A.jONES LEAVING

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
PJR
Riptide Level

Re: A.jONES LEAVING

Post by PJR »

Eric Charles may be on scholarship.
Marathon Wave
Navigator Level

Post by Marathon Wave »

waverider wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:17 am Watching the virtual practice and Daniels is lining up at RB. Someone else without a number on his shirt has gotten a few reps too. Looks like Hudderson but a little smaller (hard to tell without full pads).

I don’t remember what injury Booker suffered in the Army game. He needed help getting off the field.
It was his knee, but not as bad as Spears.
waverider
Emerald Circle

Post by waverider »

Amare tweeted an offer from Stephen F Austin.
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Private Joker
Navigator Level

Post by Private Joker »

waverider wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:21 pm Amare tweeted an offer from Stephen F Austin.
What about school, about getting a Tulane degree? Stick around and finish that off, then transfer and play a year somewhere else.
QuarterbackU
Regent's Circle

Post by QuarterbackU »

Private Joker wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:57 pm
waverider wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:21 pm Amare tweeted an offer from Stephen F Austin.
What about school, about getting a Tulane degree? Stick around and finish that off, then transfer and play a year somewhere else.
Is there any advantage of going to the portal this week versus going to Boise and finishing the season with your team mates?

I am wondering if any of these transferring players were academic casualties (after Fall grades were just turned in) and this is their first reaction of dealing with it.
Tulane Alum | T-Club Member | Season Ticket Holder
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Post by NJwave »

QuarterbackU wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:16 pm
Is there any advantage of going to the portal this week versus going to Boise and finishing the season with your team mates?

I am wondering if any of these transferring players were academic casualties (after Fall grades were just turned in) and this is their first reaction of dealing with it.
I guess it depends on where you are hoping to land and how many openings they have. Waiting could mean there is no spot.
purplehaz3
Riptide Level

Post by purplehaz3 »

Amare’s departure might have something to do with Chip Kelly’s arrival. He will get much better offers than SFA.
tulaneoutlaw
President's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

purplehaz3 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:10 pm Amare’s departure might have something to do with Chip Kelly’s arrival. He will get much better offers than SFA.
To be clear, I think you meant Chip Long. Though Amare playing at UCLA under Chip Kelly would be pretty cool
Marathon Wave
Navigator Level

Post by Marathon Wave »

QuarterbackU wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:16 pm

Transfers have to been in good academic standing to qualify for transfer.
TU77CAL82
Coach Level

Post by TU77CAL82 »

Transferring to Georgia Southern.
Baywave1
Regent's Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Interesting. He should get a lot of touches there.
purplehaz3
Riptide Level

Post by purplehaz3 »

Baywave1 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:11 pm Interesting. He should get a lot of touches there.
He should get a lot of touches and dominate and get an opportunity at an NFL training camp somewhere. He’s versatile and the NFL coaches love that. Look at what Mooney is doing
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

Are they running the triple option again? I thought I saw the guy who succeeded Fritz was trying the spread but I don't know what his successor does.
Be prepared to lose for what you might get
tulaneoutlaw
President's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

OGSB wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:05 am Are they running the triple option again? I thought I saw the guy who succeeded Fritz was trying the spread but I don't know what his successor does.
Fritz's successor didn't last long and they've gone back to the option. There's some rumblings of discontent with the current coach, but the bowl win quieted them for the time being. If they have another meh year next year they may make a change. The expectation there is to beat App and Georgia St. and compete for conference titles.
waverider
Emerald Circle

Post by waverider »

I really thought he’d go closer to home, not farther from it. Good luck to him.
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Poseidon
President's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

Our former OC Ruse who probably had a hand in recruiting Jones is their new OC...
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Dishonorable mention - Navy
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

Poseidon wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:59 am Our former OC Ruse who probably had a hand in recruiting Jones is their new OC...
Its almost always about personal connections.
After you've been on fire under Arctic pack ice everything else is a walk in the park.
Baywave1
Regent's Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

And, yes, Jones was good to spectacular under Ruse. I wish Amare had stayed but I wish both of them much success next year. Ruse has found his niche to thrive in a world dramatically tilted against the run/option game. Now he has another talented player who wants to be part of running literally against the conventional wisdom.
Johnny Mac
Regent's Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

Poseidon wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:59 am Our former OC Ruse who probably had a hand in recruiting Jones is their new OC...
Amare is just itching to run the dive, again... and again.. and again... and again
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Doesn't Amare WANT the ball thrown to running backs?
hashtagStopbunting
hashtagStopPUNTING!
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

That's what I was thinking.
The gap between the top of the big leagues and their bottom is now bigger than the gap between their bottom and us - P.R. told me to do this