Recruiting rankings after the fact

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
waverider
Emerald Circle

Recruiting rankings after the fact

Post by waverider »

We have an annual discussion about whether recruiting rankings are accurate and if it takes time to really know a class’ worth. Our true freshman class was ranked 9th by PFF.

Per Tulane Football Recruiting Twitter:
@PFF_College ranked Tulane as the #9 True Freshman Class in the country for their performance during the 2020 season.
https://twitter.com/tufbrecruits/status ... 38688?s=21

#1 - 8- Alabama, lsu, Oklahoma, Clemson, TCU, ND, Tx A&M and Georgia
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Re: Recruiting rankings after the fact

Post by TUPF »

Wow. Pratt driven of course.
After you've been on fire under Arctic pack ice everything else is a walk in the park.
PeteRasche
Emerald Circle

Post by PeteRasche »

Yeah. The big boys score in this ranking by having highly-ranked recruits who play some. The little guys score by having (needing) more freshmen to play a lot. Sorta a "quality/quantity" thing.

But when your freshman play really well...
tjtlja
President's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

No doubt 2020 was a terrific class, both on paper and the field. The 2021 class will have its chance in the fall, but it doesn’t look to be nearly as deep as the 2020, certainly not on paper.

Speaking of football recruiting, Louisiana is loaded this year at every position. LSU has 9 commitments already and 6 are from the State (they have recruited more nationally the past year or so, but they won’t have to travel far this year). I hope we can make in-roads in LA this year, but I wouldn’t waste a lot of time if the initial impression with a recruit is not favorable. A&M, Alabama, Memphis, and ULL will all be recruiting heavily in the state, so get what we can and hit Texas, MS, GA, & FL hard.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

tjtlja wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:44 am No doubt 2020 was a terrific class, both on paper and the field. The 2021 class will have its chance in the fall, but it doesn’t look to be nearly as deep as the 2020, certainly not on paper.

Speaking of football recruiting, Louisiana is loaded this year at every position. LSU has 9 commitments already and 6 are from the State (they have recruited more nationally the past year or so, but they won’t have to travel far this year). I hope we can make in-roads in LA this year, but I wouldn’t waste a lot of time if the initial impression with a recruit is not favorable. A&M, Alabama, Memphis, and ULL will all be recruiting heavily in the state, so get what we can and hit Texas, MS, GA, & FL hard.
Yeah, we've got to beat Memphis and ULL in state, not be scared off by them. Especially in a good year for talent.
Marathon Wave
Navigator Level

Post by Marathon Wave »

Would like to see more "local" guys signing, as long as we get the right players, it really doesn't matter from where.