Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:42 pm 
Emerald Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
sprout1550 wrote:
windywave wrote:

So...does this mean the Northwestern party is back on?

That depends, do you mean the NW party?

Do you want your invitation to get lost in the mail?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:37 pm 
Regent's Circle

Admissions definitely knew or found something that we didn't. Our trust is fragile, but they were right. There is no way this is an academic issue.

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:28 pm 
Cornerstone

Thank God for the "social justice warriors" of Gibson Hall. This could have ended very, very badly, as in much worse than one bad football season.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:03 pm 
Emerald Circle

long green wrote:
Thank God for the "social justice warriors" of Gibson Hall.

Pink?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:12 pm 
Cornerstone

windywave wrote:
long green wrote:
Thank God for the "social justice warriors" of Gibson Hall.

Pink?

In this instance, no.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:43 pm 
Emerald Circle

we have not exactly been conditioned to think that the school makes decisions that are in the best interest of sports.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:05 pm 
Cornerstone

Yankeewave wrote:
we have not exactly been conditioned to think that the school makes decisions that are in the best interest of sports.

This is true, quite true, but whoever did the needed work did the program a service.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:09 pm 
Emerald Circle

i think everyone is now in agreement that the right decision was made.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:28 am 
Emerald Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
Man, wtf is wrong with Texas Tech academics?!

I'm still betting this has little if any to do with academics.

added on edit: just saw the thread on the recruiting page, which seems to confirm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:51 am 
Regent's Circle

Tech's academics are solid especially for its primary STEM focus. The Duffey issue is clearly non-academic and learning the details now amount to gossip. I've moved on. Too bad Duffey wasted Fritz and staff's time. However I do hope he finds a straight path.

If nothing else, this episode usefully reminds all of us about the good and bad of hot takes on the internet.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:10 am 
Emerald Circle

Baywave1 wrote:
If nothing else, this episode usefully reminds all of us about the good and bad of hot takes on the internet.
Yes, it reminds us that there are no "good" hot takes on the internet.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:26 am 
Regent's Circle

PeteRasche wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:
Yes, it reminds us that there are no "good" hot takes on the internet.

True but stopping them sure makes using the internet a less fun place.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:47 pm 
Breaker Level

Baywave1 wrote:
Tech's academics are solid especially for its primary STEM focus. The Duffey issue is clearly non-academic and learning the details now amount to gossip. I've moved on. Too bad Duffey wasted Fritz and staff's time. However I do hope he finds a straight path.

Tried to clarify this at the time but an academic denial does not mean it exclusively happens for academic reasons. Like CMU, Tulane gets access to the student’s file, and that likely involved the discovery of a second Title IX complaint with a second victim in 2019 in addition to a previous accusation that Lubbock declined to charge in criminal court.

EDIT: If not posted already, here is the CMU story detailing a second allegation from 2019 referenced above.

https://t.co/XblyAZuRSR?amp=1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:42 am 
Trainer

fearthewave wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:

Tried to clarify this at the time but an academic denial does not mean it exclusively happens for academic reasons. Like CMU, Tulane gets access to the student’s file, and that likely involved the discovery of a second Title IX complaint with a second victim in 2019 in addition to a previous accusation that Lubbock declined to charge in criminal court.

EDIT: If not posted already, here is the CMU story detailing a second allegation from 2019 referenced above.

It's funny how everyone is relatively quiet about this. The above article validates Tulane's decision to deny him admission. I was unhappy about the denial initially but clearly there was a lot more to this story and we should be happy a guy like this isn't at our school.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:45 am 
Regent's Circle

purplehaz3 wrote:
fearthewave wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:

It's funny how everyone is relatively quiet about this. The above article validates Tulane's decision to deny him admission. I was unhappy about the denial initially but clearly there was a lot more to this story and we should be happy a guy like this isn't at our school.

I guess I don't know what you'd expect. Are you new here? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:23 pm 
Emerald Circle

purplehaz3 wrote:
If this is too quiet, I don't know how noisy you want it to be.... it has been discussed in this thread for the last 5 days and since the previous page (I posted the "wrap-up story in this thread last Wednesday), and has also been an ongoing story with its own dedicated thread on the recruiting forum.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=53585

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:06 pm 
Trainer

I guess I was expecting more noise given the battering Tulane admissions received after the denial. Point taken though, moving on

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:19 pm 
Cornerstone

Okay, I’ll tell you what is or isn’t going on. As has already been said, this was commented on pretty widely. The lack of talk you seem to notice is politeness which is not aimed at Tulane.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13