Bobby Boudreau

Discuss today what is happening on campus non-athletically; departments, non-athletic facilities, professors, recognitions and issues. No athletics allowed.
Mosswave
Junior

Bobby Boudreau

Unread post by Mosswave »

Bobby Boudreau of Lake Charles passed away today. A great loss for the Green Wave Nation. I am sure many of you knew Bobby and his wife, Miss Margaret, who is Bea Field's niece. Bobby was a true Tulanian, and rarely missed football games (home & away). He went to Omaha, the NIT finals and all football bowl games, even after illness forced him into a wheel chair. He was honored with the Alumni Association's Volunteer of the Year Award last year. I know he read YOGWF from his many emails to those of us who were lucky enough to be on his email list. The following is Scott Cowen's "Tulane Talk" from Jan. 29 after a visit to Bobby in the hospital last month. Roll Wave & Roll Bobby! You will be missed!

I went to visit my friend Bobby Boudreau in Lake Charles this week. Bobby, who earned both his undergraduate and law degrees from Tulane University, was one of the first Tulanians I met when I became president. He told me then that the most important things in his life were his faith in God, his family and Tulane. I first wrote about Bobby in my inaugural address in 1998.
Now, at age 79, Bobby still personifies the spirit of Tulane University and, though battling various health ailments, exudes the same humor, enthusiasm and joie de vivre he did as a Tulane student in the early '50s. Every time I see him he asks me dozens of questions about the university and always demonstrates unwavering support of Tulane and me. Bobby is a true and loyal friend whom I deeply admire and respect. In addition to his devotion to Tulane, he loves everything related to New Orleans, especially its food and French heritage. A tour of his Lake Charles house bears testimony to this devotion.
An inveterate e-mailer, Bobby regularly sends me his encouragement, advice and unique observations on all things Tulane. Recently, I estimated receiving more than 2,500 e-mails from him in 12 years. I cherish these messages as I did the visit I paid him this week along with two of his favorite Tulanians, Yvette Jones, executive vice president for university relations and development, and Athletic Director Rick Dickson.
So Bobby, here is a big e-mail back to you for all the ones you sent me. And I will sign off in a similar fashion as you do.
Roll Wave,
Roll Bobby,

With great affection,
JtS
Regent's Circle

Re: Bobby Boudreau

Unread post by JtS »

I started receiving many emails during the Review and afterward from Mr. Boudreau. He was instrumental giving advice, keeping spirits up and DEMANDING in his own way Tulane athletics would survive. Also Bobby kept spirits up during Katrina. He was a TRUE Tulane Green Wave fan in that, come he11 or high water, wins or losses, Tulane was his team.

They do not make people like Mr. Boudreau anymore.

Good Bless and keep him and his family....

Roll Wave Bobby!