The View from Lafayette

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

The View from Lafayette

Unread post by WaveProf »

Ragin Cajuns are Ready to Geaux Bowling Against TU
https://ragincajuns.com/news/2018/12/10 ... ulane.aspx

Napier wants Cajuns to overcome Bowl Week Distractions
https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/spo ... 273034002/

How a 7-6 Bowl Bound Team Started 1-3, and Closed With 6-3 Finish
https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/spo ... 258834002/

Hill will have surgery; Cure Bowl status uncertain
https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/spo ... 218155002/

Louisiana Regroups for Tulane Matchup
https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/spo ... 209660002/
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Re: The View from Lafayette

Also worth noting their message board has taken to referring to "Orlandeaux". I kid you not.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

WaveProf wrote:How a 7-6 Bowl Bound Team Started 1-3, and Closed With 6-3 Finish
Um, they played Grambling in their opener, then #18 MSU, Coastal Carolina (?!?) and #1 Alabama to start. Then they played a SBC schedule after that. That's how. Not exactly some great midseason turnaround story.

In case anyone hadn't bothered to look (like me until just now), their 3 losses after getting to conference play were to Troy and App. State twice (season and conference CG). Their wins (besides the aforementioned Grambling) were at Texas State and ULM, and home against NM State, Ark. State, GA State, and So. Alabama.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Their message board has an entire thread, yes an entire 4-page thread, about Sagarin starting to call them "Louisiana"

http://www.raginpagin.com/louisiana/sho ... -Louisiana
Ragin4u
Junior

Unread post by Ragin4u »

Why are the greenies so worried about our name?
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Baywave1 »

PeteRasche wrote:
WaveProf wrote:How a 7-6 Bowl Bound Team Started 1-3, and Closed With 6-3 Finish
Um, they played Grambling in their opener, then #18 MSU, Coastal Carolina (?!?) and #1 Alabama to start. Then they played a SBC schedule after that. That's how. Not exactly some great midseason turnaround story.

In case anyone hadn't bothered to look (like me until just now), their 3 losses after getting to conference play were to Troy and App. State twice (season and conference CG). Their wins (besides the aforementioned Grambling) were at Texas State and ULM, and home against NM State, Ark. State, GA State, and So. Alabama.
Well perhaps the four point spread today says more about Tulane than ULL according to the betting pros. Who cares? Let's beat 'em.
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tulaneoutlaw »

Ragin4u wrote:Why are the greenies so worried about our name?
Why do you care what people around here think? We can go round and round all day, if you like.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

I'm not. I have no real problem with y'all's re-branding. But your obsession with it is downright laughable (in fairness, so is the obsession of a few of ours around here who are upset by it).
windywave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by windywave »

I'm not, I just find it amusing that the inferiority complex is irrationally off the charts.
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Baywave1 »

Merrily, we treaul along.....
Ragin4u
Junior

Unread post by Ragin4u »

I'm curious as to why fans of one school are so interested in the name for our athletic teams.
If you decided to call yourselves something else, I wouldn't notice. Just an interesting phenomenon.

I dont care what other fans call us. I do care that ESPN, SI, CBS follow our wishes, but fans of Toolame, El Lay tech and lshoe? Not so much
MattK
President's Circle

Unread post by MattK »

Ragin4u wrote:I'm curious as to why fans of one school are so interested in the name for our athletic teams.
If you decided to call yourselves something else, I wouldn't notice. Just an interesting phenomenon.

I dont care what other fans call us. I do care that ESPN, SI, CBS follow our wishes, but fans of Toolame, El Lay tech and lshoe? Not so much
I didn't notice. Thus, USL.
FW
Cornerstone

Unread post by FW »

Ragin4u wrote:I'm curious as to why fans of one school are so interested in the name for our athletic teams.

Why do you care so much about calling yourself some made up name?
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Ragin4u wrote: I do care that ESPN, SI, CBS follow our wishes, but fans of Toolame, El Lay tech and lshoe? Not so much
I say this as someone who has less problems about the Louisiana things than most. Why do you care what espn calls you? Why SHOULD They call you a name that isn’t technically your university name? Why does it matter so much to you when they don’t? Why do you get so excited when they do?
windywave
Emerald Circle

FW wrote:

Why do you care so much about calling yourself some made up name?
Small [redacted] syndrome is my guess
#cousins don't count
windywave
Emerald Circle

To be perfectly honest if I didn't go to Tulane I may not even know your school existed. I can take a poll in my office and see if anyone knows about the cajuns and if they do can name the school.
#cousins don't count
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

Well, in our defense, we don't have a 4 page thread about what Sagarin calls you.
Ragin4u
Junior

Unread post by Ragin4u »

Clearly, some of you care. I don't know the status a marketing degree from Tulane carries but that is what "Louisiana" is about. Marketing and branding. That is why the University of Texas at Austin is branded Texas and why your sisters over in Refineryville are LSU and not Louisiana State University A&M at Baton Rouge.
But you know all of that, don't you? It makes you sound envious and little to constantly talk about another school's name.
Anyway, I'll enjoy beating tulane in basketball, baseball and football (again).
Ray
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Ray »

Ragin4u wrote:Clearly, some of you care. I don't know the status a marketing degree from Tulane carries but that is what "Louisiana" is about. Marketing and branding. That is why the University of Texas at Austin is branded Texas and why your sisters over in Refineryville are LSU and not Louisiana State University A&M at Baton Rouge.
But you know all of that, don't you? It makes you sound envious and little to constantly talk about another school's name.
'Refineryville' :lol: :lol: I like it !!
windywave
Emerald Circle

Ragin4u wrote:Clearly, some of you care. I don't know the status a marketing degree from Tulane carries but that is what "Louisiana" is about. Marketing and branding. That is why the University of Texas at Austin is branded Texas and why your sisters over in Refineryville are LSU and not Louisiana State University A&M at Baton Rouge.

I'll enjoy [redacted] while you enjoy that.
#cousins don't count
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tulaneoutlaw »

Methinks Ragin is counting chickens before they hatch
windywave
Emerald Circle

tulaneoutlaw wrote:Methinks Ragin is counting chickens before they hatch
[Redacted]
#cousins don't count
Sophandros
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Sophandros »

Ragin4u wrote:Clearly, some of you care. I don't know the status a marketing degree from Tulane carries but that is what "Louisiana" is about. Marketing and branding. That is why the University of Texas at Austin is branded Texas
I don't have a marketing degree, but I am familiar with the concept. Thus, I understand why you want to be called "Louisiana". Personally, I have absolutely no problem with it. In fact, I kind of like it because it gets under purple and gold skin. That said...
Ragin4u wrote:and why your sisters over in Refineryville are LSU and not Louisiana State University A&M at Baton Rouge.
First of all, how dare you.

If anything, they are your family. Claim your people. :lol:
Ragin4u wrote:It makes you sound envious and little to constantly talk about another school's name.
http://www.winsipedia.com/tulane/vs/louisiana-lafayette

I'm going to say this in the least elitist way I know how:

Why would we be envious of someone who is inferior to us in every possible way?
Sports Talk radio and most sports message boards are the killing fields of intellectual discourse.
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

University of Louisiana at Monroe should be the only ones that care what the University of Louisiana at Lafayette calls themselves because it’s also their name. The rest of the state shouldn’t care.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
AirBill
Senior

Unread post by AirBill »

WaveProf wrote:Ragin Cajuns are Ready to Geaux Bowling Against TU
https://ragincajuns.com/news/2018/12/10 ... ulane.aspx

Napier wants Cajuns to overcome Bowl Week Distractions
https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/spo ... 273034002/

How a 7-6 Bowl Bound Team Started 1-3, and Closed With 6-3 Finish
https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/spo ... 258834002/