Chase Engelhard tweets he is coming back

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
randymc
President's Circle

Chase Engelhard tweets he is coming back

Post by randymc »

In another Fear the Wave tweet, Chase Engelhard says he's "super excited" to be coming back next season to play for Coach Uhlman's Green Wave. That's 5 returnees now reborn as Greenies out of the portal. It was posted just a few minutes ago online.
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Re: Chase Engelhard tweets he is coming back

Post by NJwave »

It looks like most of the players that worked directly with Uhlman are returning while the pitchers are not.

Hopefully we hear some news soon on some arms headed to Tulane.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

NJ, that is some good news.

As you point out, pitching is the key. We have lost a lot of arms that ate up a lot of innings. And with an unknown name as pitching coach, the task looks tough right now to assemble a class with 10-12 contributors. Wish them well. If anything, please sign guys who can throw strikes.
BC Wave
Emerald Circle

Post by BC Wave »

I’m looking forward to seeing Chase bounce back next year.
He played with a thumb injury this past season.
Luvs da Wave
Navigator Level

Post by Luvs da Wave »

Our friends up the river paid over the top to get the Minnesota twins pitching coach. It is already paying dividends, as UCLA’s Ace is transferring to LSU. They also have the guy who led the nation in homers as a freshman transferring in as well, from NC State.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Luvs da Wave wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:25 pm Our friends up the river paid over the top to get the Minnesota twins pitching coach. It is already paying dividends, as UCLA’s Ace is transferring to LSU. They also have the guy who led the nation in homers as a freshman transferring in as well, from NC State.
I posted about the transfers, which includes a pitcher from Vandy who’s projected to be a 1st rd pick, and that was before hiring the Twins guy. At least the #1 seed curse will keep them from winning it all :lol:
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Luvs da Wave
Navigator Level

Post by Luvs da Wave »

I sure hope you are right.👍🏼
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

waverider wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:18 pm
Luvs da Wave wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:25 pm Our friends up the river paid over the top to get the Minnesota twins pitching coach. It is already paying dividends, as UCLA’s Ace is transferring to LSU. They also have the guy who led the nation in homers as a freshman transferring in as well, from NC State.
I posted about the transfers, which includes a pitcher from Vandy who’s projected to be a 1st rd pick, and that was before hiring the Twins guy. At least the #1 seed curse will keep them from winning it all :lol:
They will definitely not be as good Tennessee and several other SEC teams. I may change my mind if they get Verlander.