Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:33 am 
Regent's Circle

Okay two teams that have a few things in common: 6 letters. First letter a "T" and last letter an "e". Neither has been referred to as a " football powerhouse" on a regular basis. And now residing in the same collegiate athletic conference.

One thing else about the Owls. Do they say "Hoo" or "Who"? :roll:

Please post your images and/or comments in support of the Wave for week 10.

Fan since '54

Last edited by Fan Since '54 on Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:22 am 
Regent's Circle

some of them screech

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:34 pm 
Regent's Circle

Wave has 3 games remaining...Temple, UCF & SMU. Okay, those last 2 are probably the best two teams on Tulane's schedule (after Auburn). But the Wave certainly can not overlook Temple, for the simple reason that Temple beat SMU...a pretty nice win for the Owls. The Wave has to be ready to pounce on them from minute 1 through minute 60. Start fast and never look back Wave!!!

Fan since '54

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:05 pm 
President's Circle

Fan Since '54 wrote:
Wave has 3 games remaining...Temple, UCF & SMU. Okay, those last 2 are probably the best two teams on Tulane's schedule (after Auburn). But the Wave certainly can not overlook Temple, for the simple reason that Temple beat SMU...a pretty nice win for the Owls. The Wave has to be ready to pounce on them from minute 1 through minute 60. Start fast and never look back Wave!!!

Fan since '54

Memphis is better than SMU per head to head result and probably better than UCF. Forgot them

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:40 pm 
Coach Level

tulaneoutlaw wrote:
Fan Since '54 wrote:

Fan since '54

Memphis is better than SMU per head to head result and probably better than UCF. Forgot them

Also, SMU beat Temple 45-21. You probably meant Memphis. Temple beat Memphis 30-28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:55 am 
Regent's Circle

MNAlum wrote:
tulaneoutlaw wrote:
Fan Since '54 wrote:

Fan since '54

Also, SMU beat Temple 45-21. You probably meant Memphis. Temple beat Memphis 30-28

Yep, my mistake. Anyway, same thought process. :roll:

Fan since '54

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:58 am 
Regent's Circle

Johnny Mac wrote:
some of them screech

And some are burrow owls. Everyone knows they live in holes in the ground; WHY DO YOU THINK THEY CALL THEM BURROW OWLS?!?!?

/Dead Milkmen
//obscure?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:53 am 
Regent's Circle

GretnaGrn wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
some of them screech

And some are burrow owls. Everyone knows they live in holes in the ground; WHY DO YOU THINK THEY CALL THEM BURROW OWLS?!?!?

/Dead Milkmen
//obscure?

But could they carry a coconut?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:06 pm 
President's Circle

GretnaGrn wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
some of them screech

/Dead Milkmen
//obscure?

because they're really big fans of LSU's QB?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:06 pm 
President's Circle

I'd post the clip of Lloyd Christmas killing the owl with a champagne cork but I can't get it to work

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:53 pm 
Emerald Circle

We’ve gotta work to undo/counteract this thread so we can make Tulane great again

This is the best I’ve got:

https://youtu.be/DzX_K9pX3X0

“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:16 am 
Regent's Circle

WaveProf wrote:
We’ve gotta work to undo/counteract this thread so we can make Tulane great again.

This is the best I’ve got:

https://youtu.be/DzX_K9pX3X0

You simply do not comprehend the "Vibrations" threads do you? They can in no way, shape, or form create any effect (negative or positive) on a Tulane athletic event. They are simply an avenue for all fans to support the Wave vs the opponent of the week. That said, in any case, thank you for your contribution of support for the Wave vs Temple this week. Roll Wave, beat the Owls.

Fan since '54

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:40 pm 
Emerald Circle

FS54 strikes again!

(I’m declaring this now hoping it qualifies as the end of the bad juju hoping we can turn it around)

“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:26 pm 
Regent's Circle

WaveProf wrote:
FS54 strikes again!

(I’m declaring this now hoping it qualifies as the end of the bad juju hoping we can turn it around)

You don't get it do you Prof? Although one with your chosen name here you sould be the first to understand that. There is NO corrolation between these threads and whether Tulane wins or loses a football game. PERIOD, FULL STOP! I don't have that kind of power...duh. I support my team by posting these threads so other Wave fans can do the same. If you disaprove of that then just don't post in the threads. Did you ever consider that your disapproval of the "vibrations" threads are "striking again". No, I don't guess so huh. Especially because that wouldn't be possible either. :roll:

Some things you seem to be forgetting. I am not a quitter. I am a loyal Tulane fan since before you were born. Is there anything wrong with those two things? Uh, no.

I'd like you to answer a couple of more questions for me. Do you expect that Tulane will suddenly win EVERY game if the threads were stopped? Do you realize that Tulane's record to date in '19 is 6-4, obviously a 600% winning percentage. I guess that's a "no" for both of those ?s.

Fan since '54

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:03 pm 
President's Circle

Fan Since '54 wrote:
WaveProf wrote:
FS54 strikes again!

You don't get it do you Prof? Although one with your chosen name here you sould be the first to understand that. There is NO corrolation between these threads and whether Tulane wins or loses a football game. PERIOD, FULL STOP! I don't have that kind of power...duh. I support my team by posting these threads so other Wave fans can do the same. If you disaprove of that then just don't post in the threads. Did you ever consider that your disapproval of the "vibrations" threads are "striking again". No, I don't guess so huh. Especially because that wouldn't be possible either. :roll:

Some things you seem to be forgetting. I am not a quitter. I am a loyal Tulane fan since before you were born. Is there anything wrong with those two things? Uh, no.

I'd like you to answer a couple of more questions for me. Do you expect that Tulane will suddenly win EVERY game if the threads were stopped? Do you realize that Tulane's record to date in '19 is 6-4, obviously a 600% winning percentage. I guess that's a "no" for both of those ?s.

Fan since '54

Stop the threads and find out...easy solution

Wait, how can we have a 600% winning percentage?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:27 pm 
Cornerstone

gerryb323 wrote:
GretnaGrn wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
some of them screech

/Dead Milkmen
//obscure?

But could they carry a coconut?
Do you mean an African coconut, or a European coconut?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:55 pm 
Regent's Circle

krewe of ham and eggs wrote:
Fan Since '54 wrote:
WaveProf wrote:
FS54 strikes again!

Fan since '54

6 wins in 10 games. Just taken out to three digits.

BTW I did stop the "juju" threads (at that time Tulane was really bad, but it wasn't because of the threads, it was because we were coached by Toledo and CJ for 2 years that our records were horrendous...duh). Started back as "vibrations" thread a couple of years ago. It is my privledge to post here. I was the 3rd person EVER to register for this site. And anyone who really thinks that those threads are responsible for Tulane's, ah, less than stellar records, well I'm sorry, but that is just incomprehensable and well, dumb.

Fan since '54

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:58 pm 
President's Circle

Fan Since '54 wrote:
krewe of ham and eggs wrote:
Fan Since '54 wrote:
WaveProf wrote:
FS54 strikes again!

Fan since '54

6 wins in 10 games. Just taken out to three digits.

BTW I did stop the "juju" threads (at that time Tulane was really bad, but it wasn't because of the threads, it was because we were coached by Toledo and CJ for 2 years that our records were horrendous...duh). Started back as "vibrations" thread a couple of years ago. It is my privledge to post here. I was the 3rd person EVER to register for this site. And anyone who really thinks that those threads are responsible for Tulane's, ah, less than stellar records, well I'm sorry, but that is just incomprehensable and well, dumb.

Fan since '54

Um yeah...that's not how math works but ok Boomer