Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:13 pm 
Emerald Circle

Baywave1 wrote:
Folks as I said originally, we needed a BB/VB practice facility. In funding it, management decided to gold plate it. Was a top-ended Hertz worth it versus something simpler and then spending some of those funds eight years ago on an enhanced football weight room for example? Want to ask Karl Speer?

I simply note it with irony after Tulane just completed its worst basketball season in 55 years. I was a season ticket holder in 1964 too in basketball and football as well as now.

I won't review WBB or VB results either since 2011 opening of Hertz. Let's just say gold plating the practice facility to date has not produced better results on the court. Regardless since I pull for Tulane, I hope that changes in the future.

Will locker room sleeping pods pay off for LSU football? I guess we'll see there too.

Karl Speer sounds like someone who would have a whole lot of problems with how colleges spend money on athletics.

Personally, I think if we're going to do something we should do it right (Hertz, as opposed to Yulman or Turchin).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:08 pm 
Navigator Level

Wish they would have gold plated Turchin with a covered grandstand. It was the one thing fans wanted since the original Turchin. Big screw up there.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:03 pm 
President's Circle

Baywave1 wrote:
Folks as I said originally, we needed a BB/VB practice facility. In funding it, management decided to gold plate it. Was a top-ended Hertz worth it versus something simpler and then spending some of those funds eight years ago on an enhanced football weight room for example? Want to ask Karl Speer?

I simply note it with irony after Tulane just completed its worst basketball season in 55 years. I was a season ticket holder in 1964 too in basketball and football as well as now.

I won't review WBB or VB results either since 2011 opening of Hertz. Let's just say gold plating the practice facility to date has not produced better results on the court. Regardless since I pull for Tulane, I hope that changes in the future.

Will locker room sleeping pods pay off for LSU football? I guess we'll see there too.

IMO the facilities are there to attract good coaches as well as recruits. I bet it helped seal the deal with coach Hunter.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:19 pm 
Emerald Circle

wavedom wrote:
Wish they would have gold plated Turchin with a covered grandstand. It was the one thing fans wanted since the original Turchin. Big screw up there.

They didn't have the money for real bricks, how were they gonna pay for a roof?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:16 am 
Navigator Level

It's ridiculous not to have a covered grandstand here. It was on them to figure it out. They failed. Miserably.