Cowen scores tickets to the big game!

Discuss today what is happening on campus non-athletically; departments, non-athletic facilities, professors, recognitions and issues. No athletics allowed.
bigmoneytx

Cowen scores tickets to the big game!

Unread post by bigmoneytx »

February 5, 2010

Good Morning,

I am rushing to get all my meetings done and work completed before I head down to Miami tomorrow afternoon. I was fortunate enough to get tickets to the big game and am very much looking forward to seeing our New Orleans Saints bring a Super Bowl win and the Vince Lombardi trophy home to our city and the fans who so richly deserve it.

No other fans in the world embrace their home team like we Saints fans do. I think the team represents the drive, the perseverance and the faith through which our university and city continue to recover and renew. Like our team, we should strive for and expect greatness.

Just as the Saints have become a model of consistency and triumph so, too, can New Orleans become a model city for the 21st century in the areas of public education, community-based health care, reform and civic activism. Just as the Saints are committed both to playing football and serving the community, we, through our leadership in education and research and through the willingness of our students, faculty and staff to use their gifts for the betterment of others, can transform our city and world.

While this is an “All Saints Weekend,” I will still be bringing a part of Tulane with me to Miami. Along with the same Saints shirt and pants I wore for our two playoff victories (not that I am superstitious) I will be sporting a black Tulane hat. I will also take along this memorable song "Look for the Fleur de Lis," written and performed by Tulane staff member Kathryn Hobgood Ray.

Geaux Saints, Geaux Wave!

S.C.
http://tulane.edu/administration/presid ... /index.cfm
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Man, must have been hard to choose which forum for this

Unread post by AO Sig »

Reading the letter, it could have been at the Tulane academics, the non-Tulane Sports, and (with a bit of a stretch because of his hat and the "geaux" at the bottom) Tulane sports.

Somehow, I am not surprised the president of the local university was able to get tickets.
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Re: Cowen scores tickets to the big game!

Unread post by PeteRasche »

Yeah, call me SHOCKED that he got tickets. :roll:

Hey Scott, why don't you sell your tickets and put the money towards our own football program?
JtS
Regent's Circle

Unread post by JtS »

In the early days of the Super Bowl at Tulane Stadium (1970, 1972, 1975) many Tulane Deans, heads of departments and professors, especially medical and law received tickets. This continued into at least the first SB in the Super Dome in 1978. Today Cowen is probably the only one to receive anything close to a ticket.

GSx
Emerald Circle

Unread post by GSx »

bigmoneytx wrote: Just as the Saints are committed both to playing football and serving the community, we, through our leadership in education and research and through the willingness of our students, faculty and staff to use their gifts for the betterment of others, can transform our city and world.
http://tulane.edu/administration/presid ... /index.cfm[/quote]

This would have been a perfect opportunity to express his committment to the Green Wave.
Godfather
President's Circle

Unread post by Godfather »

AO Sig wrote:Reading the letter, it could have been at the Tulane academics, the non-Tulane Sports, and (with a bit of a stretch because of his hat and the "geaux" at the bottom) Tulane sports.
Speaking of which, why don't we spell things with "eaux" like the rest of south Louisiana (Saints, Nicholls, USL, our upriver friends, etc.)? Reauxll Wave has a nice ring to it.