Preseason AAC Baseball Coaches Poll

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
sr
Regent's Circle

Re: Preseason AAC Baseball Coaches Poll

Unread post by sr »

Baseball began Spring practice at 6 this morning - first game Feb. 15th

https://twitter.com/coreyolivier/status ... 55808?s=20

Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Baywave1 »

Tulane schedule is incredibly home game front end loaded. It does have an early season neutral site tournament series during MG against some meh baseball teams but other than that only two midweek road games until the end of March. Jones may have done the same thing but I never recall one like this. It reminds me of classic UT or LSU scheduling although the quality of early home OOC games is certainly relatively attractive.

I like watching the Wave so I'm happy but if Tulane is to make tourney as at large team, it will need to dominate the opposition because the selectors may discount only a "good" record with this disproportionate number of OOC home games.
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tulaneoutlaw »

Bay, you may be right about being discounted, but we need the wins first before we can worry about that. This is such a pivotal year for Jewett. It's year three which means we should expect a tournament year. Anything less and that's three straight disappointing seasons.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Baywave1 »

outlaw, you are spot on. lets make the regionals and put the noise in the rearview mirror.
Tulane49
Navigator Level

Unread post by Tulane49 »

First team practice is Jan 25.
sr
Regent's Circle

Unread post by sr »

Couple of AW's -

visualmagic
President's Circle

Unread post by visualmagic »

Baywave1 wrote:Tulane schedule is incredibly home game front end loaded. It does have an early season neutral site tournament series during MG against some meh baseball teams but other than that only two midweek road games until the end of March. Jones may have done the same thing but I never recall one like this. It reminds me of classic UT or LSU scheduling although the quality of early home OOC games is certainly relatively attractive.

I like watching the Wave so I'm happy but if Tulane is to make tourney as at large team, it will need to dominate the opposition because the selectors may discount only a "good" record with this disproportionate number of OOC home games.
I guess last time I checked the schedule, the Army Invitational was still TBD as far as who our opponents would be. I was expecting something better than Dartmouth, St Joes and Army. Dartmouth and St Joe's were pretty bad last year.