Wave now 1-0 for the Season.

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Re: Wave now 1-0 for the Season.

Unread post by TUPF »

Baywave1 wrote:
TUPF wrote:
Roller wrote:
TUPF wrote:
sr wrote:Great view of the win ...

https://twitter.com/SterlingMyhre/statu ... 33536?s=20

also, anyone concerned over the non strike calls in the later innings of the game?
Thanks for that! The wife and I were at a neighbor’s for dinner and I kept checking Live Stats when I “went to the men’s room.” I know it’s only one game of 58+ but it sets a tone.
were they giving you prostate advice and referrals to urologists? :green wink:
Its a rare evening when 60-somethings get together and the prostate does NOT find its way into conversation. :lol:
How about the food and staying off the lawn?
Food was great, the drinks were flowing, and it’s still winter here so no lawns to speak of.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Baywave1 »

What about politics and religion if folks get bored focusing on their prostates? :green wink:
sr
Regent's Circle

Unread post by sr »

… or wine and The Eagles getting back together with Glenn Frey's son.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

Baywave1 wrote:What about politics and religion if folks get bored focusing on their prostates? :green wink:
We gave up on politics but religion is always good sport. One of our group is the atheist son of a Pennsyltucky minister and another is a retired Catholic high school principal, who incidentally attended Woodstock at 16. No religious ridiculousness is safe. :lol:
BACONWAVE
Navigator Level

Unread post by BACONWAVE »

tjtlja wrote:One of the biggest takeaways from the game last night was the use of the bullpen. In the two previous years, especially year one, we would have stuck with one guy. Last night we went through four guys to get a victory. If a guy comes in and can’t throw strikes, go find one who can on that given night. We did that last night and came away with the victory. Now that is in game coaching. We lose that game last night the past two years. Like I said earlier this week, I hope Daniel has the opportunity to call these shots every single night. It is so important to have a coach with a feel for who should be pitching in any situation. I thought that was one of Coach Pierce’s biggest strengts. He always knew when to make changes on the bump.

Once again....Pierce had PITCHING DEPTH when he came in & left absolutely NONE when he left. Jewett went out & got pitching b/c you cannot win in today's game with just mashers. Who exactly could Jewett turn to in the last two years in the bullpen? Go ahead & amuse me.....
You're killin' me Smalls!!!
visualmagic
President's Circle

Unread post by visualmagic »

It’s year 3 and Jewett still doesn’t have any pitching depth. He hasn’t done a good enough job recruiting
windywave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by windywave »

visualmagic wrote:It’s year 3 and Jewett still doesn’t have any pitching depth. He hasn’t done a good enough job recruiting
Yes feel the dark side flowing through you
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
visualmagic
President's Circle

windywave wrote:
visualmagic wrote:It’s year 3 and Jewett still doesn’t have any pitching depth. He hasn’t done a good enough job recruiting
Do you think the team is going to be good?
BACONWAVE
Navigator Level

Unread post by BACONWAVE »

Huh....Didn't realize you changed your name? Have you followed his pitching recruiting?....because you are dead wrong....please enlighten me & answer the question since you chimed in......P.S. you do realize that when a certain number of scholarships are tied into non-pitchers that it takes time for those to free up right?
You're killin' me Smalls!!!
visualmagic
President's Circle

BACONWAVE wrote:

Huh....Didn't realize you changed your name? Have you followed his pitching recruiting?....because you are dead wrong....please enlighten me & answer the question since you chimed in......P.S. you do realize that when a certain number of scholarships are tied into non-pitchers that it takes time for those to free up right?
Changed my name? WTF are you talking about?

Have I followed the pitching recruiting? Yes, I’d say so. Even if I hadn’t, I can see the guys on the roster. Outside of Roper, the guys that he has brought in are not that highly rated and/or haven’t performed that well. Your #2 and 3 starters in Gillies and Solesky are Pierce recruits. What does that say for the guys Jewett has brought in?

We’ve talked enough about the 2017 team, no need to look in the past, let’s talk about this team.
Do you think this is going to be a good(top 40) team?
windywave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by windywave »

visualmagic wrote:
windywave wrote:
Better than you think we'll be obviously
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
visualmagic
President's Circle

windywave wrote:
visualmagic wrote:
windywave wrote:
Better than you think we'll be obviously
Why? I predicted a sweep.

Obviously we’re dealing with an extremely SSS but 2 toss up games at home against George Washington, where they kind of gifted us the games isn’t what I was hoping for this weekend.
Obviously all that matters is a mark in the Win column but if you play enough toss up games things are going to even out. You won’t win them all.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

As we used to say in ships that sink, ‘Tis better to be lucky than good.

I find life better as an optimist who is occasionally disappointed rather than a pessimist who is occasionally surprised.
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Unread post by AO Sig »

TUPF wrote:As we used to say in ships that sink, ‘Tis better to be lucky than good.

I find life better as an optimist who is occasionally disappointed rather than a pessimist who is occasionally surprised.
The last line sounds like the eternal statement of the Tulane fan, except I can think the first "occasionally" might be replaced by another word starting with O...
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Baywave1 »

It's not that one can reasonably predict that Tulane may end up the season as a .500 team based on the last two years. Why congratulate oneself about that in February? Why make that argument at all? It's what I hate about the prediction threads. We all can dissect losing after it happens but if you visualize it in advance, guess what is more likely to happen?

It doesn't mean either being delusional when you are a legit underdog. Tulane's pitching talent may very well be limited. Instead work the problem and focus on what Tulane must do to punch above its weight. If part of that is better preparation in Fall Ball to get the edge of luck then more the better.

The players won but coaching has mattered in this SSS. That's what I'm encouraged about after the last two years. May it continue.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

We're on pace for 56-0!
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

gerryb323 wrote:We're on pace for 56-0!
Can’t be undefeated without winning the first two! :mrgreen:

Or three!
Last edited by TUPF on Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Unread post by OGSB »

TUPF wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:We're on pace for 56-0!
Can’t be undefeated without winning the first two! :mrgreen:
Now comes the first real test, winning the third game of a 3 game series.
Victory is never permanent
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tulaneoutlaw »

A convincing win in game 3 would be a nice way to build some confidence. We should be happy to win, but there's no mistaking visual is right when it comes to close games evening out.

I don't think going extras last night was particularly beneficial since this is the busiest week of the season in terms of number of games. If pitching depth is a problem, that will show itself next weekend against what will likely be our best non-conference opponent of the season.
visualmagic
President's Circle

Baywave1 wrote:It's not that one can reasonably predict that Tulane may end up the season as a .500 team based on the last two years. Why congratulate oneself about that in February? Why make that argument at all? It's what I hate about the prediction threads. We all can dissect losing after it happens but if you visualize it in advance, guess what is more likely to happen?

It doesn't mean either being delusional when you are a legit underdog. Tulane's pitching talent may very well be limited. Instead work the problem and focus on what Tulane must do to punch above its weight. If part of that is better preparation in Fall Ball to get the edge of luck then more the better.

The players won but coaching has mattered in this SSS. That's what I'm encouraged about after the last two years. May it continue.
I don’t think I’m congratulating myself.

Why make the argument? I don’t know, it’s just my opinion. We don’t all have to have the same opinion on here. If I don’t think that we’re going to have a good season I don’t know how it hurts anyone to express that.
I’ve lived the blind optimism life before, I’m over it now. Only going to be realistic going forward.

You don’t really believe that thing about visualizing it in advance do you? My predictions and visualizations have zero impact on the outcome.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

visualmagic wrote:I’ve lived the blind optimism life before, I’m over it now. Only going to be realistic going forward.

You don’t really believe that thing about visualizing it in advance do you? My predictions and visualizations have zero impact on the outcome.
I hope you are just talking about Tulane sports. 8)
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

We're up 11-4 at the stretch. Didn't see a game thread.
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
visualmagic
President's Circle

This series played out in similar fashion to the opening series sweep from last year
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Unread post by OGSB »

Wave wins, 16-6
Victory is never permanent
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

SWEEP!! Way to begin the season. One at a time starting with Lamar on Tuesday.