Good vibrations for bowl week...ULL

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Re: Good vibrations for bowl week...ULL

Post by WaveProf »

1) Pete is correct, I was referring to cure Bowl

2) I’ve lived most my life in the south and a decade plus in Nola. Yes I own a deer sucker pink and white dress shirt and a pink striped deer sucker suit. I ain’t a yankee :coolshades:
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

PeteRasche wrote:
windywave wrote:
WaveProf wrote:pink should never be needed

(in this context I mean. I don't mind wearing pink)
I just go strolling by whistling with an evil smirk
You missed the part above where I asked whether teams would wear pink because it's the Cure Bowl.

And I'm not afraid to wear pink too, you still judge folks by that 1970s faux-macho standard?
Not at all, I cut a handsome figure in my favorite pink button down as well as my pastel assortment of vineyard vines shirts. The evil smirk had more to do with what I believe TUPF termed his sailor mind
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

:lol:
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

sr wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:Here's a vote for the Angry Sneer helmet decal which team used once or twice this year.

Meanwhile who's the home team?
They wore these at practice this morning in the Saint's indoor facility --

From my experience teams usually practiced in one set so the other set would be ready for shipping, repair etc by game day. So I would guess we are playing in white. That is just a guess though.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Tulane football tweeted a tease few minutes ago saying "u gotta wait, it's a surprise" regarding the uniform reveal.
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

PeteRasche wrote:Tulane football tweeted a tease few minutes ago saying "u gotta wait, it's a surprise" regarding the uniform reveal.

So I guess it will be a surprise which team is "home' and which team is "away", unless UL-L reveals it.

Fan since '54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Fan Since '54 wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:Tulane football tweeted a tease few minutes ago saying "u gotta wait, it's a surprise" regarding the uniform reveal.

So I guess it will be a surprise which team is "home' and which team is "away", unless UL-L reveals it.

Fan since '54
I hope we bat last
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
wave97
Head Trainer

Post by wave97 »

WaveProf wrote:1) Pete is correct, I was referring to cure Bowl

2) I’ve lived most my life in the south and a decade plus in Nola. Yes I own a deer sucker pink and white dress shirt and a pink striped deer sucker suit. I ain’t a yankee :coolshades:
A pink deer sucker in a seersucker suit?
Couldn't be more delighted to be a Yankee.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

Fan Since '54 wrote:Time to get to work. Whether you job is being an archeologist, banker, chef, doctor, electrician, or all the way down to zoologist, you need to work at your job to be a success. Right now it is the job of the Tulane football coaches and players to get down to some serious work to come out winners @ the Cure Bowl vs our neighbors from Lafayette. Doesn't matter (unless you are betting) if we win by 1 or 50, just so long as you get the "W". Roll Wave. Beat the Cajuns.Fan since '54
And yet, here we are.
TG
Navigator Level

Post by TG »

"This one belongs to the Wave"
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Can you ask him about the Chicago area (specifically the Northern Suburbs) interest that has ticked up recently from zero?
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

ml wave wrote:
Fan Since '54 wrote:Time to get to work. Whether you job is being an archeologist, banker, chef, doctor, electrician, or all the way down to zoologist, you need to work at your job to be a success. Right now it is the job of the Tulane football coaches and players to get down to some serious work to come out winners @ the Cure Bowl vs our neighbors from Lafayette. Doesn't matter (unless you are betting) if we win by 1 or 50, just so long as you get the "W". Roll Wave. Beat the Cajuns.Fan since '54
And yet, here we are.
Yea we are.

Fan since '54
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

TU has been taking small steps in the last few years. But today they finally took a larger step. Win a bowl and finished 7-6 (.538 winning percentage). As the song says, "See you in September". Or maybe late August. Lest y'all forget I had NOTHING to do with this, except show support for my team. Roll Wave.

Fan since '54
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

Fan Since '54 wrote:
ml wave wrote:
And yet, here we are.
Yea we are.

Fan since '54
Thanks to the many brave souls who, near-unanimously, voted to be rid of juju threads. There are heroes all around us.
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

ml wave wrote:
Fan Since '54 wrote:
ml wave wrote:
And yet, here we are.
Yea we are.

Fan since '54
Thanks to the many brave souls who, near-unanimously, voted to be rid of juju threads. There are heroes all around us.
There are no more juju threads. They are referred to as good vibrations now. I hope you are better at your job then you are at reading/comprehending. BTW, do you remember the word you used...improvement? I am not taking any credit for the improvement we had this year because there is no A+B=C involved. I just support my team, just like you do. And I have the right to do so, as do you. Good evening sir. And Roll Wave!!!

