Tulane Men the Least Romantic on the Planet?

Discuss today what is happening on campus non-athletically; departments, non-athletic facilities, professors, recognitions and issues. No athletics allowed.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Tulane Men the Least Romantic on the Planet?

Post by WaveProf »

http://thetab.com/us/tulane/2016/09/12/ ... lanet-1686

I post this only because this article is getting a lot of buzz on social media and not just at Tulane. Just as many people making fun of it as anything. So there's no meaning behind it being posted other than its out there, about Tulane, and I've seen people discussing it.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Re: Tulane Men the Least Romantic on the Planet?

Post by TUPF »

Sounds like bros being bros. Most of the young women I know would not put up with any of it.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

TUPF wrote:Sounds like bros being bros. Most of the young women I know would not put up with any of it.
Honestly, and I'm not referring to this article, but the current culture at TU can tend to be pretty bro-ish. I'm sure that will change. Everything is a cycle.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Tulane was very bro-ish when I was there too, way before bro behavior was a classified thing. I just had nothing to compare it to, so I assumed every college was like that, I guess.
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

Tulane is Co-Ed ... You hang with the bros, good luck.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

That said, now having read the article, what childish drivel. She calls Tulane men "boys" but stands behind that story as mature?

I'm curious what kind of dancing she does if, every time she dances "the way she wants to," guys start grinding on her.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

PeteRasche wrote:That said, now having read the article, what childish drivel. She calls Tulane men "boys" but stands behind that story as mature? .
Hence why I was distancing myself from the article even as I mocked bro culture.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

What has become of my school? Sharing head emoji
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
austxwave
Navigator Level

Post by austxwave »

Creapy old 'bro here looked her up on facebook. She's a Chi Omega which if memory serves me correctly is like 3 houses down from the boot. Maybe she should push her boundaries (like more than a block) and maybe she'd meet a better class of men (boys). :lol:
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Post by AO Sig »

austxwave wrote:Creapy old 'bro here looked her up on facebook. She's a Chi Omega which if memory serves me correctly is like 3 houses down from the boot. Maybe she should push her boundaries (like more than a block) and maybe she'd meet a better class of men (boys). :lol:
It takes two to Tango. I don't know her, but I agree; maybe she is "looking for love in all the wrong places!"
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Post by 1309th WAVE »

sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

Tulane still has coed dorms, right?