The best thing about the bowl game

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
Bham Wave
Coach Level

The best thing about the bowl game

Post by Bham Wave »

Coach Long's hat and jacket were awesome....especially his hat!!!!!

Already put on my list for Santa :lol:
Roll Wave Roll!!!
waverider
Emerald Circle

Re: The best thing about the bowl game

Post by waverider »

Was it the white one with the angry wave and “roll wave”? Did you find it online? If it’s the one I am thinking of I want one too.
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Bham Wave
Coach Level

Post by Bham Wave »

That’s the one and no I have not found it anywhere
Roll Wave Roll!!!
WaveProf
Emerald Circle

Post by WaveProf »

It was NOT superior to the French fry bath.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
waverider
Emerald Circle

Post by waverider »

WaveProf wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:17 am It was NOT superior to the French fry bath.
And resulting 15yd penalty :lol:
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

Post by krewe of ham and eggs »

Really I thought the best thing was we have more proof that juju/vibration threads need to be abolished
AnY iMaGeS yOu PoRtRaY wIlL bE rEpReSeNtAtIvE oF tHe TeAm YoU sUpPoRt
waverider
Emerald Circle

Post by waverider »

Here’s a pic Parker Waters took in pregame. I couldn’t find a better angle.

Tulane Greenbackers

WaveProf
Emerald Circle

Post by WaveProf »

krewe of ham and eggs wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:35 am Really I thought the best thing was we have more proof that juju/vibration threads need to be abolished
Did we need more? It's kind of one other those things were someone turns water into wine, walks on water, and rises for the dead, but someone still wants to see marks on the dude's hand to believe it even might be Jesus.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
sprout1550
Coach Level

Post by sprout1550 »

In the spirit of the Season, we can count our blessings...

TUlane played football. The team stayed healthy. We didn't miss any games due to Covid. We set the bar for how a football program should deal with the pandemic. We made it to our third straight bowl appearance. We had some ups and downs, but we are way beyond where we were the past decade. We have a bright future with good coaches and players, and a university that now seems to "get it" as far as athletics are concerned.

Am I happy about the loss? Of course not. I am happy to be a Tulane fan and look forward to very good 2021.
Baywave1
Regent's Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Sprout, Well said. See you at the Oklahoma game.

Roll Wave!!
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

WaveProf wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:50 am
krewe of ham and eggs wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:35 am Really I thought the best thing was we have more proof that juju/vibration threads need to be abolished
Did we need more? It's kind of one other those things were someone turns water into wine, walks on water, and rises for the dead, but someone still wants to see marks on the dude's hand to believe it even might be Jesus.
Sure, I've let the hair go a little in the pandemic and grown a beard out of sheer laziness, but the Jesus comparisons might be a touch too far. That said, if anyone wants a fair apples to apples comparison, look at last year's bowl game (juju/vibrations thread started by me) vs this year's (you know who).
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Post by GretnaGrn »

That hat was definitely awesome. And, yes, I also want one. If anyone finds it, please post a link here.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Is it a baseball-team-issued hat?
hashtagStopbunting
hashtagStopPUNTING!
WaveProf
Emerald Circle

Post by WaveProf »

His ability to choose a good hat is clearly better than his ability to make a good (or even decent) impression in a TV interview.

Let's hope his ability to call plays outshines BOTH of those categories
DCGreenie
Coach Level

Post by DCGreenie »

BTW, Tulane players practice and live at sea level. U. Nevada campus is close to 5,000 ft. elevation. That's where the players go to school and practice. The Pack players have beaucoup more red blood cells for oxygenation than the Wave players. The Pack playing at about 2450 ft. above sea level in Boise was almost an inherently unfair advantage. Tulane players need more red corpuscles.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

DCGreenie wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:59 pm BTW, Tulane players practice and live at sea level. U. Nevada campus is close to 5,000 ft. elevation. That's where the players go to school and practice. The Pack players have beaucoup more red blood cells for oxygenation than the Wave players. The Pack playing at about 2450 ft. above sea level in Boise was almost an inherently unfair advantage. Tulane players need more red corpuscles.
If that's all it took the Universities of New Mexico (5,300 ft), Colorado 5,400 ft), and Wyoming (7,100 ft) would be world beaters.
After you've been on fire under Arctic pack ice everything else is a walk in the park.
DCGreenie
Coach Level

Post by DCGreenie »

I did not argue that this was both a necessary and sufficient condition. But it is a physiological challenge that tilts a level playing field.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

DCGreenie wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:42 pm I did not argue that this was both a necessary and sufficient condition. But it is a physiological challenge that tilts a level playing field.
Respectfully, only if you let it. You'd be amazed or maybe you wouldn't what young men and women can do, what they can endure, what they can overcome. In this case at that game a higher altitude had very little to do with the outcome. Others here have already laid out the personnel reasons for the loss. Our guys aren't, at least I'd hope not, hothouse flowers.
After you've been on fire under Arctic pack ice everything else is a walk in the park.
wavedom
Coach Level

Post by wavedom »

As to the altitude issue Sean Payton said they had it studied and you should go out either the day before or 10 days before. So instead of leaving on Friday as they normally do the Saints left on Saturday.
We still aren't there!
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

TUPF wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:57 pm
DCGreenie wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:42 pm I did not argue that this was both a necessary and sufficient condition. But it is a physiological challenge that tilts a level playing field.
Respectfully, only if you let it. You'd be amazed or maybe you wouldn't what young men and women can do, what they can endure, what they can overcome. In this case at that game a higher altitude had very little to do with the outcome. Others here have already laid out the personnel reasons for the loss. Our guys aren't, at least I'd hope not, hothouse flowers.
Plus we got beat in the 1st qtr, if altitude was a factor, you'd expect it to be late in the game.
Baywave1
Regent's Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

It was personnel. Tulane got whipped. If we didn't want to have to play in the dreaded yellow snow then we should have won Navy and Tulsa. Congrats to Nevada. It's only 255 days until the Oklahoma game opener in 2021. (Not that I'm counting... :green wink: )

Merry Wavemas to all!
tjtlja
President's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

WaveProf wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:29 pm His ability to choose a good hat is clearly better than his ability to make a good (or even decent) impression in a TV interview.

What in the world are you talking about?
WaveProf
Emerald Circle

Post by WaveProf »

tjtlja wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:23 pm
WaveProf wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:29 pm His ability to choose a good hat is clearly better than his ability to make a good (or even decent) impression in a TV interview.

Did you see him making the rounds on New Orleans local tv this week? Doesn’t matter much, but not impressive
tjtlja
President's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Come on, that is ridiculous. Give the guy a break. He is a football coach first and foremost.
waverider
Emerald Circle

Post by waverider »

WaveProf wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:49 pm
tjtlja wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:23 pm

Did you see him making the rounds on New Orleans local tv this week? Doesn’t matter much, but not impressive
I thought his interview on The Current was pretty good.
Tulane Greenbackers