Need lodging help: 3-6 Dec 2017 near Tulane

Discuss today what is happening on campus non-athletically; departments, non-athletic facilities, professors, recognitions and issues. No athletics allowed.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Need lodging help: 3-6 Dec 2017 near Tulane

Unread post by TUPF »

Guys,
My daughter and 2 other members of her piano trio are performing at Dixon Hall on Tuesday, December 5, 2017. The performance is under the auspices of: https://friendsofmusic.org/Online/default.asp

Her business manager just reminded her that unlike most other contracts, they have to make and pay for their own lodging arrangements. Oftentimes presenters even have musicians stay at donor homes as an in-kind donation. That is not the case here. You may think classical musicians make large fees--they do not--especially for a trio. Three days lodging would eat up a good part of their performance fee.

So, if anyone here knows anyone who might want to host these three well behaved musicians, please contact me. Arriving probably on Sunday, leaving Wednesday early. Barring that, does anyone know if you can still rent rooms on campus like decades ago? I remember a friend renting a room for next to nothing in the bottom of Monroe dorm.

Thanks for any assistance,
Elena's dad
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Re: Need lodging help: 3-6 Dec 2017 near Tulane

Unread post by WaveProf »

Check your pm
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16