Oliver out

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
WaveProf
Emerald Circle

Oliver out

Post by WaveProf »

Between injuries and a 1/2 game suspension, H-Town will be without their entire starting DL for the first half
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16

windywave
Emerald Circle

Re: Oliver out

Post by windywave »

Is Fagin playing?
Using big words is not a personal attack

PeteRasche
Emerald Circle

Post by PeteRasche »

windywave wrote:Is Fagin playing?

Perhaps the Artful Dodger will make an appearance.

randymc
President's Circle

Post by randymc »

maybe we will score 70; when they're old and it's cold and no one cares if Houston's defense lives or it dies.

Baywave1
Regent's Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Didn't Army have a 13 minute TD drive earlier this year? We may see that Thursday night.

No Oliver and the other DL injuries: I like Tulane covering the spread (now about ten points.)

O/U is 67.5. No guess there.

WaveProf
Emerald Circle

Post by WaveProf »

Both teams have a major defensive player out the first half. Does whoever wins the flip take the ball first for a change?
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16

ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

windywave wrote:Is Fagin playing?
If so, we should probably run right at him.

GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Post by GretnaGrn »

randymc wrote:maybe we will score 70; when they're old and it's cold and no one cares if Houston's defense lives or it dies.

EagerBiever
Riptide Level

Post by EagerBiever »

From @Joseph_Duarte of the Houston Chronicle:

Houston defensive tackle Ed Oliver has been ruled out for Thursday's game against Tulane. It will be fourth straight game Oliver has missed with a bruised right knee.

waverider
Emerald Circle

Post by waverider »

As I posted in another thread, Houston is last in FBS allowing 314 passing yards per game. Another WR may have to step up and catch the damn ball!
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson

LSU Law Greenie
Coach Level

Post by LSU Law Greenie »

waverider wrote:As I posted in another thread, Houston is last in FBS allowing 314 passing yards per game. Another WR may have to step up and catch the damn ball!
If we can catch the ball - and that's a big if - I see this as a game where we can run AND throw for over 250 each and rack up 500 plus yards of offense. Houston's defense is THAT bad the last few weeks. Houston scores a lot of points (40+ points in EVERY game this season) but if we can run the ball and get a turnover or two to limit Houston's possessions we should be able to get a win.

As someone posted in another thread - I feel better about this game than I did about the ECU game.

Temple averages 160.8 yards rushing per game - they rushed for 312 yards against Houston last week.
SMU averages 130 rushing yards per game - they rushed for 190 yards against Houston 2 weeks ago.

Tulane currently averages 215.8 yards per game - lets hope the trend continues and we rush well above our season average!

Roll Wave!
My name is T. J. Acosta and I approve this message!

PeteRasche
Emerald Circle

Post by PeteRasche »

So basically Tulane aims to keep opponent's offenses off the field by having long, time-consuming drives. But against Houston, no one has long drives because everyone scores quickly and easily, thus leading to Houston racking up 40+ ppg.

Should be interesting.

Private Joker
Navigator Level

Post by Private Joker »

Oliver should not play the rest of the year. Save his body for the NFL: $$$$$$$$$$$$$

tulaneoutlaw
President's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

PeteRasche wrote:So basically Tulane aims to keep opponent's offenses off the field by having long, time-consuming drives. But against Houston, no one has long drives because everyone scores quickly and easily, thus leading to Houston racking up 40+ ppg.

Should be interesting.
If any offense can put this trend to the test, it's ours. We've had some explosive plays this year, but the predictability of what we do makes me wonder if we'll see SMU/Temple like results.

IM42lane
Riptide Level

Post by IM42lane »

JUST WIN, period.

I don’t care how Tulane can do it. JUST WIN!!!
A. S. Madere
7816 Board Drive
St. George, LA 70817-6045

Email: IM42lane@yahoo.com

IM42lane
Riptide Level

Post by IM42lane »

IM42lane wrote:JUST WIN, period.

I don’t care how Tulane can do it. JUST WIN!!!

The WINNER of this game is in FIRST place of the West Division, period. That should be enough incentive for ANYONE to play well in this game.

ROLL WAVE !!!!
A. S. Madere
7816 Board Drive
St. George, LA 70817-6045

Email: IM42lane@yahoo.com

tulaneoutlaw
President's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

Quoting yourself? I hope you're in agreement :lol: I know I am.