Students Get Creative With Dorm Decor

Discuss today what is happening on campus non-athletically; departments, non-athletic facilities, professors, recognitions and issues. No athletics allowed.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Students Get Creative With Dorm Decor

Post by WaveProf »

“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Re: Students Get Creative With Dorm Decor

Post by gerryb323 »

It's amazing those Sharp dorms haven't changed in 17 years. Same desk tops, cabinets...wow. Great idea with the chalkboard paint (?) on the cabinets.
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

Sharp lobby currently going through a total renovation.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

The Saturday night of freshman arrival weekend, at about 5 am (okay, Sunday morning), a bunch of folks ended up sitting in my dorm room in Sharp with the door open. Most of the hall was still wide-awake and hopping, as many had just had their first "real" night of bar-hopping in their lives and all pretty drunk. A girl from the floor above whom I had met (she happened to be from Cincinnati) showed up with a paint brush and a little bottle of glow-in-the-dark paint. In my impaired state, I decided we needed "stars" (paint splotches) on our ceiling. The ceiling was white popcorn-type stuff so the paint did not show up with the lights on, and I figured I wouldn't get busted for my deposit at the end of the year because the RA wouldn't see it. So we had stars on our ceiling all year when the lights were off. Some teammates stayed in that same room 5 years later and I visited them and we flipped off the lights out of curiosity, and the stars still were visible.

I wonder if those ceilings have been painted over since then. Goodness, I hope so...
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Post by GretnaGrn »

PeteRasche wrote:The Saturday night of freshman arrival weekend, at about 5 am (okay, Sunday morning), a bunch of folks ended up sitting in my dorm room in Sharp with the door open. Most of the hall was still wide-awake and hopping, as many had just had their first "real" night of bar-hopping in their lives and all pretty drunk. A girl from the floor above whom I had met (she happened to be from Cincinnati) showed up with a paint brush and a little bottle of glow-in-the-dark paint. In my impaired state, I decided we needed "stars" (paint splotches) on our ceiling. The ceiling was white popcorn-type stuff so the paint did not show up with the lights on, and I figured I wouldn't get busted for my deposit at the end of the year because the RA wouldn't see it. So we had stars on our ceiling all year when the lights were off. Some teammates stayed in that same room 5 years later and I visited them and we flipped off the lights out of curiosity, and the stars still were visible.

I wonder if those ceilings have been painted over since then. Goodness, I hope so...
I can confirm that the "Club Conan" artwork over one Sharp dorm door lasted at least five years.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

As gerry noted its scary how little the inside of Sharp Dorms (which was the same "design" in Monroe) have changed. Something really wrong with that.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.