Add Tulane Athletics to your list too

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Re: Add Tulane Athletics to your list too

Unread post by windywave »

Yankeewave wrote:Ask your average LSU fan or graduate what they think about Tulane and its students then explain to me why we should prop them up in any fashion. This is like the upside down from stranger things
Why do you demean yourself and talk to the help?
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
windywave
Emerald Circle

fearthewave wrote:
Yankeewave wrote:Ask your average LSU fan or graduate what they think about Tulane and its students then explain to me why we should prop them up in any fashion. This is like the upside down from stranger things
My beef with the people saying we shouldn't care about this or have some obligation to support LSU sure were not doing that when Red Stick canceled the historic baseball rivalry after losing 5 of 6 and Alleva publicly said that Tulane was the same to them as every directional LA school and should be treated as such.

We aren't friends. I am not saying that people have to bash them but we sure don't owe them anything, much less support.
Um I'm pretty sure my position vis a vis LSU is best summed up by frick'em
#cousins don't count
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Unread post by Rotorooter »

Seconded.
Plan your work, work your plan.
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Unread post by NJwave »

For Windy:

I can’t watch this game. A Clemson win and we will have to listen to Dabo go on and on about how they won because god was on their side. We all know that god is a Notre Dame BYU, Liberty fan doesn’t care who wins a football game. Although, I have friends that think we won the basketball game because they went to Temple on Saturday.

The alternative is happy LSU fans.
windywave
Emerald Circle

NJwave wrote:For Windy:

I can’t watch this game. A Clemson win and we will have to listen to Dabo go on and on about how they won because god was on their side. We all know that god is a Notre Dame BYU, Liberty fan doesn’t care who wins a football game. Although, I have friends that think we won the basketball game because they went to Temple on Saturday.

Do you what an atheist is.... someone who doesn't care who wins the Notre Dame BYU game
#cousins don't count
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Unread post by NJwave »

windywave wrote:
NJwave wrote:For Windy:

Do you what an atheist is.... someone who doesn't care who wins the Notre Dame BYU game
I like that one.

I saw a comic last week say “Why don’t you ever hear a coach thank god when his team fumbles?” Not laugh out loud funny, but it is spot on.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

NJwave wrote:Although, I have friends that think we won the basketball game because they went to Temple on Saturday.
Having gone to Tulane, I'm conditioned to ask: does this mean they attended the game at Temple University, or went to services at a synagogue? :lol: :lol:
Charlie Dunn
Navigator Level

Unread post by Charlie Dunn »

i am disgusted by this!! LSU canceled the Tulane football and baseball series and refuses to play us in basketball. LSU also got pissed when we did a football camp with Texas A&M and, only after that, did LSU approach us about a joint camp. Tired of their BS.
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Unread post by NJwave »

PeteRasche wrote:
NJwave wrote:Although, I have friends that think we won the basketball game because they went to Temple on Saturday.
Having gone to Tulane, I'm conditioned to ask: does this mean they attended the game at Temple University, or went to services at a synagogue? :lol: :lol:
The intended use of one word with a double meaning is what makes my sense of humor so brilliant painful.

Temple University.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

No, it was brilliant.
:thumbsup:
DrHullabaloo
Navigator Level

Unread post by DrHullabaloo »

Tulane Tight End coach retweeting :xmad:

Seriously, why does athletics hate Tulane fans?
DrHullabaloo
Navigator Level

Unread post by DrHullabaloo »

GretnaGrn wrote:Is it a shop? Or did we loan the graphic to the Causeway people?
nope, if you look at Coach Nagle’s post he credits the picture to someone. It’s in the other thread. And was retweeted by others in athletics.

I am beyond disgusted.

Tyler is saying that it was unauthorized but the enthusiasm for it by our staff begs otherwise.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

Pretty funny our administration would cheer for a school that admits anyone. Thank the Lord this season has ended.
doncecco
President's Circle

Unread post by doncecco »

The sign can be explained by our commitment to community service these days. We were trying to encourage individuals with disabilities! :jerry:
Bring home da Wave!
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Unread post by GretnaGrn »

DrHullabaloo wrote:
GretnaGrn wrote:Is it a shop? Or did we loan the graphic to the Causeway people?
nope, if you look at Coach Nagle’s post he credits the picture to someone. It’s in the other thread. And was retweeted by others in athletics.

