WAVE BASEBALL

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Re: WAVE BASEBALL

Post by TUPF »

Wavery wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:32 am Poor attempt at sarcasm. The stadium is so far from where students congregate. Few ever attend games. It's outside. Can't understand why 300-500 people couldn't attend. I really look forward to spending many spring days/evenings at Turchin. Frustrated and disappointed.
I understand the frustration and disappointment. Everyone is tired of this. Just last night I had a catch-up FaceTime with my friend in Australia who is finishing her 14 days in strict hotel quarantine ($3000 out of her own pocket) after finally having been allowed to fly back home to Melbourne after being stranded in the US since August. She was furious with her 89 YO father (a retired West Pointer, no less) who retired in St. Augustine, Florida and after following the rules since March decided to play a round of golf with his buddies followed by indoor Sunday brunch with his cohort. Of course, one of his cronies had COVID and now he has it bad as does his frail 87 YO wife. Both are seriously ill and may not make it even though both he and his wife had received the first of two Moderna jabs but not the second. My friend has weighed breaking her quarantine and trying to return to Florida but there's nothing she could do anyway. They said their goodbyes.

All it takes is one "I'm tired of this" slip.
After you've been on fire under Arctic pack ice everything else is a walk in the park.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

TUPF wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:06 am
Wavery wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:32 am Poor attempt at sarcasm. The stadium is so far from where students congregate. Few ever attend games. It's outside. Can't understand why 300-500 people couldn't attend. I really look forward to spending many spring days/evenings at Turchin. Frustrated and disappointed.
I understand the frustration and disappointment. Everyone is tired of this. Just last night I had a catch-up FaceTime with my friend in Australia who is finishing her 14 days in strict hotel quarantine ($3000 out of her own pocket) after finally having been allowed to fly back home to Melbourne after being stranded in the US since August. She was furious with her 89 YO father (a retired West Pointer, no less) who retired in St. Augustine, Florida and after following the rules since March decided to play a round of golf with his buddies followed by indoor Sunday brunch with his cohort. Of course, one of his cronies had COVID and now he has it bad as does his frail 87 YO wife. Both are seriously ill and may not make it even though both he and his wife had received the first of two Moderna jabs but not the second. My friend has weighed breaking her quarantine and trying to return to Florida but there's nothing she could do anyway. They said their goodbyes.

All it takes is one "I'm tired of this" slip.
Yeah, I think everyone is well over all of this. Given better governmental response and more personal responsibility, maybe we'd be in better shape. Not a reason to just give up now. All of the last 10 months would have been for nothing.
hashtagStopbunting
hashtagStopPUNTING!
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Yankeewave wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:01 am Put a winning product on the field and well known opponents. I was in school during the best years and lots
Of students would go.
Agree, a half-mile (or whatever) walk from the dorms is not stopping anyone who actually wants to go to the games. Our campus is really one of the more compact campuses as far as walkability goes. I hear those Wisconsin students walk 5 miles, in the snow, uphill both ways, to get to basketball games! Where SHOULD Turchin be? The middle of the LBC quad (or whatever they're calling it this month)?
hashtagStopbunting
hashtagStopPUNTING!
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Post by Yankeewave »

Boot happy hour then friday night game was a fun time.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Full disclosure, I have no idea how close Wisconsin's dorms are to their arena
hashtagStopbunting
hashtagStopPUNTING!
PeteRasche
Emerald Circle

Post by PeteRasche »

gerryb323 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:17 amI hear those Wisconsin students walk 5 miles, in the snow, uphill both ways, to get to basketball games!
Meh, they have underground tunnels around campus (not kidding). I want to see one of those Wisconsin students walk from the Wilson Building to a class in Gibson Hall in less than 10 minutes in early September New Orleans heat and humidity! 8)
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

I remember arriving at MSY in August on Southern Airlines (long gone) for the first time back when they still had roll-up metal stairs and no jetways. Walked to the plane door and it was as if someone hit me in the face with the heat and humidity. It must have been November before I started getting used to it.
After you've been on fire under Arctic pack ice everything else is a walk in the park.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

TUPF wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:50 pm I remember arriving at MSY in August on Southern Airlines (long gone) for the first time back when they still had roll-up metal stairs and no jetways. Walked to the plane door and it was as if someone hit me in the face with the heat and humidity. It must have been November before I started getting used to it.
You'd think the prop wash would have kept you cool
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

windywave wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:56 pm
TUPF wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:50 pm I remember arriving at MSY in August on Southern Airlines (long gone) for the first time back when they still had roll-up metal stairs and no jetways. Walked to the plane door and it was as if someone hit me in the face with the heat and humidity. It must have been November before I started getting used to it.
May you live to be the butt of the same sorts of jokes. :lol:
PeteRasche
Emerald Circle

Post by PeteRasche »

TUPF wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:13 pm
windywave wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:56 pm
May you live to be the butt of the same sorts of jokes. :lol:
Yeah, where are those flying cars we were promised so we don't need planes any more?
Rollwave011
Trainer

Post by Rollwave011 »

TUPF wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:07 pm Looks like everything will be on ESPN+ :-D .
Is this confirmed? I was planning on purchasing all access for the baseball season, but not sure if the games will be broadcast on there or ESPN+. Anyone have any info?
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

Rollwave011 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:41 am
TUPF wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:07 pm Looks like everything will be on ESPN+ :-D .
Is this confirmed? I was planning on purchasing all access for the baseball season, but not sure if the games will be broadcast on there or ESPN+. Anyone have any info?
From Tulanegreenwave.com on 28 Jan.:

