Late NSD thread (2/5/20)

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
long green
Cornerstone

Late NSD thread (2/5/20)

Post by long green »

Trey Tuggle signs with Tulane. Just tweeted by Coach Fritz.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Re: Late NSD thread (2/5/20)

Post by Yankeewave »

interesting - someone posted in another thread he had just visited Indiana.

how many spots are left?
djh
Coach Level

Post by djh »

Yankeewave wrote:interesting - someone posted in another thread he had just visited Indiana.

how many spots are left?
So that means we beat out a P-5 school for Tuggle. Great !!!!
'Character is who you are, reputation is what others THINK you are.'
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Post by Yankeewave »

djh wrote:
Yankeewave wrote:interesting - someone posted in another thread he had just visited Indiana.

how many spots are left?
he has Indiana listed as an offer - who knows if it was still actionable - but let's interpret it as such! :mrgreen:
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

how many spots are left?
I think one? Thought we had five after December... three to transfers, one to Tuggle... still waiting on the kid that we supposedly flipped from Houston.
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Post by Yankeewave »

friloux and a QB would be great but sounds like we might wait until after spring practice for that.

someone posted in another thread that MSU just got a qb from stanford - glad we got that kid from FSU
randymc
President's Circle

Post by randymc »

Friloux has signed according to Twitter (with photos of Friloux in a Tulane cap) signing 5 or 10 min. ago..Hahnville Twitter account shows the ceremony.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Could be a PWO. :wink:

Welcome aboard to the best-looking class of linemen on both sides of the ball that I can remember.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

Johnny Mac wrote:

how many spots are left?
I think one? Thought we had five after December... three to transfers, one to Tuggle... still waiting on the kid that we supposedly flipped from Houston.

We have three left after Tuggle. We signed 18 in December. Then added three transfers and Tuggle which equals 22. So three spots left.
We deserve so much better
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

djh wrote:

how many spots are left?
I mean, if you count Indiana.
randymc
President's Circle

Post by randymc »

Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

wavedom wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:

how many spots are left?

We have three left after Tuggle. We signed 18 in December. Then added three transfers and Tuggle which equals 22. So threespots left.
TWO!! now that Friloux is in the fold!

Any word on Champaigne?
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

Post by krewe of ham and eggs »

Johnny Mac wrote:
wavedom wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:

how many spots are left?

We have three left after Tuggle. We signed 18 in December. Then added three transfers and Tuggle which equals 22. So threespots left.
TWO!! now that Friloux is in the fold!

Any word on Champaigne?
https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... bad85.html

Per this article not signing until next December
AnY iMaGeS yOu PoRtRaY wIlL bE rEpReSeNtAtIvE oF tHe TeAm YoU sUpPoRt
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Tulane officially acknowledges the signing of Adonis Friloux.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

long green wrote:Tulane officially acknowledges the signing of Adonis Friloux.
Here’s a link to his announcement video.

https://mobile.twitter.com/vsnlouisiana ... 3627218946
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Saintgreenie
Breaker Level

Post by Saintgreenie »

With the addition of Friloux, 247 has Tulane up to #2 in the American (#66 nationally). They have not added Tuggle, who would be the 3rd lowest rated recruit in the class, so not sure how that would change he ranging.
TU23
President's Circle

Post by TU23 »

Champaigne was badly hurt this year and won’t be able to play next year. Word is that he will sign in December 2020 to avoid having his clock start.

We have 3 potential spots left but they will require attrition. Right now we are at the 85 limit with the 2 signees today.
This one belongs to the Wave.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

long green wrote:Welcome aboard to the best-looking class of linemen on both sides of the ball that I can remember.
The kid we signed from St. Joseph’s Prep in Philly was singled out in the Philadelphia Inquirer as one of the reasons the school won another PIAA 6A state championship this year. The school had several players sign national LOIs and will open next season in Houston playing the Texas state 5A champion.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

TU23 wrote:Champaigne was badly hurt this year and won’t be able to play next year. Word is that he will sign in December 2020 to avoid having his clock start.

We have 3 potential spots left but they will require attrition. Right now we are at the 85 limit with the 2 signees today.
We have now signed 20 IIRC and added three transfers. That seems to leave two. where is the third coming from? I hope we do have that many.
We deserve so much better
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

When was the last time a recruit did a "trick" reveal where they pulled out something with another school and then dropped it revealing Tulane as the destination? Ever? :thumbsup:

I mean, it's no honey bun box, but pulling out a Houston hat with a Tulane hat hidden under it probably ain't gonna go over well with the Coog fans (not that I care).
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

PeteRasche wrote:
When was the last time a recruit did a "trick" reveal where they pulled out something with another school and then dropped it revealing Tulane as the destination? Ever? :thumbsup:

I mean, it's no honey bun box, but pulling out a Houston hat with a Tulane hat hidden under it probably ain't gonna go over well with the Coog fans (not that I care).
Speaking of the Honey Bun box, JaTarvious Whitlow has entered the portal. Comments on twitter suggest they have 2 better backs next year and he was getting into trouble and not going to classes.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Talented player who, if he had come here and pulled the same stuff, would be leaving us high and dry.
GreenHeart
Riptide Level

Post by GreenHeart »

PeteRasche wrote:

I have mixed feelings about the everyone-wants-me-but-I-choose-you-hat-reveal drama. Even though anything that annoys Houston, Memphis, or UCF makes me smile, this is bad form. How about a simple "after speaking with my family and coach, I have chosen a superior academic school that will help me achieve my athletic and career goals". *Puts on Angry Wave cap*. Then let your play against Houston in the next couple years deliver your message.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Sidney Williams signed with Florida State.

Jalen White has yet to sign with anyone. Same for An’Darius Coffey. Any other players we have been involved with that are still out there?

Great class! Give Fritz a raise. We will definitely pick up a QB, and I hope another WR and RB before next year. Just a tremendous job by the entire staff.
charlamange8
Navigator Level

Post by charlamange8 »

On JaTavious Whitlow...

I read the Montgomery Advertiser article from a couple of years ago when he originally signed...his momma said was quoted as saying "“Boobee is so young, so immature, so dependent on me, I just couldn’t see myself sending him out there,” she said. “I was a nervous wreck.”

Whitlow then was quoted later in the article..."I didn't even tell Tulane I wasn't coming"

"The character of a man is known from his conversations"
- Meander

We probably should've seen this coming...speculation was that he wasn't going to class. That would not have worked here either. I hope he grows up a bit.
Charles
"Wisdom and the Sword"
1998 C-USA Champions
"Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay it's price." - Sun Tzu