Free Publicity

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
Wavery
Navigator Level

Free Publicity

Post by Wavery »

Anyone watching the Saints/Bears game would have heard multiple references to Tulane University and/or the Green Wave due to Cairo Santo and Darnell Mooney being on the Bears.

I wonder how much the University would have had to pay to reach that many people, multiple times, on a Sunday NFL football game. This can only help the University in general.
wave-em in
President's Circle

Re: Free Publicity

Post by wave-em in »

Tulane was also mentioned in relation to Matt Forte.
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Post by NJwave »

I bet my brother in law dinner that Tulane would be mentioned over 1 1/2 times. When the pandemic ends, I'm getting a nice steak courtesy of Santos, Mooney and Forte. Thank you Chicago for believing in Tulane players and New Orleans for hosting the game.
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Post by Yankeewave »

Its been posted in another thread but Bears head college personnel or something like that played at tulane.

When they drafted forte, everyone wanted Chad Henne. Our first round pick was a bust from Vandy local paper asked if we were playing football or starting a southern law firm.
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

Yankeewave wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:48 am Its been posted in another thread but Bears head college personnel or something like that played at tulane.

When they drafted forte, everyone wanted Chad Henne. Our first round pick was a bust from Vandy local paper asked if we were playing football or starting a southern law firm.
This would be Mark Sadokwsi, Director of College Scouting. The below article on him is behind a paywall but it mentions playing at Tulane before 5 surgeries ended his career.

https://theathletic.com/1717629/2020/04 ... he-movies/
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

I was actually surprised at how smitten Tony Romo was with Mooney's abilities and he parroted all of the glowing reviews Moon has received from coaches and others... and I thought "that's just what Willie Fritz was saying about Mooney for four years". Now I am getting upset we didn't have a better QB or system to get him the ball more when he was here. Imagine if he was available to Pratt this past season in Hall's offense?
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest