Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:28 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:50 am
Posts: 7473
Location: new orleans, la
Mark your calendars for our Fan Fest on Saturday, Feb. 2nd! Watch us scrimmage, then stick around for post-game autographs & get the chance to throw @TUJewett in the Dunk Tank! FREE ADMISSION FOR ALL FANS! RollWave

Scheduled for 12:15 to 4:00pm...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:26 am 
Offline
Navigator Level
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:52 am
Posts: 529
noladave wrote:
Mark your calendars for our Fan Fest on Saturday, Feb. 2nd! Watch us scrimmage, then stick around for post-game autographs & get the chance to throw @TUJewett in the Dunk Tank! FREE ADMISSION FOR ALL FANS! RollWave

Scheduled for 12:15 to 4:00pm...

Free parking in Claiborne lot


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:23 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle

Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:57 pm
Posts: 10980
Location: Chicago
after this basketball debacle, hoping for something decent from baseball


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:24 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:45 pm
Posts: 6826
Location: Omnipresent
Image
New Friday night look?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:56 pm 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:26 pm
Posts: 2758
Old hats looked better


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:39 pm 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:07 am
Posts: 3296
I don’t like the megaphone. Put a bat or the pelicans on the hat.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:55 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:57 pm
Posts: 10000
Location: Metairie
I just don’t like placing two different mascots on one uniform

_________________
[i]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:21 pm 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:26 pm
Posts: 2758
BC Wave wrote:
I just don’t like placing two different mascots on one uniform


It’s strange. Why not put the angry wave on the sleeve and on Riptides chest?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:05 pm 
Offline
Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:40 am
Posts: 34
BC Wave wrote:
I just don’t like placing two different mascots on one uniform


Plus the Comb-over T on the sleeve.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:58 pm 
Offline
Cornerstone
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:30 pm
Posts: 31542
Location: 30°37'40.6"N 81°27'02.4"W
visualmagic wrote:
Old hats looked better
A curved bill would look a lot better (and it's easy to do).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:28 pm 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:26 pm
Posts: 2758
Roller wrote:
visualmagic wrote:
Old hats looked better
A curved bill would look a lot better (and it's easy to do).


I don't get complaining about the flat bills.
Every baseball team in the country wears a hat that comes with the flat bill. The players can obviously choose to shape the bill however they want from there but it would look totally ridiculous if the team wore this hat on a baseball diamond.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:34 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 21106
Location: Chicago
visualmagic wrote:
Roller wrote:
visualmagic wrote:
Old hats looked better
A curved bill would look a lot better (and it's easy to do).


I don't get complaining about the flat bills.
Every baseball team in the country wears a hat that comes with the flat bill. The players can obviously choose to shape the bill however they want from there but it would look totally ridiculous if the team wore this hat on a baseball diamond.

Image


Why? What's wrong with curve in the bill?

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:43 pm 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:26 pm
Posts: 2758
Nothing wrong with a curved bill but that hat and hats made like that aren’t worn on the baseball diamond.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:29 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 21322
Location: Cincinnati, OH
visualmagic wrote:
Nothing wrong with a curved bill but that hat and hats made like that aren’t worn on the baseball diamond.

Then why did you pick a casual, slouchy twill hat as an example just to say it wouldn't look good? Google around and you can find the stiff kind that is actually worn on the diamond but with angry wave on it (and pictured with the bill curved). Not any particular design I like personally, but if you imagine taking the embroidered AW off the one you posted and sticking it on one of those other ones, it would look fine.

Don't be distracted by Roller's complaining about the young kids' fashion sense these days. 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:06 pm 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:26 pm
Posts: 2758
PeteRasche wrote:
visualmagic wrote:
Nothing wrong with a curved bill but that hat and hats made like that aren’t worn on the baseball diamond.

Then why did you pick a casual, slouchy twill hat as an example just to say it wouldn't look good? Google around and you can find the stiff kind that is actually worn on the diamond but with angry wave on it (and pictured with the bill curved). Not any particular design I like personally, but if you imagine taking the embroidered AW off the one you posted and sticking it on one of those other ones, it would look fine.

