Former players board

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
LawGreenie
Coach Level

Former players board

Unread post by LawGreenie »

The former players board is now generic. Did Observer get cancelled?
waverider
Cornerstone

Re: Former players board

Unread post by waverider »

Yep. Even LG’s tribute to him was deleted.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Roller
Cornerstone

Unread post by Roller »

Gone the way of the Lee Circle statue and the bulls guarding the entrance to Ninevah.
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Poseidon »

Why???
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tulaneoutlaw »

Poseidon wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:26 pmWhy???
I'm guessing it's because Observer was an open supporter of David Duke.
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

I thought the board wasn't political....

FWIW I was 8 and 1991 and remember aksing my parents who they coted for and they said they intentionally didnt. Mind you they always* voted and were both civics teachers.
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Unread post by WaveProf »

Poseidon wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:38 pm I thought the board wasn't political....
I don't know Observer one way or the other enough to defend (or attack) changing the name of the board, but theoretically speaking, there is nothing "political" about not wanting to honor someone who thought the KKK was a good idea.

I will say, regardless of any of that conversation, LG's tribute was a heartfelt message from member to member. It could have been "unpinned" without being deleted.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

WaveProf wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:48 pm
Poseidon wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:38 pm I thought the board wasn't political....
I don't know Observer one way or the other enough to defend (or attack) changing the name of the board, but theoretically speaking, there is nothing "political" about not wanting to honor someone who thought the KKK was a good idea.

I will say, regardless of any of that conversation, LG's tribute was a heartfelt message from member to member. It could have been "unpinned" without being deleted.
Observer thought the KKK was a good idea? I am not being trite. There were a lot of people who voted, worked for or supported Duke who did so to oppose Edwards more than support Duke. Just as today there are millions who voted or worked to oppose Biden or Trump and did so holding their tongue not really liking their candidate.

That said there may be very good reason to "cancel" him. That reason should be stated so we know where the line is drawn it the sand. That's how a reasonable group, society, organization, or govenrment works. Just making people disappear or havinf judegments without explanation is not being honest.

We dont have to continue this conversation. We can leave it at this. I am not trying stir the pot, take a stand, or call anyone out. However it just doesnt sit well with me when those in charge act with without explanation or a reasonbale level of transparency.
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Johnny Mac »

Poseidon wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:25 pm
WaveProf wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:48 pm

Observer thought the KKK was a good idea? I am not being trite. There were a lot of people who voted, worked for or supported Duke who did so to oppose Edwards more than support Duke. Just as today there are millions who voted or worked to oppose Biden or Trump and did so holding their tongue not really liking their candidate.

That said there may be very good reason to "cancel" him. That reason should be stated so we know where the line is drawn it the sand. That's how a reasonable group, society, organization, or govenrment works. Just making people disappear or havinf judegments without explanation is not being honest.

We dont have to continue this conversation. We can leave it at this. I am not trying stir the pot, take a stand, or call anyone out. However it just doesnt sit well with me when those in charge act with without explanation or a reasonbale level of transparency.
that's the only reason why I locked it and decided to leave it at "this".. I will PM you as well
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest