (or because of it).

We ought to be introspective and ask ourselves why are we 4-5 instead of 6-3 or 5-4?

_________________
Plan your work, work your plan.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:02 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 5509
Location: Wichita
Rotorooter wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
it amazes me that nobody in Tampa could see that USF was a house of cards.. they needed a miracle to come back to beat Tulsa (that miracle was an idiot roughing the passer penalty during USF's winning FG drive), they got crushed by Houston and Blake Barnett hasn't put together two good halves all year... for them to bad mouth us while saying they "quit" is just completely ignorant of the facts at hand.


JM, we all know that when you lose to Tulane, you just can't coach. I think we've gotten more coaches fired than any other program, despite a dismal W/L record (or because of it).

We ought to be introspective and ask ourselves why are we 4-5 instead of 6-3 or 5-4?

Banks fumbles?

_________________
#stopbunting
#nomorekicking
#freewindy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:19 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:48 am
Posts: 6482
gerryb323 wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
it amazes me that nobody in Tampa could see that USF was a house of cards.. they needed a miracle to come back to beat Tulsa (that miracle was an idiot roughing the passer penalty during USF's winning FG drive), they got crushed by Houston and Blake Barnett hasn't put together two good halves all year... for them to bad mouth us while saying they "quit" is just completely ignorant of the facts at hand.


JM, we all know that when you lose to Tulane, you just can't coach. I think we've gotten more coaches fired than any other program, despite a dismal W/L record (or because of it).

We ought to be introspective and ask ourselves why are we 4-5 instead of 6-3 or 5-4?

Banks fumbles?


That and three of the losses are to 8-1 teams. Regardless of the schedule and the "quality" of the competition, if you beat who you line up against week after week, you must have something.

Yes Tulane could have won the UAB and UC games but maybe those teams just beat Tulane. Perhaps they've earned some cred here.

That is what is so offensive about the Tampa article. "Tulane is a loser. If you don't win against Tulane, you're an even bigger loser."


That's the CW that makes me grind my teeth.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:29 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 7462
Location: Dripping Springs
Having watched Charlie Strong at Texas, this game was typical of CS's teams at UT in his three seasons.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:00 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:15 pm
Posts: 7444
Location: Charlotte
Rotorooter wrote:
We ought to be introspective and ask ourselves why are we 4-5 instead of 6-3 or 5-4?


actually SHOULD be 7-2.. we lost two games because the other team was better.. we should have won 3 games where we shot ourselves in the foot

_________________
Image
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group