Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:58 pm 
Emerald Circle

Wavemania wrote:
Wonder if Lisa is using those 2 scholarships for the white priviledged liberal kids that want to get into Tulane but don't have the grades. :mrgreen: :lol:

Doubtful...that's one of the problems; make sure you recruit players who have a zero percent chance of not passing and 0% chance that they will cause any problems at all. Why take the least bit of risk when last place is acceptable and the NIT is revered.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:13 pm 
Emerald Circle

In mid January, the team was around RPI 50. The team went 2-3 v. Quad 1 (easily the 2nd to best in the AAC). Yet, they closed 2-14 and finished last in the league. Why did the team tank so badly?
Stockton made the NCAAs her first 9 seasons, and made it 2 times in the last 16 seasons.
Mercifully, there she has only 2 years left on her contract. I guess TD is going to push this back a year; so be it, but it needs to be addressed.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:21 pm 
President's Circle

GSx wrote:
In mid January, the team was around RPI 50. The team went 2-3 v. Quad 1 (easily the 2nd to best in the AAC). Yet, they closed 2-14 and finished last in the league. Why did the team tank so badly?
Stockton made the NCAAs her first 9 seasons, and made it 2 times in the last 16 seasons.
Mercifully, there she has only 2 years left on her contract. I guess TD is going to push this back a year; so be it, but it needs to be addressed.

Yep the collapse is puzzling because as far as metrics were concerned this season was looking like a step in the right direction early on. I hate to say it but I think TD will let Lisa ride off into the sunset 2 years from now, and not a moment sooner.