Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:49 pm 
Offline
Cornerstone
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:24 am
Posts: 31158
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Let’s be civil, but we need a thread. This is bigger than Duffey. The administration is actively working against the athletic department. Also, the law school admitted a convicted murderer.


https://www.insideedition.com/headlines/3115-convicted-murderer-attends-tulane-law-school


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:55 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:33 pm
Posts: 6378
Location: The Nerdy Dirty South
Guys, keep it civil here and compose emails to the President's office and admissions.

Threatening to withhold donations, urging recruits to sue the school, and other public acts of emotional toxicity don't help matters.

_________________
Sports Talk radio and most sports message boards are the killing fields of intellectual discourse.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:57 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 22069
Location: Chicago
Sophandros wrote:
Guys, keep it civil here and compose emails to the President's office and admissions.

Threatening to withhold donations, urging recruits to sue the school, and other public acts of emotional toxicity don't help matters.


Withholding donations is perfectly valid. Athletics is all $$$

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:01 pm 
Offline
Cornerstone
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:24 am
Posts: 31158
Location: Chattanooga, TN
I actually agree that you shouldn’t withhold $$$ from athletics. That’s dumb. This isn’t their fault. Hold it against the University. Gibson Hall, not the Wilson Center. The AD is getting screwed.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:02 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 22069
Location: Chicago
FW wrote:
I actually agree that you shouldn’t withhold $$$ from athletics. That’s dumb. This isn’t their fault. Hold it against the University. Gibson Hall, not the Wilson Center. The AD is getting screwed.


Then how do you effect change my friend?

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:02 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Posts: 22358
Location: North Kenner
Charlie Dunn mentioned “waiting for the facts” in the other thread and I was going to do that as well, however, based on the reports that this is admissions’ doing, I don’t see anything positive coming from this. If there was clearly a red flag, the school would have no qualms announcing the reason for their decision. Thanks for erasing 4 years worth of progress only to tell the program “were just not that into you”.

_________________
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:03 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Posts: 22358
Location: North Kenner
windywave wrote:
FW wrote:
I actually agree that you shouldn’t withhold $$$ from athletics. That’s dumb. This isn’t their fault. Hold it against the University. Gibson Hall, not the Wilson Center. The AD is getting screwed.


Then how do you effect change my friend?

By eliminating non-athletic donations to the school*.

*most of this money likely comes from non-athletic donors

_________________
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:04 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 22069
Location: Chicago
waverider wrote:
Charlie Dunn mentioned “waiting for the facts” in the other thread and I was going to do that as well, however, based on the reports that this is admissions’ doing, I don’t see anything positive coming from this. If there was clearly a red flag, the school would have no qualms announcing the reason for their decision. Thanks for erasing 4 years worth of progress only to tell the program “were just not that into you”.


Don't forget this screws the kid too

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:05 pm 
Offline
Cornerstone
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:24 am
Posts: 31158
Location: Chattanooga, TN
windywave wrote:
FW wrote:
I actually agree that you shouldn’t withhold $$$ from athletics. That’s dumb. This isn’t their fault. Hold it against the University. Gibson Hall, not the Wilson Center. The AD is getting screwed.


Then how do you effect change my friend?


By addressing the problem, which is not the athletic department. They are on our side. They need our help. Trust me. What don’t you understand?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:05 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 22069
Location: Chicago
waverider wrote:
windywave wrote:
FW wrote:
I actually agree that you shouldn’t withhold $$$ from athletics. That’s dumb. This isn’t their fault. Hold it against the University. Gibson Hall, not the Wilson Center. The AD is getting screwed.


Then how do you effect change my friend?

By eliminating non-athletic donations to the school*.

*most of this money likely comes from non-athletic donors



Donations go into one pot... they are just earmarked for athletics non-binding I might add

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:07 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 22069
Location: Chicago
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
FW wrote:
I actually agree that you shouldn’t withhold $$$ from athletics. That’s dumb. This isn’t their fault. Hold it against the University. Gibson Hall, not the Wilson Center. The AD is getting screwed.


Then how do you effect change my friend?


By addressing the problem, which is not the athletic department. They are on our side. They need our help. Trust me. What don’t you understand?


And how do I help. Send a letter with my check? Big incentive to change there

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:12 pm 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:42 am
Posts: 1852
Location: Upriver in St. Paul and Minneapolis, Minnesota
offer to help Troy D. That what I did.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:13 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 22069
Location: Chicago
MNAlum wrote:
offer to help Troy D. That what I did.


How?

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:17 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 22069
Location: Chicago
Fits could overrule this decision.

