Original City Diner

Discuss today what is happening on campus non-athletically; departments, non-athletic facilities, professors, recognitions and issues. No athletics allowed.
sr
Regent's Circle

Original City Diner

Unread post by sr »

Been a slow day so looked at eating options on Tulane's campus and came across The Original City Diner in the Rat … I'm hungry.

The Original City Diner

Tulane's only late-night eatery, the award-winning City Diner, has a new menu! Try the 16-inch Big City Pancake with a variety of new toppings that include strawberries, chocolate, and Bananas Foster. Our Fan Faves include Love Me Tenders, mozzarella sticks, and chili and cheese fries. In addition to Oreo cookie, strawberry and chocolate shakes, desserts include classic apple pie a la mode, warm brownie sundae and our signature white chocolate bread pudding. On the lighter side of the diner, try the Tu-Lean breakfast sandwich, the spinach and strawberry salad, grilled chicken club, turkey burger and a variety of seasonal vegetables and fresh fruit. City Diner is located in Der Rathskeller on the garden level of the LBC.

https://diningservices.tulane.edu/Image ... 119471.pdf
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Re: Original City Diner

Unread post by TUPF »

I ate there when on was on campus in December. I was searching for the spirit of the old Rat. The food was actually pretty good but tumbleweeds were blowing through it was so empty, while upstairs the food court was pretty full.

I guess the Rat has lost its student mojo.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
windywave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by windywave »

TUPF wrote:
They stopped serving beer.
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

windywave wrote:
TUPF wrote:
I forgot about that. Going Tulane in the 70s really was a different experience. Ten cent beer nights in the Rat, free tequila night (just once for me) in the Rat, student fee paid kegs every Friday afternoon on the UC quad, the infamous NROTC shipwreck parties in the Navy building with trash can punch, legal kegs in the dorms... And that was just on campus. There was the Boot next door and loads of other bars before one even hopped on the streetcar to the FQ. It really did separate the responsible drinkers from the wide-eyed freshmen who quickly flunked out. My Phelps roommate didn’t make it past midterms.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
windywave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by windywave »

TUPF wrote:
windywave wrote:
TUPF wrote:
I forgot about that. Going Tulane in the 70s really was a different experience.
Ya think? I experienced Tulane before He who shall not be named ruined it. I pity the students now after he bastardized it.
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Unread post by GretnaGrn »

TUPF wrote:
windywave wrote:
TUPF wrote:
I forgot about that. Going Tulane in the 70s really was a different experience. Ten cent beer nights in the Rat, free tequila night (just once for me) in the Rat, student fee paid kegs every Friday afternoon on the UC quad, the infamous NROTC shipwreck parties in the Navy building with trash can punch, legal kegs in the dorms... And that was just on campus. There was the Boot next door and loads of other bars before one even hopped on the streetcar to the FQ. It really did separate the responsible drinkers from the wide-eyed freshmen who quickly flunked out. My Phelps roommate didn’t make it past midterms.
Also true in the early '90s; we could actually use our meal plan for beer in the Rat....