Law student shot and killed by wife in Metairie

Discuss today what is happening on campus non-athletically; departments, non-athletic facilities, professors, recognitions and issues. No athletics allowed.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Law student shot and killed by wife in Metairie

Post by OGSB »

Victory is never permanent
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Re: Law student shot and killed by wife in Metairie

Post by TUPF »

The wife’s documentation of self defense of rampant abuse must be compelling for her not to have been charged with anything, even manslaughter.

I remember sitting at my wife’s law school graduation dinner and the keynote speaker saying that yes it was great to have completed the requirements for their law degrees, but that character is from within. He said, and I quote, “if you were a weasel before you came to law school, now you are a weasel with a law degree.” That got some uncomfortable laughs but I never forgot it.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Re: Law student shot and killed by wife in Metairie

Post by AO Sig »

TUPF wrote:The wife’s documentation of self defense of rampant abuse must be compelling for her not to have been charged with anything, even manslaughter.

I remember sitting at my wife’s law school graduation dinner and the keynote speaker saying that yes it was great to have completed the requirements for their law degrees, but that character is from within. He said, and I quote, “if you were a weasel before you came to law school, now you are a weasel with a law degree.” That got some uncomfortable laughs but I never forgot it.
I actually have a patient who had shot her husband, and was ruled self-defense for abuse; she is very nice, but I certainly do not do anything to give her the urge to "fire" me...
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?