Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:21 pm 
Emerald Circle

http://news.tulane.edu/news/students-ge ... dorm-decor

“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:06 pm 
President's Circle

It's amazing those Sharp dorms haven't changed in 17 years. Same desk tops, cabinets...wow. Great idea with the chalkboard paint (?) on the cabinets.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:09 pm 
Emerald Circle

Sharp lobby currently going through a total renovation.

“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:32 pm 
Emerald Circle

The Saturday night of freshman arrival weekend, at about 5 am (okay, Sunday morning), a bunch of folks ended up sitting in my dorm room in Sharp with the door open. Most of the hall was still wide-awake and hopping, as many had just had their first "real" night of bar-hopping in their lives and all pretty drunk. A girl from the floor above whom I had met (she happened to be from Cincinnati) showed up with a paint brush and a little bottle of glow-in-the-dark paint. In my impaired state, I decided we needed "stars" (paint splotches) on our ceiling. The ceiling was white popcorn-type stuff so the paint did not show up with the lights on, and I figured I wouldn't get busted for my deposit at the end of the year because the RA wouldn't see it. So we had stars on our ceiling all year when the lights were off. Some teammates stayed in that same room 5 years later and I visited them and we flipped off the lights out of curiosity, and the stars still were visible.

I wonder if those ceilings have been painted over since then. Goodness, I hope so...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:21 pm 
Regent's Circle

PeteRasche wrote:
The Saturday night of freshman arrival weekend, at about 5 am (okay, Sunday morning), a bunch of folks ended up sitting in my dorm room in Sharp with the door open. Most of the hall was still wide-awake and hopping, as many had just had their first "real" night of bar-hopping in their lives and all pretty drunk. A girl from the floor above whom I had met (she happened to be from Cincinnati) showed up with a paint brush and a little bottle of glow-in-the-dark paint. In my impaired state, I decided we needed "stars" (paint splotches) on our ceiling. The ceiling was white popcorn-type stuff so the paint did not show up with the lights on, and I figured I wouldn't get busted for my deposit at the end of the year because the RA wouldn't see it. So we had stars on our ceiling all year when the lights were off. Some teammates stayed in that same room 5 years later and I visited them and we flipped off the lights out of curiosity, and the stars still were visible.

I wonder if those ceilings have been painted over since then. Goodness, I hope so...

I can confirm that the "Club Conan" artwork over one Sharp dorm door lasted at least five years.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:59 am 
Emerald Circle

As gerry noted its scary how little the inside of Sharp Dorms (which was the same "design" in Monroe) have changed. Something really wrong with that.