Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:10 pm 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:26 pm
Posts: 2692
Yankeewave wrote:
visualmagic wrote:
waverider wrote:
Now after a couple more weekends I think it’s safe to say we still need pitchers and a pitching coach. Neither area appears to have improved since last year. I think about .500 is the best we can hope for. How we only have one starting pitcher (Roper) baffles me.


Recruiting.
Supposed to be TJ’s calling card, he’s not done a good job bringing in talent on the mound.


Pierce didn't either. what is interesting is that it seemed like even in RJ's bad years, we still had decent pitching.

TJ better fix this. I believe this is year 3.


we’re not blaming Pierce for our lack of pitching in 2019. TJ is in his 3rd year, that’s plenty of time to get some pitching.

2010 was the only time that the pitching was as bad as this under RJ


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:29 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle

Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:57 pm
Posts: 10864
Location: Chicago
I am not blaming Pierce for the current state of pitching. i stated that it his third year.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:01 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:57 pm
Posts: 9969
Location: Metairie
And as of March 11, the Wave is one win better than vm’s prediction..

Not bad, so far, v.


Took one from Miss and beat Nicholls
+2

Swept by UCBS
-1

_________________
[i]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:22 am 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:26 pm
Posts: 2692
BC Wave wrote:
And as of March 11, the Wave is one win better than vm’s prediction..

Not bad, so far, v.


Took one from Miss and beat Nicholls
+2

Swept by UCBS
-1


Thanks. Not bad at all.
We’ll probably end up with a few more wins than I expected but unfortunately I still don’t see this as a Regional team. All the talk in the preseason about how improved the pitching would be is looking to be way off.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:23 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:19 pm
Posts: 10231
waverider wrote:
Now after a couple more weekends I think it’s safe to say we still need pitchers and a pitching coach. Neither area appears to have improved since last year. I think about .500 is the best we can hope for. How we only have one starting pitcher (Roper) baffles me.

There's really only so much a pitching coach can do. Eventually, it's up to the players.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:54 pm 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:07 am
Posts: 3205
Bulldog mentality


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:30 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:57 pm
Posts: 9969
Location: Metairie
visualmagic wrote:
BC Wave wrote:
And as of March 11, the Wave is one win better than vm’s prediction..

Not bad, so far, v.


Took one from Miss and beat Nicholls
+2

Swept by UCBS
-1


Thanks. Not bad at all.
We’ll probably end up with a few more wins than I expected but unfortunately I still don’t see this as a Regional team. All the talk in the preseason about how improved the pitching would be is looking to be way off.


I hope you’re wrong but we’ll have to see.

Certainly, Sunday was a setback to 2018, pitching-wise. But I hope it was a glitch in what has other-wise been a significant though not sensational improvement over last season.

_________________
[i]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:08 pm 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:26 pm
Posts: 2692
Going into Sunday the team ERA was 4.95, down from 5.42 last season.
After Sunday’s debacle, the staff ERA is worse than last year


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:59 pm 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:42 am
Posts: 1753
Location: Upriver in St. Paul and Minneapolis, Minnesota
visualmagic wrote:
Going into Sunday the team ERA was 4.95, down from 5.42 last season.
After Sunday’s debacle, the staff ERA is worse than last year

So what is your prediction for the year: over or under last year?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:00 pm 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:26 pm
Posts: 2692
MNAlum wrote:
visualmagic wrote:
Going into Sunday the team ERA was 4.95, down from 5.42 last season.
After Sunday’s debacle, the staff ERA is worse than last year

So what is your prediction for the year: over or under last year?


The staff ERA at the end of the year? I’ll say it’ll be improved over last year


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:24 am 
Offline
Navigator Level

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:43 pm
Posts: 677
BTW, UCSB is ranked 25th today where I was expecting to us after taking the weekend series. Based on this weekend, many future opponents will be very patient at the plate. We better figure it out.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:51 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:57 pm
Posts: 9969
Location: Metairie
Tulane still +1 vs visual

But vm went 4-0 this week

Very good

_________________
[i]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:53 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:57 pm
Posts: 9969
Location: Metairie
For the Record:

Wavery. 44-12
tjtlja. 38-18
Tulane49 37-19
ForeverTU. 37-19
sr 36-20
randymc. 35-21
TU23. 34-22
BC Wave. 32-24
wavefan985. 32-24
visualmagic. 28-28

As of March 18
12-6

Errr 13-7

_________________
[i]


Last edited by BC Wave on Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:37 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:32 am
Posts: 7183
Location: Wisconsin
We're now 13 -7 .650 winning pct.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:50 am 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:07 am
Posts: 3205
This will be interesting to follow. The next 8 games are crucial. I hope the team gets a lot of fan support this week. Attendance, other than Ole Miss series, looks down.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:44 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:49 am
Posts: 6222
Location: Gretna, LA
tjtlja wrote:
This will be interesting to follow. The next 8 games are crucial. I hope the team gets a lot of fan support this week. Attendance, other than Ole Miss series, looks down.

Holiday weekends; the crowds at the St. Patricks' day parades were much larger than usual. Now that there's a bit of a lull in other events happening, I suspect it'll start to tick back up.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:30 pm 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:26 pm
Posts: 2692
tjtlja wrote:
This will be interesting to follow. The next 8 games are crucial. I hope the team gets a lot of fan support this week. Attendance, other than Ole Miss series, looks down.


They might be crucial if we lose, but our next 2 weekends are against teams with RPI’s in the 230-240’s. It’s not like we’re going to get a bunch of credit for beating those teams


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:41 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle

Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:57 pm
Posts: 10864
Location: Chicago
Back end of schedule has tons of high rpi games. So if we won them we can make up a ton of ground.

Just that whole starting pitching thing....

Ucsb in at #8 by the way


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:18 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:57 pm
Posts: 9969
Location: Metairie
Thanks for the correction, Ray.

Just wasn’t ciphering correctly!

_________________
[i]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:47 pm 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:26 pm
Posts: 2692
Yankeewave wrote:
Back end of schedule has tons of high rpi games. So if we won them we can make up a ton of ground.

Just that whole starting pitching thing....

Ucsb in at #8 by the way


What we’ve done so far is just hold serve. We haven’t dug ourselves a hole but despite a good record we don’t have much margin for error. Going to need to finish top 3 or 4 in the AAC.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group