Crazy idea...

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
austxwave
Navigator Level

Crazy idea...

Unread post by austxwave »

First good morning! I hope all are well on this chilly Sunday.

Here's my crazy idea...let's hire some coaches already. The delay, while not surprising considering how Tulane conducts business, is becoming farcical.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Re: Crazy idea...

Unread post by Johnny Mac »

You need to curtail your early morning bourbon binges... that may stop those crazy thoughts of yours

It is actually getting a bit concerning that we haven't hired an OC yet. Seriously why would anyone NOT want the job? Last 2 guys became a head coach and P5 OC.
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

I posted in the OC thread that there are 14 D1 schools currently searching for an OC so it isn’t like an unprecedented thing that only happens at Tulane. Could be Fritz has someone and waiting on logistics to announce or candidates are being vetted extra hard. He mentioned that the phone hasn’t stopped ringing with interested candidates. I hope it’s because he has too many good ones to choose from.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Unread post by wavedom »

That's a standard line Willie uses. Just like he claims there have been many players wanting to transfer in to come home but he's had to tell them no. He'd be great at selling used cars.
We deserve so much better
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Baywave1 »

???? Willie was 2-10 last season. Legitimate to blast that relentlessly. But the timing of the OC hire?

School is not in session. No or few current players around in person today Last year spring practice did not start until March.
Opening game is seven+ months away

Maybe an OC on staff might seal a critical transfer in the next couple of days but that’s about it. HS recruiting still has another month until signing.

Let’s have angst about stuff that matters

BTW this is the best market ever for selling used cars for those who wish to see Willie land on his feet elsewhere
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

The late signing date is 2/2/2022. In two weeks, and there is no OC, plus other openings. Just odd there seems to be little sense of urgency.
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

Last week Football scoop said that we were expected to hire someone this week. I’m wondering if there is a date that needs to pass for the new guy’s contract to be over or his buyout lowered.

We heard about the new strength coach a couple weeks ago but it was just made official a couple days ago.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Poseidon »

waverider wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:55 am I posted in the OC thread that there are 14 D1 schools currently searching for an OC so it isn’t like an unprecedented thing that only happens at Tulane. Could be Fritz has someone and waiting on logistics to announce or candidates are being vetted extra hard. He mentioned that the phone hasn’t stopped ringing with interested candidates. I hope it’s because he has too many good ones to choose from.
Of those 14 open what do you want bet our OC position has been vacant the longest?
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
Radio Wave
President's Circle

Unread post by Radio Wave »

Until Fritz is satisfied I’m OK with the delay.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Baywave1 »

Radio Wave wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:12 am Until Fritz is satisfied I’m OK with the delay.
This.

Everyone knew Willie had to shake up the staff. The new Strength and ST coaches have outstanding resumes with demonstrated FBS accomplishments. The DL one looks promising but is still a promotion with performance tbd

I’m confident Willie will hire a good OC in due time and diligence consistent with the above
Marathon Wave
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Marathon Wave »

Solid hires, so far. Let's all hope for a pleasant surprise with OC hire.
MOVING ON UP!
The only thing even in this world is the number of hours in a day.
The difference between winning or losing is what you do with those hours.
long green
Cornerstone

Unread post by long green »

We brought in three young guys (Chatman, Discher, and Sherman) and three very experienced guys (Hester, Svoboda, and Wade). The biggest question marks have to be the two most crucial hires (OC & OL) but it's not because they've never done those jobs. The next biggest question mark is whose job is Sherman taking if he's taking one? TU23 seems adamant that it's not Fobbs.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes