Season tickets now require $50 gift

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
chitown4tu
Riptide Level

Season tickets now require $50 gift

Post by chitown4tu »

I recieved my renewal app for next years football season. I sit on the visitors side around the 5 yard line. They're telling me that they require a $59 gift. They didn't ask for this last year. This whole gifting thing to buy tickets if upsetting. Norte Dame had the same thing, but they produce very good teams. This is a sure way to chase away some fans.
Coach Level

Re: Season tickets now require $50 gift

Post by 1401973 »

We have 5 seats in 123: visitor side 10 yard line.
No fee required.
Price for tickets went down this year.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

As noted ticket prices have generally been lowered. There are still sections of the stadium that don't require a GWC donation. If you like sports this is one of the best deals in town besides when the Pels do their deals.

Most importantly this will help Tulane compete more effectively in AAC.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

chitown4tu wrote:I recieved my renewal app for next years football season. I sit on the visitors side around the 5 yard line. They're telling me that they require a $59 gift. They didn't ask for this last year. This whole gifting thing to buy tickets if upsetting. Norte Dame had the same thing, but they produce very good teams. This is a sure way to chase away some fans.
You aure it is $59 donation? That seems unround
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
ForeverTU
Regent's Circle

Post by ForeverTU »

chitown4tu wrote:I recieved my renewal app for next years football season. I sit on the visitors side around the 5 yard line. They're telling me that they require a $59 gift. They didn't ask for this last year. This whole gifting thing to buy tickets if upsetting. Norte Dame had the same thing, but they produce very good teams. This is a sure way to chase away some fans.
That area shouldn’t require a fee. What section are you in?
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Baywave1 wrote: besides when the Pels do their deals.
You did say "like sports" no?
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

Baywave1 wrote:As noted ticket prices have generally been lowered. There are still sections of the stadium that don't require a GWC donation. If you like sports this is one of the best deals in town besides when the Pels do their deals.

Most importantly this will help Tulane compete more effectively in AAC.

I can't wait until the Pels come back in April. Their games are gonna be @ Heinemann Park (Tulane & Carrollton) right?

Fan since '54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"
GSx
Emerald Circle

Post by GSx »

1401973 wrote:We have 5 seats in 123: visitor side 10 yard line.
No fee required.
Price for tickets went down this year.
The price for my 4 seats doubled from $1,000 to $2,000. That includes a rather large required "gift."
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

GSx wrote: The price for my 4 seats doubled from $1,000 to $2,000. That includes a rather large required "gift."
Yes. Mine almost quadrupled. I'm pushing to move sections, but there is a legit chance we stop attending Tulane football. Ongoing debate in our household. I'm in no way angry at Tulane for the changes, and I haven't whined much about the changes. If we decide to quit, that's our decision, and not a tragedy. And it IS important to note there are places in the stadium where prices did go down. But the idea that they "mostly" went down isn't "mostly" true for a lot of the people on this board who live in town and actually go to games.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

WaveProf wrote:
GSx wrote: The price for my 4 seats doubled from $1,000 to $2,000. That includes a rather large required "gift."
Yes. Mine almost quadrupled. I'm pushing to move sections, but there is a legit chance we stop attending Tulane football. Ongoing debate in our household. I'm in no way angry at Tulane for the changes, and I haven't whined much about the changes. If we decide to quit, that's our decision, and not a tragedy. And it IS important to note there are places in the stadium where prices did go down. But the idea that they "mostly" went down isn't "mostly" true for a lot of the people on this board who live in town and actually go to games.
You know you're not quitting. Worst case you'll change sections. You like gameday too much
#cousins don't count
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

FWIW My cost all in went down and I sit in a nice section for football. However my baseball and MBB went up so at end of day I'm paying maybe 15% more than previous year. As WP notes, the problem can be worked. Worst case you can show up at gametime and buy tickets from scalper for $5 each if this is requirement financially. You may miss kickoff but economics work.

Regardless I hope all find a way to solve it they can abide. As Windy says, most folks here enjoy gameday too much.
noladave
Regent's Circle

Post by noladave »

There are several sections where you can get tickets, without any required donation. Additionally, you can buy season tickets for as little as $59 or $99 dollars. That’s an incredible deal. Will you be on the 50 yard line? No.

My required donation recently, for Westfieldt was $1,500, and we usually did Coaches Corner ($2,500). Not always, usually. For a 4 year period (2010-2014) we even quit buying season tickets for a couple of years, and just bought game day tickets, when we could go. We had 1 kid in college, and 1 in high school, and were too busy to go to all of the games.

One of our breaking points, was when our seats behind home plate, that we had bought since 1998, jumped to $375, and a huge donation. We bought them for a couple of years, and then stopped. We moved to a different section. Cheaper prices, less donation required.

Now, we buy 2 or 3 football season tickets, and the same for baseball. we dont buy any basketball tickets.

I encourage everyone to buy season tickets. If you can’t buy season tickets, buy a package deal - mini 3 game packs for basketball, and similar packages for baseball. And if you have the money, buy tickets to donate - for $5 you can send kids to a Tulane game. Just call the ticket office, they can help you out.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

windywave wrote:
You aure it is $59 donation? That seems unround
If you look at the topic and then look at your keyboard, I'm aure you will be able to figure it out.
chitown4tu
Riptide Level

Post by chitown4tu »

Sorry, it was $50. My eyesight is getting bad.
CT Wave
Coach Level

Post by CT Wave »

windywave wrote:You aure it is $59 donation? That seems unround
A typo when pointing out a typo.
"You're not here on scholarship to lose. I didn't recruit you to lose. Losing is abnormal; losing is unusual; losing is unacceptable. That's not what we're here for."
Bob Knight
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

CT Wave wrote:
Mmmmmm, irony
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

CT Wave wrote:
You aure is was a rypo?
#cousins don't count
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

windywave wrote:
CT Wave wrote:
You aure is was a rypo?
Wavefan
Coach Level

Post by Wavefan »

Last year I was offered to move my six season tickets from the fifty on the Audubon side to the Westfeldt terrace near midfield for no additional cost. Donation was 1000 either staying or going. I moved because in my former Audubon side seats I was becoming more and more surrounded by visiting team fans. Now I get a notice that it will require a 3000 donation before I can purchase those seats for next season. Guess I’m going back to the Audubon side war zone☹️
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Wavefan wrote:Last year I was offered to move my six season tickets from the fifty on the Audubon side to the Westfeldt terrace near midfield for no additional cost. Donation was 1000 either staying or going. I moved because in my former Audubon side seats I was becoming more and more surrounded by visiting team fans. Now I get a notice that it will require a 3000 donation before I can purchase those seats for next season. Guess I’m going back to the Audubon side war zone☹️
Maybe this will chase enough fans over there that fewer visitors will be there?
Wavefan
Coach Level

Post by Wavefan »

One can only hope. To be sure most times it doesn’t matter but I do not want to pay a premium for season tickets to have the occasional group of visiting fans next to me shouting insults at Tulane or in front of me standing and turning around to harass my wife and children. I don’t think these were tickets resold or given away by Tulane season ticket holders, but Tulane selling unsold seats in a season ticket section. If Tulane is going to charge a hefty donation for the right to buy season tickets in a desirable location then Tulane should not sell unsold season ticket seats to the general public for that same location on a single game basis without a donation. That isn’t treating those of us who paid the premium fairly.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Wavefan wrote:One can only hope. To be sure most times it doesn’t matter but I do not want to pay a premium for season tickets to have the occasional group of visiting fans next to me shouting insults at Tulane or in front of me standing and turning around to harass my wife and children. I don’t think these were tickets resold or given away by Tulane season ticket holders, but Tulane selling unsold seats in a season ticket section. If Tulane is going to charge a hefty donation for the right to buy season tickets in a desirable location then Tulane should not sell unsold season ticket seats to the general public for that same location on a single game basis without a donation. That isn’t treating those of us who paid the premium fairly.
This is ass backwards... Tulane should maximize income....you have guaranteed good seats plus other perks from the donation
#cousins don't count
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Wavefan brings up an interesting point. However we attract better opponents by reminding them that New Orleans is an awesome road trip for their team and fans. This is the cost of having a program. The answer: just beat 'em and they'll shut up. The very nice Navy fans next to me left at halftime this year to go hit the dining and beverage circuit. So Tulane got their money, they did their cheering and then their crying in the second half at Pat O's and not in Yulman. OK with me.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Wavefan wrote:One can only hope. To be sure most times it doesn’t matter but I do not want to pay a premium for season tickets to have the occasional group of visiting fans next to me shouting insults at Tulane or in front of me standing and turning around to harass my wife and children. I don’t think these were tickets resold or given away by Tulane season ticket holders, but Tulane selling unsold seats in a season ticket section. If Tulane is going to charge a hefty donation for the right to buy season tickets in a desirable location then Tulane should not sell unsold season ticket seats to the general public for that same location on a single game basis without a donation. That isn’t treating those of us who paid the premium fairly.
That’s been the biggest complaint from people in my section. We pay a donation but are surrounded by visitors. It would actually be cheaper buying individual tickets in our section each game with no donation (based on single game prices last year). A few people near me told me last season that they considered moving their tickets about 6 feet over and no longer be required to donate.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

waverider wrote:
That’s been the biggest complaint from people in my section. We pay a donation but are surrounded by visitors. It would actually be cheaper buying individual tickets in our section each game with no donation (based on single game prices last year). A few people near me told me last season that they considered moving their tickets about 6 feet over and no longer be required to donate.
With the amount of empty seats we have at games, I think we should have less seats tied to donation. Either a donation is required or not and shouldn't be different for season/single game tickets. If they want to prorate the cost of donation and add that to single game prices, that's fine too.