Bracketology - August 9, 2022

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
doc
President's Circle

Bracketology - August 9, 2022

Unread post by doc »

Joe Lunardi has Tulane (and LSU) as “Next Four Out” in his latest projection. Houston is a #1 seed and Memphis a #11 seed. I think the Tulane vs Memphis games this season are going to be really competitive and intense.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Re: Bracketology - August 9, 2022

Unread post by PeteRasche »

I love that people are doing bracketology and some teams have not even announced their schedules yet. Gimme a break. :roll:
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Unread post by NJwave »

We were listed as "Next 4 out" two bracketology's ago then we weren't listed. Now we are again. I believe all of them were posted after the transfers were announced for every school. Apparently we improved in the last few weeks. It must have been the impressive win over "I have no idea who they are" in Costa Rica.

It's always fun to read these things, but is makes no sense that we would move up with no games played and no change in anybody's roster.
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Unread post by 1309th WAVE »

NJwave wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:05 am It must have been the impressive win over "I have no idea who they are" in Costa Rica.
Bruce Pearl and Auburn split their series on a back 2 back in Israel. Ron Hunter is still undefeated in international play. Ergo, Tulane is outperforming a team many think is final four caliber, which means we're final four caliber as well. This logic is sound and undisputable. QED :mrgreen:
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Baywave1 »

So MBB “pundits” see Tulane as a Top 50 team preseason. On the radar for an at large bid. If nothing else, it may mean it needs two or three fewer victories to get a bid then if it came out of nowhere as its general performance over the past two decades would suggest
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Johnny Mac »

PeteRasche wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:48 am I love that people are doing bracketology and some teams have not even announced their schedules yet. Gimme a break. :roll:
yo, Deborah Downer.. enjoy the mentions... it's been a long, long time since it's happened.
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
EagerBiever
Breaker Level

Unread post by EagerBiever »

PeteRasche wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:48 am I love that people are doing bracketology and some teams have not even announced their schedules yet. Gimme a break. :roll:
The better part is that they have LSU in "next four out" as well despite it being a legitimately completely new team built from scratch with a new coaching staff
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

EagerBiever wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:34 am
The better part is that they have LSU in "next four out" as well despite it being a legitimately completely new team built from scratch with a new coaching staff
Further confirming how pointless this column is.
FW
Cornerstone

Unread post by FW »

Or.....hear me out. We could just be excited that a national writer guy is even mentioning us near the tournament for the first time in 20 years.
Marathon Wave
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Marathon Wave »

Count me as one of the excited ones. Any mention is better than no mention. Make Noise.
MOVING ON UP!
The only thing even in this world is the number of hours in a day.
The difference between winning or losing is what you do with those hours.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

FW wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:55 pm Or.....hear me out. We could just be excited that a national writer guy is even mentioning us near the tournament for the first time in 20 years.
The only thing worthwhile about an August "bracketology" column is if, and that's a big if, some recruit sees it and it gives him a better feeling about Tulane.

Sorry, I guess I'm still of the opinion that preseason rankings are utterly meaningless and you have to prove worth on the court. Must be years of having coaches beat into my brain to not pay attention to your press clippings. :lol:
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Unread post by wavedom »

It is meaningless this early and you do have to prove it on the court but what's being said is it is better to be mentioned than not.
We deserve so much better
EagerBiever
Breaker Level

Unread post by EagerBiever »

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... cketology/

While certainly meaningless, CBS has Tulane as the 2nd team out of the tournament. Seems like preseason expectations are starting to be a little more wide spread.

ALERT!!!

I hope they didn't look at this message board's thoughts on Tulane's OOC schedule

SARCASM!