Hullabaloo Article Complaining About No Commencement Speaker

Discuss today what is happening on campus non-athletically; departments, non-athletic facilities, professors, recognitions and issues. No athletics allowed.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Re: Hullabaloo Article Complaining About No Commencement Spe

Post by ml wave »

TUPF wrote:
WaveProf wrote:I don’t know how much stock to put into it but there is a widespread rumor on campus that the reason for the delay was.....

We had a big-name speaker lined up but not yet announced who then proceeded to get invited to the royal wedding. Supposedly that speaker is coming next year for reduced fare as part of the compromise.

Sounds like the kind of thing a student with make up, but I keep hearing it from multiple places. Meanwhile the royal wedding is the same day
So Prince Harry will be the speaker for the Class of 2019? :-D
Wendell Pierce?
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

TUPF wrote:
WaveProf wrote:I don’t know how much stock to put into it but there is a widespread rumor on campus that the reason for the delay was.....

We had a big-name speaker lined up but not yet announced who then proceeded to get invited to the royal wedding. Supposedly that speaker is coming next year for reduced fare as part of the compromise.

Sounds like the kind of thing a student with make up, but I keep hearing it from multiple places. Meanwhile the royal wedding is the same day
So Prince Harry will be the speaker for the Class of 2019? :-D
Probably Meghan Markle. :dots:
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Reviewing the US based list there is no one worthy (and my guess if this is true is an English born Us based buffoon)
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count