Cincinnati at Tulane – 11:00am, ESPN2

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Cincinnati at Tulane – 11:00am, ESPN2

Post by Poseidon »

We might end up playing the #2 in in Yulman after all. Just not who we thought it would be.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
long green
Cornerstone

Re: Cincinnati at Tulane – 11:00am, ESPN2

Post by long green »

Well put. Bit early for my taste, I'd prefer a 2:30 kick, but the forecast looks good.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Not surprised. I told my dad the other day that it would likely be the 11am game.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

I hope we don’t lose 62-0
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

FW wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:16 pm I hope we don’t lose 62-0
Or worse. They're not going to call off the dogs no matter how bad it gets. All discussion here is about how they can possibly make their paltry slate of upcoming conference games look better and the unanimous opinion is "style points". They'll beat us like FSU in the late 80s and early 90s did unless we magically figure out how to stop people.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

I was looking forward to this game. After the AAC announcement I have no interest in it. I'll probably watch Thursday night because Thursday nights cost me nothing, but I'm feeling more than a little drained about Tulane athletics right now and I don't see myself giving up more saturdays in the forseeable future watching Tulane football. I'm not angry, I think a lot of people have done their best the last 7ish years to get us on solid ground, but it's starting to look like the efforts were too little too late. Get beat by Cincy 62-0? Upset Cincy? How many of us really care at this point?
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

This means the game will be over with by 11:20. Everyone will have the rest of their Saturday to enjoy.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

If this proposed expansion does through as reported it will be an effort to make the remaining home games. If the weather's nice...
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
purplehaz3
Navigator Level

Post by purplehaz3 »

long green wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:02 pm If this proposed expansion does through as reported it will be an effort to make the remaining home games. If the weather's nice...
You’re part of the problem. Jump on when things look promising and fall off when things become difficult. Dannen still has a chance at getting us out of this new conference. But it all starts with winning and fan support. It’s not over yet and your lack of support won’t help the cause
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

purplehaz3 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:04 pm
long green wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:02 pm If this proposed expansion does through as reported it will be an effort to make the remaining home games. If the weather's nice...
You’re part of the problem. Jump on when things look promising and fall off when things become difficult. Dannen still has a chance at getting us out of this new conference. But it all starts with winning and fan support. It’s not over yet and your lack of support won’t help the cause
When did I jump on, a*s***e?
visualmagic
President's Circle

Post by visualmagic »

purplehaz3 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:04 pm
No. We’re not going to blame the fans.
We have no fan support because we don’t win enough and now we’ll be not winning in a worse conference.

ETA: and there’s not a single person on this forum that jumped on when things looked promising.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Thank you.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

To accuse someone of being a bandwagon fan, there has to have been a bandwagon to jump on.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

PeteRasche wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:56 pm
Or worse. They're not going to call off the dogs no matter how bad it gets. All discussion here is about how they can possibly make their paltry slate of upcoming conference games look better and the unanimous opinion is "style points". They'll beat us like FSU in the late 80s and early 90s did unless we magically figure out how to stop people.
I picked that score for obvious historical reasons
purplehaz3
Navigator Level

Post by purplehaz3 »

WaveProf wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:34 pm To accuse someone of being a bandwagon fan, there has to have been a bandwagon to jump on.
Oh give it a rest. We haven’t had 3 years in a row like we just did in the history of the program. You should have been on the bandwagon and if you actually weren’t, what are you even on this forum for?
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

purplehaz3 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:46 pm
WaveProf wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:34 pm To accuse someone of being a bandwagon fan, there has to have been a bandwagon to jump on.
Oh give it a rest. We haven’t had 3 years in a row like we just did in the history of the program. You should have been on the bandwagon and if you actually weren’t, what are you even on this forum for?
Thank you for posting Troy Dannen. We've had much better than the last 3 years. Get real.Never before did 78 teams make Bowl games. you fool no one yuoufool.
We deserve so much better
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

purplehaz3 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:46 pm
LG has been a fan a lot longer than 3 years. You are literally grasping at straws trying to find cohesion in your many arguments
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Yeah, pretty much everyone posting in this thread has been around here for a decade or more, and rooting for Tulane even longer. In fact I doubt there is such thing as a Tulane "bandwagon" fan that just started rooting for us because of our appearances in 3 minor bowls the past 3 years. We've all been on board through plenty of ugly.
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

Well Pete, when you have been through the "ugly", you appreciate the "pretty" more.

Fan since '54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"
Marathon Wave
Regent's Circle

Post by Marathon Wave »

PeteRasche wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:56 pm
...or tackle people.
MOVING ON UP!
The only thing even in this world is the number of hours in a day.
The difference between winning or losing is what you do with those hours.
DCGreenie
President's Circle

Post by DCGreenie »

We know what you are referring to. I was there for all three of 62-0 scores against the purple and School Bus Yellow team (won't say its name....).
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

I hope we can hold them to 62. If Pratt is out we might not get to 0 :lol:
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson