Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane talk forum
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:03 pm 
Emerald Circle

Guys,
My daughter and 2 other members of her piano trio are performing at Dixon Hall on Tuesday, December 5, 2017. The performance is under the auspices of: https://friendsofmusic.org/Online/default.asp

Her business manager just reminded her that unlike most other contracts, they have to make and pay for their own lodging arrangements. Oftentimes presenters even have musicians stay at donor homes as an in-kind donation. That is not the case here. You may think classical musicians make large fees--they do not--especially for a trio. Three days lodging would eat up a good part of their performance fee.

So, if anyone here knows anyone who might want to host these three well behaved musicians, please contact me. Arriving probably on Sunday, leaving Wednesday early. Barring that, does anyone know if you can still rent rooms on campus like decades ago? I remember a friend renting a room for next to nothing in the bottom of Monroe dorm.

Thanks for any assistance,
Elena's dad

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:18 pm 
Emerald Circle

Check your pm

“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16