Tulane Talk - Happy at Home

Discuss today what is happening on campus non-athletically; departments, non-athletic facilities, professors, recognitions and issues. No athletics allowed.
bigmoneytx

Tulane Talk - Happy at Home

Unread post by bigmoneytx »

May 21, 2010

Good Morning:
This has been quite a commencement season. In addition to Tulane's Unified Commencement on Saturday, I also attended graduation ceremonies at the University of Connecticut and Notre Dame.

All three ceremonies were spectacular celebrations of academic achievement with their own unique traditions. For instance, witnessing commencement in the house Knute Rockne built at Notre Dame is something I will never forget. But as marvelous as these ceremonies were and as unbelievably proud and humbled as I am to have been recognized by both institutions, I can honestly say nothing compares to a Tulane Commencement.

I am indebted to the graduates, faculty, staff and especially the volunteers who, year in and year out, make Tulane's Commencement the envy of the nation. Notre Dame is a terrific setting, UCONN will always hold a special place in my heart, but I am the luckiest man in the world to be here at Tulane in New Orleans, Louisiana.

This will be my last regular Tulane Talk until the fall. But, rest assured, I will be writing occasionally during the summer months with news. As you know, Tulane never sleeps.

Have a great weekend,
S.C.
GSx
Emerald Circle

Re: Tulane Talk - Happy at Home

Unread post by GSx »

bigmoneytx wrote:
For instance, witnessing commencement in the house Knute Rockne built at Notre Dame is something I will never forget.
Gee, Scott Cowen......
djh
Coach Level

Unread post by djh »

bigmoneytx wrote:
May 21, 2010

Good Morning:
This has been quite a commencement season. In addition to Tulane's Unified Commencement on Saturday, I also attended graduation ceremonies at the University of Connecticut and Notre Dame.

All three ceremonies were spectacular celebrations of academic achievement with their own unique traditions. For instance, witnessing commencement in the house Knute Rockne built at Notre Dame is something I will never forget. But as marvelous as these ceremonies were and as unbelievably proud and humbled as I am to have been recognized by both institutions, I can honestly say nothing compares to a Tulane Commencement.

I am indebted to the graduates, faculty, staff and especially the volunteers who, year in and year out, make Tulane's Commencement the envy of the nation. Notre Dame is a terrific setting, UCONN will always hold a special place in my heart, but I am the luckiest man in the world to be here at Tulane in New Orleans, Louisiana.

This will be my last regular Tulane Talk until the fall. But, rest assured, I will be writing occasionally during the summer months with news. As you know, Tulane never sleeps.

Have a great weekend,
S.C.
Well, so much for big announcements.
'Character is who you are, reputation is what others THINK you are.'
Ray
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Ray »

Maybe they meant June 1st, 2011. :wink: