Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Fitts Bit Challenge
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:59 pm 
Emerald Circle

Not really worthy, but I've been laughing about the title of this challenge ever since it began. And I'll take a good laugh over everything.

Also interesting that not only did Fitts come in 15th out of 140, but (according to my wife) he apparently was ranking much higher before his trip to China. Hard to imagine how difficult it is for a U Prez to get much free time to exercise.

https://president.tulane.edu/view-from- ... re-winners

“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:34 pm 
Emerald Circle

Still, Fitts was doing 14k or so steps per day for a month. Not too shabby for anyone. Most days I am in the 10-12k range and I’m retired so it’s not like I have a killer schedule like he does. The person who won is a freak.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:05 pm 
Emerald Circle

TUPF wrote:
The person who won is a freak.

Apparently he didn't run a single step of it. Started walking like crazy on March 1 with the sole intent of winning. Took a vacation day on March 31 and got up at 5 am in order to walk 100K in a single day to reach a million :shock:

“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:44 pm 
Regent's Circle

WaveProf wrote:
TUPF wrote:
The person who won is a freak.

Apparently he didn't run a single step of it. Started walking like crazy on March 1 with the sole intent of winning. Took a vacation day on March 31 and got up at 5 am in order to walk 100K in a single day to reach a million :shock:

You know who's been banned from the board for longer than it took that dude to run all that way?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:29 pm 
Emerald Circle

Gerry— notice how much nicer the board has been?

Fwiw I think he was treated badly in the incident that sent him packing, and was the first one to say so. And if I saw him tomorrow I’d buy him a beer. But I’m not losing any sleep either.

Meanwhile, making every thread about Windy is, I Uploaded, I suppose, a fitting tribute.

Last edited by WaveProf on Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:12 pm 
President's Circle

WaveProf wrote:

Fwiw I think he was treated badly in the incident that sent him packing, and was the first one to say so. And if I saw him tomorrow I’d buy him a beer. But I’m not losing any sleep either.

Meanwhile, making every thread about Windy is, I upload, a fitting tribute.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:14 pm 
Regent's Circle

WaveProf wrote:

No, people keep saying that, but I just notice how much more boring it's been

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:17 am 
Cornerstone

WaveProf wrote:
...Fwiw I think he was treated badly in the incident that sent him packing, and was the first one to say so...
I daresay that neither you nor anyone else on the board knows why he was banned. FWIW, it had more to do with some private messages he sent to moderators than anything seen in public.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:20 am 
Regent's Circle

Roller wrote:
WaveProf wrote:
...Fwiw I think he was treated badly in the incident that sent him packing, and was the first one to say so...
I daresay that neither you nor anyone else on the board knows why he was banned. FWIW, it had more to do with some private messages he sent to moderators than anything seen in public.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:24 am 
Emerald Circle

Roller wrote:

I would have guessed/assumed as much, but since this is (I believe) the first time any one has even addressed that he has been banned, let alone hinted at reasons, it is odd that you attack others for not knowing the facts. If you insist on a cone of silence don't be shocked when people work with the evidence they have.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:30 am 
President's Circle

WaveProf wrote:
If you insist on a cone of silence

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:47 am 
Regent's Circle

WaveProf wrote:
Roller wrote:

I would have guessed/assumed as much, but since this is (I believe) the first time any one has even addressed that he has been banned, let alone hinted at reasons, it is odd that you attack others for not knowing the facts. If you insist on a cone of silence don't be shocked when people work with the evidence they have.

Is that waveprof's music?!?!