New Voice of the Green Wave

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

New Voice of the Green Wave

Unread post by krewe of ham and eggs »

Andrew Allegretta
AnY iMaGeS yOu PoRtRaY wIlL bE rEpReSeNtAtIvE oF tHe TeAm YoU sUpPoRt
MattK
President's Circle

Re: New Voice of the Green Wave

Unread post by MattK »

krewe of ham and eggs wrote:Andrew Allegretta
Thats awfully alliterative
FW
Cornerstone

Unread post by FW »

He was at Virginia Tech
TU77CAL82
Coach Level

Unread post by TU77CAL82 »

Andrew Allegretta Named Voice of the Tulane Green Wave
https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2019/8 ... -wave.aspx
As director of broadcasting, Allegretta immediately will assume all play-by-play duties for Green Wave football, men's basketball and baseball. He also will host the football, men's basketball and baseball coaches' shows, in addition to producing a wide variety of content for Tulane Athletics.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Unread post by GreenieBacker »

A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
long green
Cornerstone

Unread post by long green »

He looks like a marathoner. He has a good, rather slick voice, and the Twitter video introducing him was very imaginative. It took old clips of his and matched them to somewhat similar Tulane highlights. Considering how late in the day Graff’s move to the Pelicans was announced I was expecting an ad hoc job of replacement on the way to finding a permanent VOTW but this guy is plainly that (as long as he’s here). Welcome aboard, Andrew!
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tulaneoutlaw »

Welcome Mr. Allegretta!
sr
Regent's Circle

Unread post by sr »

Another Syracuse alum sportscaster guy. Guess that's a good thing.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Baywave1 »

Yes, this strong hire was made in a short window. It's a reminder that even amidst the ongoing rigorous self-examinations here which often identify shortcomings and the needed improvements, we Tulane fans give all matters green on this site, jobs with Tulane athletics are plums and talented folks will seek them out.

Welcome, Mr. A.
Radio Wave
President's Circle

Unread post by Radio Wave »

sr wrote:Another Syracuse alum sportscaster guy. Guess that's a good thing.
That’s what Syracuse does. They are big in Broadcasting.
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Unread post by wavedom »

Glad to have him. His background is impressive. Young and energetic. He's getting to come on at a promising time. Good luck to him.
We deserve so much better
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Unread post by GretnaGrn »

Seems like a very solid hire in a short window to do so.
StPeteWave
Navigator Level

Unread post by StPeteWave »

Like his style and I have to admit to being somewhat relieved. Roll Wave.
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Poseidon »

I think he looks like he has the skill. Now we need him to be hooked up to some Green Blood infusion machines. welcome aboard.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

Looks like this pick is Checkerboards!
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

I was concerned that listening to Tulane games would no longer be as enjoyable, and while there will never be another Graf, this guy sounds like a professional that will bring a certain level of excitement to the broadcasts.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Fan Since '54 »

I'm thinking that this hire is a solid one. He's being asked to wear a lot of hats according to his job description, but then again so was Graf. Welcome aboard and good luck Andrew. :-)

Fan since '54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Unread post by AO Sig »

Someone who can get a message to him should introduce him to us; I would love to have him at least stop by and say hi to the Lunatic Fringe!!!
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
DrHullabaloo
Navigator Level

Unread post by DrHullabaloo »

Yay. Another new, new person. I don’t know nothing about Mr. Andrew, and wish him well.

My first impression remains unchanged. I can’t wait to hear all about his learning curve and how much he’s learning about New Orleans and Tulane. “Nola Built” and exactly how many on staff are locals or Tulanians?

Had a phone call the other day with the latest new new person who made the mistake of trying to small talk to me about the military appreciation game and how he was trying to figure out how to outreach to military in New Orleans.

Nevermind that the VFW commander is a decades long Tulane multi-sport season ticket holder.

#facepalm

I’m still trying to erase in my memory a very senior administrator in athletics giving a blank stare when introduced to Roch Hontas.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

DrHullabaloo wrote:Yay. Another new, new person. I don’t know nothing about Mr. Andrew, and wish him well.

My first impression remains unchanged. I can’t wait to hear all about his learning curve and how much he’s learning about New Orleans and Tulane. “Nola Built” and exactly how many on staff are locals or Tulanians?

Had a phone call the other day with the latest new new person who made the mistake of trying to small talk to me about the military appreciation game and how he was trying to figure out how to outreach to military in New Orleans.

Nevermind that the VFW commander is a decades long Tulane multi-sport season ticket holder.

#facepalm

I’m still trying to erase in my memory a very senior administrator in athletics giving a blank stare when introduced to Roch Hontas.
Was it small talk or were they hoping you would have an idea? I hope you helped them!
We obviously should only have lifelong Tulane people in every position. That would certainly help, as we have always been incredibly successful
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
DrHullabaloo
Navigator Level

Here’s the situation- I promise you that not a single person in the Admissions office understands or cares who Latham or Micah are and what that would mean to building loyalty and traditions to the black hole void that currently exists.

One of our biggest obstacles is the transient nature of our student body and of our alumni (and now staff) and it shows directly in the amount of giving that happens at all levels. Why is someone going to get close and form a bond with a group of people that don’t have roots? Especially when you have the blind leading the blind on these intangibles which are so important in building a brand and a program. Nola Built but nobody’s from here and by the way lives on the Northshore.

I promise you at other institutions you say the name of a legendary athlete etc and the reactions would be a complete 180 by staff and students.

We had a gem with Graff that’s going to be hard to replace with an outsider.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Baywave1 »

Fritz I think sets the best example here. We should always welcome any experienced hire to Tulane and gladly assist that person to achieve full running speed in all matters Tulane. Meanwhile it's great when that person like Fritz did happily embraces Tulane and its history and culture and outworks everyone in the room.

I'm pulling for this new guy to be another Kelley or with luck better even if Tulane's just a stop as he tries to climb the greasy career ladder to success.
Coach Level

Unread post by 1401973 »

....as long as the guy doesn't mistake Bradwell for Brantley, I will be fine with him..... :green wink: :green wink:
DrHullabaloo
Navigator Level

It has been my impression, across both Dickson and recently, that new new people are not given proper indepth orientations on Tulane.
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Unread post by NJwave »

We have been very spoiled and lucky for years now.

Go listen to some of the other guys in our conference or former conference. A lot of them are awful. They don't spend two seconds learning anything about us and it shows. I remember several years ago listening to the Houston announcer repeatedly refer to our great guard Ricky Talent and then make jokes about his name certainly being fitting. I remember a Southern Miss. baseball announcer thinking he was off air for a commercial break when our bench was complaining about a bad call. He said something to his cohort like "It was a terrible call, but given what arrogant SOB's those Tulane players are they deserve it."

I like this hire and as long as he does his research and takes the job seriously I will be happy. He will eventually bleed Green.