Houston

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
Marathon Wave
Regent's Circle

Re: Houston

Post by Marathon Wave »

waverider wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:49 pm
wavedom wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:20 pm
waverider wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:07 pm I didn’t even notice that he was out until after the game. I only knew the two TEs weren’t playing because a freshman and a sophomore were in the game an awful lot. I should have been tipped to Keys when a freshman WR we’ve hardly seen dropped a screen pass when he had blockers in front of him.

What I do know, is that Spears is healthy and his limited use against KSU was planned due to Celestine being a more bruising runner against their DL.
What you know is you were told that. So you believe we played one of the biggest games we've had and schemed against playing our most dynamic player? He did in fact play. He did in fact get put in late and ran the ball between the tackles. Plus he's capable of being used in other ways mainly getting the ball to him in space. Yet WF didn't want to use that and saved him for USM. So a healthy Spears who is looking to get drafted early after this season would be ok with being told hey you're not big enough to play against mighty K. St. We're going with your back up.
Sure. :roll:
Yet Spears couldn’t bust through the mighty USM DL so of course he should have been pounded all day by K State. What was puzzling was that they didn’t try getting the ball to him on the edges of the K State game with screens and tosses. His assets are his speeds and ability to make plays in space.
I had specifically pointed out that neither of our RB's had any targetted passes against K St. I was shot down here - people claiming I was saying they couldn't catch. Glad the ball was thrown to them against usm. Hope we continue to get them the ball in space.
MOVING ON UP!
The only thing even in this world is the number of hours in a day.
The difference between winning or losing is what you do with those hours.
Marathon Wave
Regent's Circle

Post by Marathon Wave »

waverider wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:23 pm
Bham Wave wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:01 pm Tyjae had 22 rushes and 5 catches and had a total of 188 yds from scrimmage. I think the coaches got him the ball plenty and he did a good job when he got it. Two TD's. Explosive plays in the running and passing game.
Which further supports he’s healthy.
Now. Four weeks into season.
MOVING ON UP!
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

Marathon Wave wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:43 am
tulaneoutlaw wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:40 pm
purplehaz3 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:35 pm I’m sickened by the way we lost that game last light but all is not lost folks. If the below is true, ESPN still projects us to finish 9-3 which would put us at winning the conference or very close. Also means a high profile bowl game:

https://twitter.com/tulanesportsguy/sta ... N1Ej22N3MQ
I will eat a hat if we go 9-3
Can we pick the hat?
Sure, as long as it isn't lsu or Dallas cowboys themed. I wouldn't want indigestion
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

Marathon Wave wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:55 am
wavedom wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:06 pm
PeteRasche wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:45 pm
tjtlja wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:27 pm
PeteRasche wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:13 pm Speaking of that... any word on Keys? If nothing has been said hopefully it will be addressed on the Current on Wednesday.
Pete, I have been wondering the same thing. It has been deafening since the game ended Saturday night. Did Fritz even give an interview after the game?

I just read on the other board that Dannen may be on Georgia Tech’s list. If so, perhaps Dannen and Fritz took off for Atlanta after the game to spend some quality time with their good buddy Long.
1. I would not have expected anything to have been said about him by Fritz, I was just wondering if it had been mentioned in a newspaper article (which I missed) or if anyone had heard any scuttlebutt.
2. Absolutely, positively no way Fritz is offered for Georgia Tech. Whoever said that on the other board is probably making a joke to see if it gets traction,or (knowing the attitude over there) is fed up with Fritz and wishing him to leave.
Athlon Sports said it:

https://athlonsports.com/college-footba ... llins-2022
Well, that makes me breath easier. There are 18 names on this list. Anyone else we can throw into the ring?
The question was asked if a poster was just making it up. I showed where it came from. No one seriously thinks he would get the job but there are many hoping he would.
We deserve so much better
Marathon Wave
Regent's Circle

Post by Marathon Wave »

tulaneoutlaw wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:15 am
Marathon Wave wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:43 am
tulaneoutlaw wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:40 pm
purplehaz3 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:35 pm I’m sickened by the way we lost that game last light but all is not lost folks. If the below is true, ESPN still projects us to finish 9-3 which would put us at winning the conference or very close. Also means a high profile bowl game:

https://twitter.com/tulanesportsguy/sta ... N1Ej22N3MQ
I will eat a hat if we go 9-3
Can we pick the hat?
Sure, as long as it isn't lsu or Dallas cowboys themed. I wouldn't want indigestion
:lol: :lol: :lol:
MOVING ON UP!
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Houston wearing all black with white helmets tomorrow. May their alternate jersey have the same fate K State’s throwback helmet had.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Post by 1309th WAVE »

waverider wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:55 am Houston wearing all black with white helmets tomorrow. May their alternate jersey have the same fate K State’s throwback helmet had.
-Home team wears dark colors
-road team fans show up wearing bright colors that benefit from contrast
-road team makes spurious claims about taking over home team's stadium
-?????
-PROFIT!
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

waverider wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:55 am Houston wearing all black with white helmets tomorrow. May their alternate jersey have the same fate K State’s throwback helmet had.
We're in green helmets, white jerseys, green pants... Sorry if it was noted elsewhere
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Can Carroll listed as backup RB. I’d take the two deep with a grain of salt
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

Line has jumped to Tulane +4. That's a huge move (crossing the key number of 3) from the 2.5 it's been most of the week. What gives? Late breaking injury?
purplehaz3
Navigator Level

Post by purplehaz3 »

Pratt is out. I can confirm. We’re in big trouble tonight.
Wave Revival
Navigator Level

Post by Wave Revival »

A betting site is tweeting that Pratt isn’t playing against Houston? Can anyone verify?
purplehaz3
Navigator Level

Post by purplehaz3 »

I verified. He’s out
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

That's some classic Tulane luck that our starting QB, regardless of opinion here, goes out for a pivotal conference game that we sorely need. Hope Ibieta is ready to ball, because otherwise this one could go sideways quickly.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

purplehaz3 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:10 pm Pratt is out. I can confirm. We’re in big trouble tonight.
People just HAD to start a juju thread, didn't they? :angel:
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Post by Yankeewave »

Ouch.
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

Houston we have a problem.
We deserve so much better
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Post by Yankeewave »

Kansas state is going to really hate us
purplehaz3
Navigator Level

Post by purplehaz3 »

Ibieta is capable…it might be a great thing for our running game. Spears needs a big game. Houston is one of the worst teams against the run in FBS football.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

purplehaz3 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:53 pm Ibieta is capable…it might be a great thing for our running game. Spears needs a big game. Houston is one of the worst teams against the run in FBS football.
If I thought Ibieta was capable, I might almost agree with this. Let's hope I'm wrong about Ibieta. Ibieta is a Basque name, so maybe that is good juju?
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Or, hear me out, this is Willie's method of benching his starter without hurting his ego. "I can see those little nagging injuries are bothering you so we're not going to do what we did last year and keep playing you while injured, we're gonna let you recover." When in reality it's because we want to see if someone else can manage better.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

PeteRasche wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:13 pm Or, hear me out, this is Willie's method of benching his starter without hurting his ego. "I can see those little nagging injuries are bothering you so we're not going to do what we did last year and keep playing you while injured, we're gonna let you recover." When in reality it's because we want to see if someone else can manage better.
Have you seen Ibieta take snaps? That's the flaw in this theory IMO
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

WaveProf wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:55 pm
purplehaz3 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:53 pm Ibieta is capable…it might be a great thing for our running game. Spears needs a big game. Houston is one of the worst teams against the run in FBS football.
If I thought Ibieta was capable, I might almost agree with this. Let's hope I'm wrong about Ibieta. Ibieta is a Basque name, so maybe that is good juju?
This can go bad.

However, Hopefully this is not a last minute thing and they have been planning for Ibeita all week. Also this may change the way we game plan with positive results. If Svoboda game plans for Pratt to pass and all he does is make one read and run the game plan doesn't work. IF Ibeiata actually passes or Svoboda game plans for him to run a lot it has a better chance of succeeding.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

WaveProf wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:15 pm
PeteRasche wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:13 pm Or, hear me out, this is Willie's method of benching his starter without hurting his ego. "I can see those little nagging injuries are bothering you so we're not going to do what we did last year and keep playing you while injured, we're gonna let you recover." When in reality it's because we want to see if someone else can manage better.
So if it goes wrong, Ibieta gets a short leash and Horton gets a shot.
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

WaveProf wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:15 pm
Isn't Pete's theory sorta what happened with McMilliin over Banks in 2018.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy