Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:36 pm 
Regent's Circle

Good news on strength & conditioning ...

https://twitter.com/TulaneAthletics/status/1105874186558455808?s=20

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:47 pm 
Coach Level

Anyone know the area size? Furthermore, what athletic teams will have access to the new weight room?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:58 pm 
President's Circle

Billow wrote:
Anyone know the area size? Furthermore, what athletic teams will have access to the new weight room?

I would bet all. As much as we think size matters. From my experience whole teams like football don't generally work out at the same time. The training staff wants to be as attentive as possible and that works better in smaller groups. So the need for a facility that can work with the whole team at once isnt nessesary.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:45 pm 
Emerald Circle

Billow wrote:

Looked big 8n the artist’s rendering :-D Also showed male and female athletes working out, but again, they were computer generated.

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:07 am 
Breaker Level

The size of the weight room will increase only slightly (although it will look bigger), the real benefit is the higher ceilings, new floors and equipment. As well as an altitude training cell has been added.

Back when I played the football team lifted in groups, usually a morning group and an afternoon group. Although nowadays the Wilson weight room doesn't have to be shared with Men's or Women's Basketball or volleyball so that helps. The volleyball team did work out at the same time as we did for a short time, we really did not have any issues as all the athletes hang out together anyways (and date each other) but they did not appreciate the masculine flatulance that is a result of a high-protein diet (which we sort of reveled in). LOL! :mrgreen:

"Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay it's price." - Sun Tzu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:34 am 
President's Circle

charlamange8 wrote:
The size of the weight room will increase only slightly (although it will look bigger), the real benefit is the higher ceilings, new floors and equipment. As well as an altitude training cell has been added.

Back when I played the football team lifted in groups, usually a morning group and an afternoon group. Although nowadays the Wilson weight room doesn't have to be shared with Men's or Women's Basketball or volleyball so that helps. The volleyball team did work out at the same time as we did for a short time, we really did not have any issues as all the athletes hang out together anyways (and date each other) but they did not appreciate the masculine flatulance that is a result of a high-protein diet (which we sort of reveled in). LOL! :mrgreen:

Tulane doesn't have a softball team to balance the flatulence out. True story. When I was playing the O-line had to work out as a group at 5:30 during the spring. I think it was split into four groups. During the fall and summer we had more normal hours and baseball /softball may be in there. Hence the first hand knowledge of the opening statement.