I am beyond disgusted.

Tyler is saying that it was unauthorized but the enthusiasm for it by our staff begs otherwise.
If someone authorized it they should be unemployed as of this morning. Just jarringly tone-deaf, and shockingly so for an athletics administration that has largely been doing an excellent job on the PR front.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Unread post by WaveProf »

When TD first got the job he seemed to intentionally jab LSU, to (if anything) want to stoke that rivalry. Anybody remember all of his UNI followers on social media mistakenly getting mad at him for making so many negative comments about the color purple (only for him to explain the jabs were at LSU not UNI)?!?!?

So where and why is this coming from?!?!?

This makes me far angrier than even the Jet Duffy situation.

A pox on their house.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

DrHullabaloo wrote:

I am beyond disgusted.

When Nagle tweeted it he included the Ed Orgeron “one heartbeat” saying. I have a theory on why. We hold joint camps with their coaches and have benefited from getting to see kids that otherwise may not come to a Tulane-only camp, plus, to anyone new to campus in the last 15 years doesn’t know we even have a rival, much less it be the “mighty sec team” to the west.

To me it seemed too much like begging for acceptance. Like as if we are saying “We’ll support you if you don’t look down on us so much because we know we can never be like you” kind of thing. Save that stuff for the participation trophy crowd.

It was probably done by the same girl trolling FW on Twitter regarding the Duffey situation.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

waverider wrote:
DrHullabaloo wrote:

I am beyond disgusted.

When Nagle tweeted it he included the Ed Orgeron “one heartbeat” saying. I have a theory on why. We hold joint camps with their coaches and have benefited from getting to see kids that otherwise may not come to a Tulane-only camp, plus, to anyone new to campus in the last 15 years doesn’t know we even have a rival, much less it be the “mighty sec team” to the west.

To me it seemed too much like begging for acceptance. Like as if we are saying “We’ll support you if you don’t look down on us so much because we know we can never be like you” kind of thing. Save that stuff for the participation trophy crowd.

It was probably done by the same girl trolling FW on Twitter regarding the Duffey situation.
Agree on the reason. Orgeron seems to genuinely want well for other schools in the state and that has probably been well received by our staff. And Nagle probably grew up a lsu fan. That said, this is appalling.
BACONWAVE
Navigator Level

Unread post by BACONWAVE »

NAHHHHHH...FFFFFFFF all this.....I will never cheer for LSCrap.....
I go pick up kids from aftercare yesterday & my youngest says he got extra homework. He was mad. I ask why. He said teacher asked him why he didn't have the basically mandatory LS@ss shirt on. He said he was not a fan & was a Tulane fan. Teacher then proceeds to make jabs at him & back in forth all day. Then,in front of class at end of day, tells class he has extra homework & hands him 2 sheets. There was no joking letter in homework folder, no e-mail, no phone call to us as to reason why. We get home & confirm with other kids parents that she did indeed say that in front of all kids in class & gave him papers. We wait for like an joke e-mail & nothing by 6pm. Wife is seething & I'm about to blow my Schitt. All before the damn game comes on.....

Wife calls principle & of course we get the it must be a joke...blah blah blah we will look into it. Teacher calls in morning & says it was a joke. We ask her how can an adult think that is a joke with a pissed off family & child basically being bullied in class by his teacher. She breaks down & finally apologizes. She says she thought he understood that was a joke. My wife tells her he is a damn kid & how can he or we know that if it is in his homework folder. Wife calls her out like a boss & said if son would have yelled or reacted we would be in there today like he did something wrong.