Fan since '54
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

If this thread costs us our OC...... shakes head :roll:
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

WaveProf wrote:If this thread costs us our OC...... shakes head :roll:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLmd0100T9g

Fan since '54
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

Fan Since '54 wrote:
ml wave wrote:
Fan Since '54 wrote:
ml wave wrote:
And yet, here we are.
Yea we are.

Fan since '54
There are no more juju threads. They are referred to as good vibrations now. I hope you are better at your job then you are at reading/comprehending. BTW, do you remember the word you used...improvement? I am not taking any credit for the improvement we had this year because there is no A+B=C involved. I just support my team, just like you do. And I have the right to do so, as do you. Good evening sir. And Roll Wave!!!

Fan since '54
Oh, you won't take credit? How generous! I heard Doug Ruse is similarly not taking credit for us scoring 41 points in our bowl game.

Btw, you can change the name on your threads all you want, but your juju stink is still all over them. The facts don't lie:

1-0 with no juju threads
1-5 with juju threads
5-1 after the people overwhelmingly voted to reject the juju threads

Seriously, you not taking credit for our improvement is perhaps the funniest thing ever on this board.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

ml wave wrote:
Fan Since '54 wrote:
ml wave wrote:
Fan Since '54 wrote:
ml wave wrote:
And yet, here we are.
Yea we are.

Fan since '54

Fan since '54
Oh, you won't take credit? How generous! I heard Doug Ruse is similarly not taking credit for us scoring 41 points in our bowl game.

Btw, you can change the name on your threads all you want, but your juju stink is still all over them. The facts don't lie:

1-0 with no juju threads
1-5 with juju threads

Seriously, you not taking credit for our improvement is perhaps the funniest thing ever on this board.
I voted to reject juju!
:king:
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

ml wave wrote:
Fan Since '54 wrote:
ml wave wrote:
Fan Since '54 wrote:
ml wave wrote:
And yet, here we are.
Yea we are.

Fan since '54

Fan since '54

1-0 with no juju threads
1-5 with good vibrations threads
5-1 after the people overwhelmingly voted to reject the good vibrations threads

Hey NN, I have never taken credit for any wins or losses. The threads were meant to support my team, and to request others to do the same, and for those purposes only. What is it that is so simple, so hard for you to understand? Remind me to never use your services. You probably can't add 1+1 and come up with a total of 2.

Have a good day,

Fan since '54

Editing here: I am already looking forward to next football season. We have steadily improved in the Fritz era, and I'm thinking we can continue that trend in '19. Roll Wave!!!!
CT Wave
Coach Level

Post by CT Wave »

We have improved, and I can only think of one thing that might stop us. Hope I don't have to say any more.
"You're not here on scholarship to lose. I didn't recruit you to lose. Losing is abnormal; losing is unusual; losing is unacceptable. That's not what we're here for."
Bob Knight
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

CT Wave wrote:We have improved, and I can only think of one thing that might stop us. Hope I don't have to say any more.
5 words. I am not a quitter.

Fan since '54
MattK
President's Circle

Post by MattK »

CT Wave wrote:We have improved, and I can only think of one thing that might stop us. Hope I don't have to say any more.
Since we just won a bowl game, I thought you may have meant an ‘athletic review’.

But you’re right. Juju/vibration threads are much more damaging.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

Fan Since '54 wrote:
ml wave wrote:
Fan Since '54 wrote:
ml wave wrote:
Fan Since '54 wrote:
ml wave wrote:
And yet, here we are.
Yea we are.

Fan since '54

Fan since '54

1-0 with no juju threads
1-5 with good vibrations threads
5-1 after the people overwhelmingly voted to reject the good vibrations threads

Hey NN, I have never taken credit for any wins or losses. The threads were meant to support my team, and to request others to do the same, and for those purposes only. What is it that is so simple, so hard for you to understand? Remind me to never use your services. You probably can't add 1+1 and come up with a total of 2.

Have a good day,

Fan since '54

Editing here: I am already looking forward to next football season. We have steadily improved in the Fritz era, and I'm thinking we can continue that trend in '19. Roll Wave!!!!
NN? Net neutrality? No nonsense? Never nude? Is this more bullying?

While you may claim that you're doing this to support your team, time and time again the evidence has shown otherwise (see my earlier post)...unless your team is LSU?
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

gerryb323 wrote:
ml wave wrote:
Fan Since '54 wrote:
ml wave wrote:
Fan Since '54 wrote:
ml wave wrote:
And yet, here we are.
Yea we are.

Fan since '54

Fan since '54

1-0 with no juju threads
1-5 with juju threads

I voted to reject juju!
:king:
Thank you for your service!