A.jONES LEAVING

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
User avatar
PJR
Riptide Level
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:28 pm
Location: Louisiana

Re: A.jONES LEAVING

Post by PJR »

Eric Charles may be on scholarship.
Marathon Wave
Navigator Level
Posts: 634
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:40 pm
Location: Somewhere in western NC

Re: A.jONES LEAVING

Post by Marathon Wave »

waverider wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:17 am Watching the virtual practice and Daniels is lining up at RB. Someone else without a number on his shirt has gotten a few reps too. Looks like Hudderson but a little smaller (hard to tell without full pads).

I don’t remember what injury Booker suffered in the Army game. He needed help getting off the field.
It was his knee, but not as bad as Spears.
User avatar
waverider
Emerald Circle
Posts: 23385
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Location: North Kenner

Re: A.jONES LEAVING

Post by waverider »

Amare tweeted an offer from Stephen F Austin.
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
User avatar
Private Joker
Navigator Level
Posts: 1405
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:50 pm
Location: Bainbridge Island USA

Re: A.jONES LEAVING

Post by Private Joker »

waverider wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:21 pm Amare tweeted an offer from Stephen F Austin.
What about school, about getting a Tulane degree? Stick around and finish that off, then transfer and play a year somewhere else.
User avatar
QuarterbackU
Regent's Circle
Posts: 7009
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:50 am
Location: West

Re: A.jONES LEAVING

Post by QuarterbackU »

Private Joker wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:57 pm
waverider wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:21 pm Amare tweeted an offer from Stephen F Austin.
What about school, about getting a Tulane degree? Stick around and finish that off, then transfer and play a year somewhere else.
Is there any advantage of going to the portal this week versus going to Boise and finishing the season with your team mates?

I am wondering if any of these transferring players were academic casualties (after Fall grades were just turned in) and this is their first reaction of dealing with it.
Tulane Alum | T-Club Member | Season Ticket Holder
NJwave
Regent's Circle
Posts: 5240
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:18 pm

Re: A.jONES LEAVING

Post by NJwave »

QuarterbackU wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:16 pm
Private Joker wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:57 pm
waverider wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:21 pm Amare tweeted an offer from Stephen F Austin.
What about school, about getting a Tulane degree? Stick around and finish that off, then transfer and play a year somewhere else.
Is there any advantage of going to the portal this week versus going to Boise and finishing the season with your team mates?

I am wondering if any of these transferring players were academic casualties (after Fall grades were just turned in) and this is their first reaction of dealing with it.
I guess it depends on where you are hoping to land and how many openings they have. Waiting could mean there is no spot.
User avatar
purplehaz3
Riptide Level
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:05 pm

Re: A.jONES LEAVING

Post by purplehaz3 »

Amare’s departure might have something to do with Chip Kelly’s arrival. He will get much better offers than SFA.
User avatar
tulaneoutlaw
President's Circle
Posts: 4316
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:49 pm
Location: Greeneville, TN

Re: A.jONES LEAVING

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

purplehaz3 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:10 pm Amare’s departure might have something to do with Chip Kelly’s arrival. He will get much better offers than SFA.
To be clear, I think you meant Chip Long. Though Amare playing at UCLA under Chip Kelly would be pretty cool
Marathon Wave
Navigator Level
Posts: 634
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:40 pm
Location: Somewhere in western NC

Re: A.jONES LEAVING

Post by Marathon Wave »

QuarterbackU wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:16 pm
Private Joker wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:57 pm
waverider wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:21 pm Amare tweeted an offer from Stephen F Austin.
What about school, about getting a Tulane degree? Stick around and finish that off, then transfer and play a year somewhere else.
Is there any advantage of going to the portal this week versus going to Boise and finishing the season with your team mates?