TULANE BASEBALL ON ESPN+ AND WRBH 88.3 FM
Coverage of select Green Wave baseball games can be seen live on ESPN+. A complete broadcast schedule of Tulane games aired on ESPN+ will be released in the coming weeks. Fans can also listen to Tulane baseball on the radio by tuning into WRBH 88.3 FM.
Rollwave011
Trainer

Post by Rollwave011 »

TUPF wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:08 pm

Coverage of select Green Wave baseball games can be seen live on ESPN+. A complete broadcast schedule of Tulane games aired on ESPN+ will be released in the coming weeks. Fans can also listen to Tulane baseball on the radio by tuning into WRBH 88.3 FM.
Thanks for the info. I wonder what "select" games will be. Might have to purchase all access for the games not aired on ESPN+
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

Rollwave011 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:24 pm
TUPF wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:08 pm

Thanks for the info. I wonder what "select" games will be. Might have to purchase all access for the games not aired on ESPN+
Since it says a complete broadcast schedule will be released in the coming weeks, and opening day is around 17 days away, let's hope they release a schedule all at once instead of piecemeal. I always thought All Access was bush league back in the day and I hope it has died a quiet death. ESPN+ has been reasonably decent all things considered since I purchased an annual subscription ($50) before football season so I'm playing with house money. I think lots of commentary will be from someone's basement like for basketball. Hopefully for non ESPN+ games WRBH will be a backup.
PeteRasche
Emerald Circle

Post by PeteRasche »

If ESPN+ isn't showing a game and All Access has been kicked by the new contract, hopefully the ESPN contract doesn't stop WRBH from being streamed. Obviously it allows local radio broadcasting as indicated above but streaming is a different animal.
Rollwave011
Trainer

Post by Rollwave011 »

Looks like the first 4 games of the season will be broadcast on ESPN+ according to the upcoming schedule on the ESPN website.
tulaneoutlaw
President's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

Rollwave011 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:27 pm Looks like the first 4 games of the season will be broadcast on ESPN+ according to the upcoming schedule on the ESPN website.
I'm very excited to be able to watch some games live this year for the first time in a long time. I'm optimistic that maybe 75%+ of our games will be on there. Good find!
BC Wave
Emerald Circle

Post by BC Wave »

I heard all home games will be streamed and road games depend on our opponents’ capabilities.

I feel certain M State will have it and am pretty certain all American teams have it.

No idea about Troy or Southeastern.
wavedom
President's Circle

Post by wavedom »

It makes sense that al of our home games and all road conference games should be streamed. Per the new TV contract all of our schools had to build up the production facilities to show games on ESPN+.
We still aren't there!
Johnny4
Breaker Level

Post by Johnny4 »

FW wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:59 pm
Tulane49 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:09 pm Luke Jannetta no longer on the roster
He was solid last year (3-0, 1.37 ERA)
He was a Collegiate Baseball Freshman All-American. Hopefully, everything is ok and we can see him back in 2022.

-----------------------
Jannetta gone

Tulane’s deep pitching staff took one hit when Luke Jannetta decided not to play this season.

Janetta, from Brookhaven, Georgia, was named to Collegiate Baseball’s freshman All-America team after going 3-0 with an ERA of 1.37 in 19⅔ innings last year. He did not allow a run in the first six of his seven appearances.

Although he remains enrolled at Tulane, he left the team in the fall.

“It was his decision,” Jewett said. “There were some personal issues that maybe pulled his desire away a little bit and some pretty heavy hits in there with some family loss. If that’s the decision that’s best for the individual, it has to be supported. I wish him well.”
--------------------------
https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... b450c.html
Johnny Mac
Regent's Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

Johnny4 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:22 am
FW wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:59 pm
Tulane49 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:09 pm Luke Jannetta no longer on the roster
He was solid last year (3-0, 1.37 ERA)
He was a Collegiate Baseball Freshman All-American. Hopefully, everything is ok and we can see him back in 2022.

-----------------------
Jannetta gone

Tulane’s deep pitching staff took one hit when Luke Jannetta decided not to play this season.

Janetta, from Brookhaven, Georgia, was named to Collegiate Baseball’s freshman All-America team after going 3-0 with an ERA of 1.37 in 19⅔ innings last year. He did not allow a run in the first six of his seven appearances.

Although he remains enrolled at Tulane, he left the team in the fall.

“It was his decision,” Jewett said. “There were some personal issues that maybe pulled his desire away a little bit and some pretty heavy hits in there with some family loss. If that’s the decision that’s best for the individual, it has to be supported. I wish him well.”
--------------------------
https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... b450c.html
still enrolled so perhaps he comes back next year after he works out whatever the distractions are
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
randymc
President's Circle

Post by randymc »

ticket office said an email about baseball attendance policy to start season should be hitting our in-boxes soon
waverider
Emerald Circle

Post by waverider »

randymc wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:46 am ticket office said an email about baseball attendance policy to start season should be hitting our in-boxes soon
180 fans per game (8%) will be allowed.
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
TulaneTiger
Breaker Level

Post by TulaneTiger »

If you're going to do 180, you might as well do 500 and get to 20-25%. Seems silly.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

TulaneTiger wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:56 pm If you're going to do 180, you might as well do 500 and get to 20-25%. Seems silly.
Except then they wouldn't be spaced out as much
hashtagStopbunting
hashtagStopPUNTING!