He chose not to

How does one motivate Fitts?

Why does Fitts care about alumni?

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:42 pm 
Offline
Cornerstone
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:24 am
Posts: 31158
Location: Chattanooga, TN
windywave wrote:
Fits could overrule this decision.

He chose not to

How does one motivate Fitts?

Why does Fitts care about alumni?


Yes, Fitts could have done something, but don’t act like Troy wasn’t trying.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:47 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 22069
Location: Chicago
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
Fits could overrule this decision.

He chose not to

How does one motivate Fitts?

Why does Fitts care about alumni?


Yes, Fitts could have done something, but don’t act like Troy wasn’t trying.


WTF are you talking about? TD just got frick

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:49 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:18 am
Posts: 18506
Location: Beautiful Dutchtown
windywave wrote:
Fits could overrule this decision.

He chose not to

Or maybe he made the decision....like if some insider complained to Fritz when he learned about Jett.

We really don't know what happened.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:56 pm 
Offline
Cornerstone
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:24 am
Posts: 31158
Location: Chattanooga, TN
windywave wrote:
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
Fits could overrule this decision.

He chose not to

How does one motivate Fitts?

Why does Fitts care about alumni?


Yes, Fitts could have done something, but don’t act like Troy wasn’t trying.


WTF are you talking about? TD just got frick


This makes no sense. Try again. Troy was trying to get him in. What are you going on about?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:02 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 22069
Location: Chicago
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
Fits could overrule this decision.

He chose not to

How does one motivate Fitts?

Why does Fitts care about alumni?


Yes, Fitts could have done something, but don’t act like Troy wasn’t trying.


WTF are you talking about? TD just got frick


This makes no sense. Try again. Troy was trying to get him in. What are you going on about?


The President of the University Fitts

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:14 pm 
Offline
Cornerstone
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:24 am
Posts: 31158
Location: Chattanooga, TN
windywave wrote:
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
Fits could overrule this decision.

He chose not to

How does one motivate Fitts?

Why does Fitts care about alumni?


Yes, Fitts could have done something, but don’t act like Troy wasn’t trying.


WTF are you talking about? TD just got frick


This makes no sense. Try again. Troy was trying to get him in. What are you going on about?


The President of the University Fitts

What about him? Aren’t we saying the same thing? Fitts could have done something and didn’t?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:18 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 22069
Location: Chicago
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
Fits could overrule this decision.

He chose not to

How does one motivate Fitts?

Why does Fitts care about alumni?


Yes, Fitts could have done something, but don’t act like Troy wasn’t trying.


WTF are you talking about? TD just got frick


This makes no sense. Try again. Troy was trying to get him in. What are you going on about?


The President of the University Fitts

What about him? Aren’t we saying the same thing? Fitts could have done something and didn’t?


Yes. And since Fitts did nothing how do we motivate him if not by money

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:26 pm 
Offline
Navigator Level
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:39 am
Posts: 1148
Location: Atlanta, GA
we need to find out what happened. i just don't understand how a graduate of texas tech cant get into any tulane graduate school program. how about taking classes at the UC!!! seems like this could have been worked out easily.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:28 pm 
Offline
Cornerstone
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:24 am
Posts: 31158
Location: Chattanooga, TN
windywave wrote:
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
Fits could overrule this decision.

He chose not to

How does one motivate Fitts?

Why does Fitts care about alumni?


Yes, Fitts could have done something, but don’t act like Troy wasn’t trying.


WTF are you talking about? TD just got frick


This makes no sense. Try again. Troy was trying to get him in. What are you going on about?


The President of the University Fitts

What about him? Aren’t we saying the same thing? Fitts could have done something and didn’t?


Yes. And since Fitts did nothing how do we motivate him if not by money


No one is saying anything about not donating to the school.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:35 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 22069
Location: Chicago
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
Fits could overrule this decision.

He chose not to

How does one motivate Fitts?

Why does Fitts care about alumni?


Yes, Fitts could have done something, but don’t act like Troy wasn’t trying.


WTF are you talking about? TD just got frick


This makes no sense. Try again. Troy was trying to get him in. What are you going on about?


The President of the University Fitts

What about him? Aren’t we saying the same thing? Fitts could have done something and didn’t?


Yes. And since Fitts did nothing how do we motivate him if not by money


No one is saying anything about not donating to the school.


I said people should withhold money and the next post is saying people should not.

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:39 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle

Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:57 pm
Posts: 11671
Location: Chicago
Maybe figure this out before ESPN covers it. Amateur hour and im guessing its not the ADs office.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: randymc and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group