I am wondering if any of these transferring players were academic casualties (after Fall grades were just turned in) and this is their first reaction of dealing with it.
Transfers have to been in good academic standing to qualify for transfer.
User avatar
TU77CAL82
Coach Level
Posts: 2275
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:29 pm
Location: Broadmoor

Re: A.jONES LEAVING

Post by TU77CAL82 »

Transferring to Georgia Southern.
Baywave1
Regent's Circle
Posts: 7878
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:48 am

Re: A.jONES LEAVING

Post by Baywave1 »

Interesting. He should get a lot of touches there.
User avatar
purplehaz3
Riptide Level
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:05 pm

Re: A.jONES LEAVING

Post by purplehaz3 »

Baywave1 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:11 pm Interesting. He should get a lot of touches there.
He should get a lot of touches and dominate and get an opportunity at an NFL training camp somewhere. He’s versatile and the NFL coaches love that. Look at what Mooney is doing
User avatar
OGSB
Emerald Circle
Posts: 17397
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:00 pm

Re: A.jONES LEAVING

Post by OGSB »

Are they running the triple option again? I thought I saw the guy who succeeded Fritz was trying the spread but I don't know what his successor does.
Be prepared to lose for what you might get
User avatar
tulaneoutlaw
President's Circle
Posts: 4316
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:49 pm
Location: Greeneville, TN

Re: A.jONES LEAVING

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

OGSB wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:05 am Are they running the triple option again? I thought I saw the guy who succeeded Fritz was trying the spread but I don't know what his successor does.
Fritz's successor didn't last long and they've gone back to the option. There's some rumblings of discontent with the current coach, but the bowl win quieted them for the time being. If they have another meh year next year they may make a change. The expectation there is to beat App and Georgia St. and compete for conference titles.
User avatar
waverider
Emerald Circle
Posts: 23385
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Location: North Kenner

Re: A.jONES LEAVING

Post by waverider »

I really thought he’d go closer to home, not farther from it. Good luck to him.
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
User avatar
Poseidon
President's Circle
Posts: 3821
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 8:43 pm
Location: Baton Rouge

Re: A.jONES LEAVING

Post by Poseidon »

Our former OC Ruse who probably had a hand in recruiting Jones is their new OC...
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Dishonorable mention - Navy
User avatar
TUPF
Emerald Circle
Posts: 21036
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:36 am
Location: Maryland Eastern Shore & sometimes Philly

Re: A.jONES LEAVING

Post by TUPF »

Poseidon wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:59 am Our former OC Ruse who probably had a hand in recruiting Jones is their new OC...
Its almost always about personal connections.
After you've been on fire under Arctic pack ice everything else is a walk in the park.
Baywave1
Regent's Circle
Posts: 7878
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:48 am

Re: A.jONES LEAVING

Post by Baywave1 »

And, yes, Jones was good to spectacular under Ruse. I wish Amare had stayed but I wish both of them much success next year. Ruse has found his niche to thrive in a world dramatically tilted against the run/option game. Now he has another talented player who wants to be part of running literally against the conventional wisdom.
User avatar
Johnny Mac
Regent's Circle
Posts: 8864
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:15 pm
Location: Charlotte

Re: A.jONES LEAVING

Post by Johnny Mac »

Poseidon wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:59 am Our former OC Ruse who probably had a hand in recruiting Jones is their new OC...
Amare is just itching to run the dive, again... and again.. and again... and again
Image
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
gerryb323
Regent's Circle
Posts: 7494
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Location: We're not in Kansas anymore

Re: A.jONES LEAVING

Post by gerryb323 »

Poseidon wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:59 am Our former OC Ruse who probably had a hand in recruiting Jones is their new OC...
Doesn't Amare WANT the ball thrown to running backs?
hashtagStopbunting
hashtagStopPUNTING!
User avatar
long green
Cornerstone
Posts: 26636
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:34 am
Location: New Orleans

Re: A.jONES LEAVING

Post by long green »

That's what I was thinking.
The gap between the top of the big leagues and their bottom is now bigger than the gap between their bottom and us - P.R. told me to do this
Post Reply