MBB - UCF at TU

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
TU77CAL82
Coach Level

MBB - UCF at TU

Post by TU77CAL82 »

Time and network change for Saturday's game. Now at 11:00 a.m. Central on ESPN2.
Johnny Mac
Regent's Circle

Re: MBB - UCF at TU

Post by Johnny Mac »

doesn't matter for me either way... was gonna miss it at 2... still gonna miss it at noon
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Post by NJwave »

Great offensive effort, but terrible at the line. We left them open look after open look.

We need to lobby ESPN to keep Adams off our games. He ruined the game.
wavedom
President's Circle

Post by wavedom »

The offensive change has made us watchable. Too bad we are slipping back at the line. Defense also got tore up in the 2nd half.
We still aren't there!
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Post by NJwave »

wavedom wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:22 pm The offensive change has made us watchable. Too bad we are slipping back at the line. Defense also got tore up in the 2nd half.
When the right guys shoot it and we move the ball, I think we can shoot the 3. I’m good with Walker, Forbes and Watson shooting it and Cross when wide open.

When Pope, Cross and James learn to finish we will be good. I say this a lot, but I like our future.

Now do you understand my thoughts on defense? Again, for the most part I like the match up. However, you have got to flexible and switch up some. This game screamed for playing some man to man.
wavedom
President's Circle

Post by wavedom »

NJwave wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:29 pm
wavedom wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:22 pm The offensive change has made us watchable. Too bad we are slipping back at the line. Defense also got tore up in the 2nd half.
When the right guys shoot it and we move the ball, I think we can shoot the 3. I’m good with Walker, Forbes and Watson shooting it and Cross when wide open.

When Pope, Cross and James learn to finish we will be good. I say this a lot, but I like our future.

Now do you understand my thoughts on defense? Again, for the most part I like the match up. However, you have got to flexible and switch up some. This game screamed for playing some man to man.

The changes we made offensively to get the ball inside has opened things up for our shooters. That's how you're supposed to do it. No longer just passing the ball around up top and not having many open shots .

I never disagreed about your comments about the defense. My clear intent was to point out your hypocrisy in saying that those complaining about our offense, which had very obvious issues, were calling for his firing. Yet you could complain about the defense but took offense at being described the same way.
We still aren't there!
tjtlja
President's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

It was a very good game. I agree our defense needs to be flexible. Too many wide open looks.

Another thing that hurt us a little today was no points from the bench. This is probably unfair since the starters lit it up offensively, but it is stat that looks odd.