Don't be distracted by Roller's complaining about the young kids' fashion sense these days. 8)


I guess you mean something like this? https://tulane.shoptruespirit.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/47_MVP_Hat/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10003&storeId=88221&langId=-1&topCatId=70017&parentCatId=70097&categoryId=70246&productId=400000335034&level=&imageId=1311513&graphicId=CVIN-MVP91WBV-DG

I just don't think that is a hat a college baseball team wears. Maybe in high school.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:14 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 21322
Location: Cincinnati, OH
No, not that either.
No offense but this isn't even worth our time to discuss. I'm not going on a Google search for something that we both know what it should look like... Like I said, take that large embroidered AW and put it on a "real" hat.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:37 pm 
Offline
Cornerstone
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:30 pm
Posts: 31542
Location: 30°37'40.6"N 81°27'02.4"W
Flat billed baseball hats simply look stupid.
https://www.artofmanliness.com/articles/how-to-break-in-a-fitted-baseball-hat/

And even worse when the sales tags are left on it! (anybody remember Minnie Pearl?)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:01 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:15 pm
Posts: 7444
Location: Charlotte
do we just not have the budget to buy new, correctly logoed baseball uniforms?

_________________
Image
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:18 pm 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:26 pm
Posts: 2758
PeteRasche wrote:
No, not that either.
No offense but this isn't even worth our time to discuss. I'm not going on a Google search for something that we both know what it should look like... Like I said, take that large embroidered AW and put it on a "real" hat.


Why tf would I be offended by that?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:34 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 21322
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Roller wrote:
Flat billed baseball hats simply look stupid.
https://www.artofmanliness.com/articles/how-to-break-in-a-fitted-baseball-hat/

And even worse when the sales tags are left on it! (anybody remember Minnie Pearl?)

Image


(I tease but actually I agree with you. But old folks can't tell young people what looks good.)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:47 am 
Offline
Navigator Level

Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:48 am
Posts: 1045
Location: Lost
Time to switch it up. I do not like the Pelicans on the bat because it is the Cardinal uniforms and dangit, I dont like the cards. But our Pelicans are just standing on the bat in a tiff with their hands on their bird hips. I dont think those unis are horrible, but I have never been a fan of them. Time to change. We all know that Jones wanted to be LaRussa even with the same looking sunglasses. (I am really just poking the bears on this one).

But I do believe it is time for a change. We have the AW in centerfield and we still have the pelicans on the bat and Twave scattered on the uniform? Either leave the AW off or make a new uni combo for it and keep the pelicans loitering on the bat as an option (maybe even our #1 option). :lol:

Now we need to remember this is college baseball. It is not like CFB where there is weekly analysis on sports networks debating best uniforms.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:14 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 21106
Location: Chicago
TXWave88 wrote:
Time to switch it up. I do not like the Pelicans on the bat because it is the Cardinal uniforms and dangit, I dont like the cards. But our Pelicans are just standing on the bat in a tiff with their hands on their bird hips. I dont think those unis are horrible, but I have never been a fan of them. Time to change. We all know that Jones wanted to be LaRussa even with the same looking sunglasses. (I am really just poking the bears on this one).

But I do believe it is time for a change. We have the AW in centerfield and we still have the pelicans on the bat and Twave scattered on the uniform? Either leave the AW off or make a new uni combo for it and keep the pelicans loitering on the bat as an option (maybe even our #1 option). :lol:

Now we need to remember this is college baseball. It is not like CFB where there is weekly analysis on sports networks debating best uniforms.


What he said

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:19 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:53 am
Posts: 20508
Location: New Orleans
never liked the Cards either so these pseudo-Cardinals Tulane uniforms were never my favorite. Is the pelican even a viable mascot/logo anymore?

_________________
After a while, the residents of the sea do not hear the sound of the waves.
How bitter it is, the story of routine- Arabic (Anon)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:52 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:57 pm
Posts: 10000
Location: Metairie
1. Love the Cardinals — best organization and fans in baseball.

2. Though probably inspired by LaRussa-loving Jones’ desire to look St. Louish, Pelicans on bats have historical ties to the New Orleans Pelicans.

3. Per Windy’s argument these Pelicans haven’t look that great precariously perched upon those bats.

4. Since we seem to be going all-in on Angry Wave, it’s time to shelve the slugger birds.

5. A good sized Angry Wave in lower left front of jersies would look cool.

_________________
[i]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:01 pm 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:18 pm
Posts: 4513
I vote for whatever uniform we throw strikes in.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group