When people ask me why I don't cheer for those mfer's this is why. I have endured the same crap all my life for being a greenie. I'll be damned if he will also. Not a damn person I know told me crap about good job Tulane in their bowl...but I'm supposed to cheer for these complete classless fools? Basketball gets caught red handed & nothing...can only imagine what football is doing.
You're killin' me Smalls!!!
WaveProf
Cornerstone

+1 bacon

From your lips to gods ears.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

BACONWAVE wrote:NAHHHHHH...FFFFFFFF all this.....I will never cheer for LSCrap.....
I go pick up kids from aftercare yesterday & my youngest says he got extra homework. He was mad. I ask why. He said teacher asked him why he didn't have the basically mandatory LS@ss shirt on. He said he was not a fan & was a Tulane fan. Teacher then proceeds to make jabs at him & back in forth all day. Then,in front of class at end of day, tells class he has extra homework & hands him 2 sheets. There was no joking letter in homework folder, no e-mail, no phone call to us as to reason why. We get home & confirm with other kids parents that she did indeed say that in front of all kids in class & gave him papers. We wait for like an joke e-mail & nothing by 6pm. Wife is seething & I'm about to blow my Schitt. All before the damn game comes on.....

Wife calls principle & of course we get the it must be a joke...blah blah blah we will look into it. Teacher calls in morning & says it was a joke. We ask her how can an adult think that is a joke with a pissed off family & child basically being bullied in class by his teacher. She breaks down & finally apologizes. She says she thought he understood that was a joke. My wife tells her he is a damn kid & how can he or we know that if it is in his homework folder. Wife calls her out like a boss & said if son would have yelled or reacted we would be in there today like he did something wrong.

When people ask me why I don't cheer for those mfer's this is why. I have endured the same crap all my life for being a greenie. I'll be damned if he will also. Not a damn person I know told me crap about good job Tulane in their bowl...but I'm supposed to cheer for these complete classless fools? Basketball gets caught red handed & nothing...can only imagine what football is doing.
As a child I got the same treatment from adults that I knew and those in public I didn’t know. It’s been since then I knew I’d never wear purple.

Neither of my kids participated in “purple dress down day” at school.... because they were raised right.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

BACONWAVE wrote:NAHHHHHH...FFFFFFFF all this.....I will never cheer for LSCrap.....

Bacon, you’ll did the right thing. My experiences are exactly the same. So glad I live in Houston which has a huge lspuke base, but when I wear my Tulane colors most of them are surprisingly nice (there is the occasional dick head). That teacher is a real douche. Bullying should not be tolerated. Hope the teacher is reprimanded.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Apparently not just TU. The president of the UL system was speaking at Nicholls today and tried to turn it into a "I was in the Quarter on Monday and I'm so proud of our boys!". He's the president of the UL system. Not the LSU system. He shouldn't be saying anything bad about LSU (at all), but on some level, isn't he thinking how his active support might sound to ULL or ULM or UNO or La Tech (you know, schools under his authority?)
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Poseidon »

I hear ya. Living in and around BR it's as bad or worse. My not being a Tiger fan has caused a social barrier at times. I have a friend who is from Mississippi, grew up a USM fan, and played Baseball at USM. He moved over to BR and in about six months he was decked out in LSU gear. I literally said "WTF man" when I saw him at at a social gathering the first fall he was here decked out in LSU gear. He said, "well I don't want to be a d!ck." He is a good guy, but to many team loyalty or philosophical consistency means very little. They just want to be accepted by those around them. LSU fans are the prime example. I am a bit of a contrarian at heart and its not hard for me to stand opposite the mob, but have no illusions, at times IT IS A MOB. The preferences of others are ridiculed and belittled by many who would jump ship the moment things go wrong for their side.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Unread post by GretnaGrn »

tjtlja wrote:

Bacon, you’ll did the right thing. My experiences are exactly the same. So glad I live in Houston which has a huge lspuke base, but when I wear my Tulane colors most of them are surprisingly nice (there is the occasional dick head). That teacher is a real douche. Bullying should not be tolerated. Hope the teacher is reprimanded.
The teacher should be unemployed. That's bullying a student, pure and simple. Good on you for raising hell.