Returning Seniors

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
tjtlja
President's Circle

Returning Seniors

Post by tjtlja »

Any news who may be coming back? I have heard Huderson and Dublin were considering it. Is that correct?
G-wave
Navigator Level

Re: Returning Seniors

Post by G-wave »

Most Teams won't list them till after fecruiting and college FA is over don't want to turn a player off.
waverider
Emerald Circle

Post by waverider »

tjtlja wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:40 pm Any news who may be coming back? I have heard Huderson and Dublin were considering it. Is that correct?
I think Dublin will go the consultant route and get analyzed without hiring an agent. He missed a game or two because of protocols so he may want to come back to get a full season in assuming he’d get to have family and friends watching. If he’s told he will get drafted he would likely leave but I think he knows he would benefit from another year of film.
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

I think there's a good chance Dublin comes back. Kuerschen isn't. No idea on others.
Baywave1
Regent's Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Fritz already said Glover wants to return.
G-wave
Navigator Level

Post by G-wave »

If our incoming FR kicker can't beat him out then he's a bust.
Baywave1
Regent's Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

G-wave wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:36 pm If our incoming FR kicker can't beat him out then he's a bust.

Glover will keep his kick off job. He has been very good there. I assume FG kicking will be an open competition. No predictions but I'd be surprised if Glover is not doing that too.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

G-wave wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:36 pm If our incoming FR kicker can't beat him out then he's a bust.
Glover had his ups and downs but he was solid as a junior and improved hugely while he was here. If he's back, I'd ease Esnard into the position, possibly playing him within the confines of the redshirt rule.
The gap between the top of the big leagues and their bottom is now bigger than the gap between their bottom and us - P.R. told me to do this
QuarterbackU
Regent's Circle

Post by QuarterbackU »

Baywave1 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:45 pm Fritz already said Glover wants to return.
He should Grad Transfer to SMU.
Tulane Alum | T-Club Member | Season Ticket Holder
randymc
President's Circle

Post by randymc »

guess things could change but on a pre Bowl interview with Coach Fritz he said indications were Dublin, Huderson, Moody, Glover, Kevin Henry and Jaylon Monroe are among guys seriously thinking of returning for another year.
Bham Wave
Coach Level

Post by Bham Wave »

That would be a good group to have back
Roll Wave Roll!!!
wavedom
Coach Level

Post by wavedom »

randymc wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:32 pm guess things could change but on a pre Bowl interview with Coach Fritz he said indications were Dublin, Huderson, Moody, Glover, Kevin Henry and Jaylon Monroe are among guys seriously thinking of returning for another year.
Thanks. That's good to hear.
We still aren't there!
Marathon Wave
Navigator Level

Post by Marathon Wave »

randymc wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:32 pm guess things could change but on a pre Bowl interview with Coach Fritz he said indications were Dublin, Huderson, Moody, Glover, Kevin Henry and Jaylon Monroe are among guys seriously thinking of returning for another year.
Yes, I listened to that same Wavecast. Hoping the players don't change their minds.
waverider
Emerald Circle

Post by waverider »

Ben Knutson announced via Twitter he is not returning and will pursue an NFL career.
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

CT Wave
Coach Level

Post by CT Wave »

waverider wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:13 pm Ben Knutson announced via Twitter he is not returning and will pursue an NFL career.
Not at all surprised that Ben is not coming back. He used his time at Tulane to earn two Masters degrees and is ready to move on. I can wish him good luck trying pro ball and also say I don't think he has much of a shot. But this is the time to go for it! Good luck, Ben!
"You're not here on scholarship to lose. I didn't recruit you to lose. Losing is abnormal; losing is unusual; losing is unacceptable. That's not what we're here for."
Bob Knight
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Quite a few 2020 seniors have made announcements or given indications that they're returning for 2021. Two recent ones are D'Eriq King and Memphis' very good slot TE Sean Dykes.
The gap between the top of the big leagues and their bottom is now bigger than the gap between their bottom and us - P.R. told me to do this
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

Would be nice to have Monroe back...
FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

ml wave wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:48 pm Would be nice to have Monroe back...
Only if Hampton teaches him to turn his head when the ball is thrown. Just once. That's all I ask.
waverider
Emerald Circle

Post by waverider »

FW wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:49 pm
Only if Hampton teaches him to turn his head when the ball is thrown. Just once. That's all I ask.
Isn’t that the truth. He’d have a couple INTs and less PIs.
Tulane Greenbackers

PeteRasche
Emerald Circle

Post by PeteRasche »

waverider wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:01 pm
Isn’t that the truth. He’d have a couple INTs and less PIs.
I was absolutely shocked at how relatively few PIs he did get in light of this.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

Sure, that'd be nice, but regardless he's our best cover guy.
wavedom
Coach Level

Post by wavedom »

ml wave wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:39 am
I'm for him returning but that's not saying much. The real worry is how do we expect that Hampton will teach him that vital skill now when he never bothered to do so when he was here before.
We still aren't there!
waverider
Emerald Circle

Post by waverider »

wavedom wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:57 am
ml wave wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:39 am
I'm for him returning but that's not saying much. The real worry is how do we expect that Hampton will teach him that vital skill now when he never bothered to do so when he was here before.
That’s a skill that I’ve always felt wasn’t taught. It’s one of those “nose for the ball” type of skills that players either have or they don’t.

The freshman Dyson was better at looking for the ball in coverage.
Tulane Greenbackers

waverider
Emerald Circle

Post by waverider »

As expected, Cam Sample announced today that he is forgoing the extra year and declaring for the draft.
Tulane Greenbackers

PeteRasche
Emerald Circle

Post by PeteRasche »

long green wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:26 pm Quite a few 2020 seniors have made announcements or given indications that they're returning for 2021. Two recent ones are D'Eriq King ...
King tore his ACL in Miami's bowl game. Just think, if his rehab does not go as smoothly as hoped maybe he'll sit out next year and petition for.. what, like his 8th year?