PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:50 pm 
President's Circle

Happens to the best of us

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:48 pm 
Regent's Circle

PeteRasche wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:
windywave wrote:
Drinking and nookie engages them as well and both those are more athletic than e-sports

They may be more fun but they are not more athletic.

1. Bay, you're doing it wrong (inadvertent use of "doing it").
2. This might be Windy's greatest post ever.

Agree with you absolutely that windy's hot take deserves a prominent place on all time best list. I'll accept I'm being outvoted here so let's just leave my "incomprehensibility" at that. I'm saving whatever few brain cells I have left for irrationally cheering on the MBB team. I expect it to earn me cred with St. Peter.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:08 pm 
Regent's Circle

Baywave1 wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:
windywave wrote:
Drinking and nookie engages them as well and both those are more athletic than e-sports

Agree with you absolutely that windy's hot take deserves a prominent place on all time best list. I'll accept I'm being outvoted here so let's just leave my "incomprehensibility" at that. I'm saving whatever few brain cells I have left for irrationally cheering on the MBB team. I expect it to earn me cred with St. Peter.

I think St. Jude is probably the more relevant one here....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:16 pm 
Emerald Circle

GretnaGrn wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:
windywave wrote:

I think St. Jude is probably the more relevant one here....

Restraint ... must use restraint :king:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:52 pm 
Regent's Circle

Keep trying guys. St. Jude is very good. :mrgreen: As I said I was outvoted. So be it.

Meanwhile I will not be chummed into a "frank" discussion that will lead to bad officiating resulting in automatic ejections from this forum.

It's been awhile but I remember when Billy Wells of Tulane was the national collegiate pocket billiards champion. That was athletic enough for me especially since he practiced every day on tables adjacent to the Tulane bowling alleys in the UC.

However I do draw the line on Athletics sponsoring the Tulane Quidditch team. Let's keep the brooms out of Wilson.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:00 pm 
Regent's Circle

Baywave1 wrote:
Keep trying guys. St. Jude is very good. :mrgreen: As I said I was outvoted. So be it.

Meanwhile I will not be chummed into a "frank" discussion that will lead to bad officiating resulting in automatic ejections from this forum.

It's been awhile but I remember when Billy Wells of Tulane was the national collegiate pocket billiards champion. That was athletic enough for me especially since he practiced every day on tables adjacent to the Tulane bowling alleys in the UC.

However I do draw the line on Athletics sponsoring the Tulane Quidditch team. Let's keep the brooms out of Wilson.

Quidditch is more athletic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:04 pm 
Emerald Circle

Baywave1 wrote:

Quidditch uses multiple sticks and balls and there is some panting involved

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:04 pm 
Emerald Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:

Than drinking maybe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:08 pm 
Regent's Circle

windywave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:

Than drinking maybe

Than eSports

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:21 pm 
Emerald Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
windywave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:

Than drinking maybe

Than eSports

I thought we established drinkig and nookie were more athletic already and since quidditch is more athletic than drinking e-sports is not even worthy of a mention.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:46 am 
Head Trainer

windywave wrote:

Wait-
1). For these purposes, are drinking and nookie considered one activity?
2). Is Quidditch some new variant of number 1 the kids are doing these days?

I am having a hard time keeping up....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:49 am 
President's Circle

Carolina Greenie wrote:
windywave wrote:

Wait-

They make a pill for that.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:53 am 
Emerald Circle

Carolina Greenie wrote:
windywave wrote:

Wait-

1) Independent activities
2) Harry Potter man. Come on where have you been for 20 years? (Just search quidditch on here for a few threads about our team)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:46 am 
Regent's Circle

Baywave1 wrote:
Glad to see progress made on bringing tennis back to campus. Goldrings deserve it (and probably have a hand in this new one too) for all they have done for Tulane athletics especially supporting that the former center land be used for Yulman.

Did Dannen say 'campus'. Didn't he say 'in the area'. What about Uptown Square? Tulane still have some of that property?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:06 am 
Navigator Level

I hope the tennis facility is on or right next to campus. The tennis teams and Booras deserve a top notch facility. It's going to be hard to recruit without one. This is long overdue. We also need some place to hang our tennis national title and conference championship titles!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:42 am 
Regent's Circle

Apparently e-sports is extremely popular and has low costs. As JohnnyMac & I used to argue on the radio - If you can drink a beer while playing...it’s not a sport.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:20 pm 
Emerald Circle

Baywave1 wrote:

Pocket pool? I think you're still doing it wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:36 pm 
Emerald Circle

JtS wrote:
Apparently e-sports is extremely popular and has low costs.
A couple of XBox Ones and TVs... maybe some really comfy gaming chairs? A few backup controllers in case someone overdoes it? The cost of the each scholarship player's XBox Live annual membership? Yeah, I'd say the costs are low.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:38 pm 
President's Circle

PeteRasche wrote:
JtS wrote:
A couple of XBox Ones and TVs... maybe some really comfy gaming chairs? A few backup controllers in case someone overdoes it? The cost of the each scholarship player's XBox Live annual membership? Yeah, I'd say the costs are low.

how does eligibility work? is redshirting an option?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:51 pm 
Regent's Circle

ml wave wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:

Pocket pool? I think you're still doing it wrong.

Perhaps. But whatever it was Wells was a national champ (multiple times too!)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:55 pm 
President's Circle

They probably won't be doing eSports on xbox one. More like several high end gaming computers. I'm not a big time gamer myself, but from what I understand, the very best teams practice many hours a day, sometimes 8+. Not sure there are any limits on that from an NCAA standpoint, but they also likely won't need a coach to supervise them.

I'm all for it, although it's an awkward fit with athletics. Not sure where else you put them though.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:10 pm 
Regent's Circle

tulaneoutlaw wrote:
They probably won't be doing eSports on xbox one. More like several high end gaming computers. I'm not a big time gamer myself, but from what I understand, the very best teams practice many hours a day, sometimes 8+. Not sure there are any limits on that from an NCAA standpoint, but they also likely won't need a coach to supervise them.

I'm all for it, although it's an awkward fit with athletics. Not sure where else you put them though.

I think it's nothing more than a bureaucratic land rush on something that is popular with students and will probably pay for itself.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:11 pm 
Emerald Circle

krewe of ham and eggs wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
JtS wrote:

how does eligibility work? is redshirting an option?

Mt. Dew code red approved for the training table?