Big basketball transfer pickup

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
FW
Cornerstone

Big basketball transfer pickup

Post by FW »

Doc mentioned it on the recruiting board, but I wanted to drop it here because a lot of people don't read that board.

Hunter landed Georgetown transfer Collin Holloway. He's a 6-6 forward who played 2 years with the Hoyas but has 3 years at Tulane because of Covid. He is originally from Baton Rouge and went to Port Allen HS. He averaged 9.2 pts, 2.9 reb, shooting 45% from the field, 35.6% from 3, and 78% from FT line in 25.6 minutes a game last season.
waverider
Cornerstone

Re: Big basketball transfer pickup

Post by waverider »

Looks like a good pick up with size and someone who played a decent amount as opposed to someone who just sat the bench.

One thing I’ve noticed under Hunter is that our FT shooting has been pretty good. This guy looks to be a decent FT shooter at 78%.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Including Cook (assuming/wishing he stays) and the incoming frosh signee that’s more BR folks on team than NOLA. OK with me but I wouldn’t have predicted that.
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

Good pick up that brightens an already bright outlook for next season.
We deserve so much better
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Post by NJwave »

He had a 25 point game on 9-10 shooting against Villanova in January and scored in double digits in his last 4 Big East games.
DFW HOYA
Junior

Post by DFW HOYA »

Collin Holloway is a good kid who will add a lot to the Green Wave.

I really saw him as a four year player but Georgetown Basketball has become a revolving door, the kind of turnover that was anathema in the John Thompson years.

In the last four years, Patrick Ewing has recruited 31 different players and none have stayed more than three years.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

DFW HOYA wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 1:49 pm In the last four years, Patrick Ewing has recruited 31 different players and none have stayed more than three years.
that's a really telling stat.. I wonder how much longer until Patrick revolves out the door?
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
Marathon Wave
Regent's Circle

Post by Marathon Wave »

FW wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 3:19 pm Doc mentioned it on the recruiting board, but I wanted to drop it here because a lot of people don't read that board.

Hunter landed Georgetown transfer Collin Holloway. He's a 6-6 forward who played 2 years with the Hoyas but has 3 years at Tulane because of Covid. He is originally from Baton Rouge and went to Port Allen HS. He averaged 9.2 pts, 2.9 reb, shooting 45% from the field, 35.6% from 3, and 78% from FT line in 25.6 minutes a game last season.
Sounds like a good get. I hope Hunter can help him get his FT% up into the 80's, at least.
MOVING ON UP!
The only thing even in this world is the number of hours in a day.
The difference between winning or losing is what you do with those hours.