Returning Seniors

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Re: Returning Seniors

Post by TUPF »

PeteRasche wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:25 pm
long green wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:26 pm Quite a few 2020 seniors have made announcements or given indications that they're returning for 2021. Two recent ones are D'Eriq King ...
King tore his ACL in Miami's bowl game. Just think, if his rehab does not go as smoothly as hoped maybe he'll sit out next year and petition for.. what, like his 8th year?
Yup, he’ll be older than a BYU lineman.
After you've been on fire under Arctic pack ice everything else is a walk in the park.
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

Post by krewe of ham and eggs »

long green wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:26 pm Quite a few 2020 seniors have made announcements or given indications that they're returning for 2021. Two recent ones are D'Eriq King ...
King tore his ACL in Miami's bowl game. Just think, if his rehab does not go as smoothly as hoped maybe he'll sit out next year and petition for.. what, like his 8th year?
The butterfly effect from the McCleskey touchdown in 2019 is simply phenomenal
AnY iMaGeS yOu PoRtRaY wIlL bE rEpReSeNtAtIvE oF tHe TeAm YoU sUpPoRt
waverider
Emerald Circle

Post by waverider »

krewe of ham and eggs wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:58 pm
He’s going to have surgery and is expected to be ready for fall camp.
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
PeteRasche
Emerald Circle

Post by PeteRasche »

waverider wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:59 pm
That wasn't the point....

(I knew that)
MattK
President's Circle

Post by MattK »

This was brought about by Holgerson either essentially cutting him mid season or trying to take advantage of the redshirt rule. Either way, hard to blame the kid and it sucks that he screwed up his knee.

In the meantime...Holgerson hasn’t cumulatively reached the 8 win mark that gets you fired from Houston yet.
FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

Good thing Miami opens 2021 with a cupcake
DCGreenie
Coach Level

Post by DCGreenie »

Touche, absolutely priceless....
Johnny Mac
Regent's Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

MattK wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:33 am This was brought about by Holgerson either essentially cutting him mid season or trying to take advantage of the redshirt rule. Either way, hard to blame the kid and it sucks that he screwed up his knee.

In the meantime...Holgerson hasn’t cumulatively reached the 8 win mark that gets you fired from Houston yet.
with Herman suddenly available, Holgerson's leash got suddenly tightened.. Houston would take Herman back in a heartbeat
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
Johnny4
Breaker Level

Post by Johnny4 »

Dr. King drops back to pass...
Last edited by Johnny4 on Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
waverider
Emerald Circle

Post by waverider »

PeteRasche wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:51 am
waverider wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:59 pm
That wasn't the point....

(I knew that)
I was replying to the original post about his injury.

(You probably knew that too)
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

waverider
Emerald Circle

Post by waverider »

Per Guerry, the following seniors are expected to return (mostly those we expected)
Fritz said he received an initial positive indication from four-year starting offensive lineman Corey Dublin, 2020 rushing leader Stephon Huderson, linebackers Kevin Henry and Marvin Moody, cornerback Jaylon Monroe, kicker Merek Glover and wide receiver/special teams ace Jaetavian Toles.

He added nothing would be certain until Tulane holds its first meeting of the spring and the players are there.

“I gave them a lot of time because we had a long season,” Fritz said. “I just started talking to guys about it last week. You don’t want to force them to give you a decision and then think about it a little while and decide not to.”
In notes in article about Patrick Johnson

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... 5faea.html
Tulane Greenbackers

long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

What to do with Henry? If it were my team I'd see if he could function as an end/Joker. If Moody returns and Machado steps up there isn't a big need for him as an ILB.

If Dublin returns I'd think about redshirting Hayden Shook. If Glover returns I'd play Esnard within the limits of the redshirt rule.

The ones I'd be really happy about having back with no reservations are Huderson, Monroe, and Toles.
The gap between the top of the big leagues and their bottom is now bigger than the gap between their bottom and us - P.R. told me to do this
Baywave1
Regent's Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Glad Toles is returning. Great ST player. Now if he can only learn to catch Pratt passes like he catches Army passes, we will be in business.

The Army kick-pick-six is still the fun highlight of a mixed season.
Bham Wave
Coach Level

Post by Bham Wave »

Henry did play some Joker in bowl game so that is not out of the question.

The real question is will we even have a "Joker " position. With our new DC we may go to a more conventional 4 man front instead of the 3 man front with the hybrid Joker position. TIme will tell
Roll Wave Roll!!!
FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

Even if we don't have a Joker position, Henry is already listed as the same size as Quincy Roche who had 26 sacks for Temple as a DE before playing for Miami this year.
wavedom
Coach Level

Post by wavedom »

Baywave1 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:38 am Glad Toles is returning. Great ST player. Now if he can only learn to catch Pratt passes like he catches Army passes, we will be in business.

The Army kick-pick-six is still the fun highlight of a mixed season.
He caught Pratt passes. He then had one bad drop. Unnecessary cheap shot at a returning player.
We still aren't there!
Baywave1
Regent's Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Quit preaching and give it a rest. You’re better than that.

I welcomed Toles back and noted he made the highlight play of the season. If he elevates his receiving to the level of his ST play then Tulane will be improved. Good for all concerned.
wavedom
Coach Level

Post by wavedom »

Baywave1 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:00 pm Quit preaching and give it a rest. You’re better than that.

I welcomed Toles back and noted he made the highlight play of the season. If he elevates his receiving to the level of his ST play then Tulane will be improved. Good for all concerned.
You're better than that. You owe him an apology.
We still aren't there!
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Huderson has entered the portal
hashtagStopbunting
hashtagStopPUNTING!
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

gerryb323 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:55 pm Huderson has entered the portal
:shock:
After you've been on fire under Arctic pack ice everything else is a walk in the park.
purplehaz3
Riptide Level

Post by purplehaz3 »

TUPF wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:56 pm
Spears, Carroll, Celestine (incoming Freshman), Brumfield (Utah transfer) and YG Booker who still has some potential. Strong RB room. Spears can be an NFL player. Looks good to me
Johnny Mac
Regent's Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

purplehaz3 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:31 pm
Spears, Carroll, Celestine (incoming Freshman), Brumfield (Utah transfer) and YG Booker who still has some potential. Strong RB room. Spears can be an NFL player. Looks good to me
don't be shocked if Daniels remains in the RB room and Ibieta is taking snaps at RB during spring practice... I think our depth is going to be even better
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Robbing Peter to pay Paul. If you need a roofer don't hire a gardener.
The gap between the top of the big leagues and their bottom is now bigger than the gap between their bottom and us - P.R. told me to do this
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

Johnny Mac wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:44 pm
purplehaz3 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:31 pm
don't be shocked if Daniels remains in the RB room and Ibieta is taking snaps at RB during spring practice... I think our depth is going to be even better
Leaving us with just Pratt and the incoming freshman at QB (am I forgetting anyone?). And assuming the freshman isn't here for spring practice I can't see Ibieta not getting the backup QB reps so he can rotate as the 4th RB or something.
Bham Wave
Coach Level

Post by Bham Wave »

Ibieta certainly didn't look like he had RB skills while running the ball in the spot duty he got at QB this year.

He looked like an average running QB which is a far cry from D1 RB.

Just my 2 cents :-D
Roll Wave Roll!!!