Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Crawfest '19
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:40 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 7705
Location: Dripping Springs
This was tweeted yesterday -

https://twitter.com/TulaneCrawfest/status/1093266558191894528?s=20


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crawfest '19
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:45 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 21504
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Well that's pointless.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crawfest '19
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:49 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 7705
Location: Dripping Springs
To some obviously yes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crawfest '19
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:30 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 21504
Location: Cincinnati, OH
I mean, it's a tweet saying that an annual event is coming and asking what you are excited for. It's an annual event so you already know it's coming. There's literally no news in that tweet. I was at least expecting it to have a list of confirmed music acts.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crawfest '19
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:34 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 21106
Location: Chicago
PeteRasche wrote:
I mean, it's a tweet saying that an annual event is coming and asking what you are excited for. It's an annual event so you already know it's coming. There's literally no news in that tweet. I was at least expecting it to have a list of confirmed music acts.


Or a date

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crawfest '19
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:40 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:45 pm
Posts: 21305
Location: Irish Channel, New Orleans
windywave wrote:
Or a date

April 6

_________________
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crawfest '19
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:49 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 7705
Location: Dripping Springs
Let's see - tweet said that Crawfest was 'officially two months away'.

Date of tweet was Feb. 6th - alas Crawfest will be April 6th.

No band lineup yet -

Quote:
The festival includes unlimited crawfish, soda, and water.
Free and open to all Tulane students with a current Splash Card. Student wristbands can be picked up from 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM on McAlister Drive or the LBC on business days the two weeks prior to Crawfest.
Free for children 12 and under.
April 6, 2019 10:00am – 7:00pm (rain or shine) – NO REFUNDS.
LBC Berger Family and Newcomb Quads on Tulane’s Uptown campus.

8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crawfest '19
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:32 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 21504
Location: Cincinnati, OH
sr wrote:
Let's see - tweet said that Crawfest was 'officially two months away'.

Date of tweet was Feb. 6th - alas Crawfest will be April 6th.

No band lineup yet -

Quote:
The festival includes unlimited crawfish, soda, and water.
Free and open to all Tulane students with a current Splash Card. Student wristbands can be picked up from 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM on McAlister Drive or the LBC on business days the two weeks prior to Crawfest.
Free for children 12 and under.
April 6, 2019 10:00am – 7:00pm (rain or shine) – NO REFUNDS.
LBC Berger Family and Newcomb Quads on Tulane’s Uptown campus.

8)

... None of which was in the tweet linked in the original post, so I'll stick by my assessment.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crawfest '19
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:35 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 7705
Location: Dripping Springs
PeteRasche wrote:
sr wrote:
Let's see - tweet said that Crawfest was 'officially two months away'.

Date of tweet was Feb. 6th - alas Crawfest will be April 6th.

No band lineup yet -

Quote:
The festival includes unlimited crawfish, soda, and water.
Free and open to all Tulane students with a current Splash Card. Student wristbands can be picked up from 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM on McAlister Drive or the LBC on business days the two weeks prior to Crawfest.
Free for children 12 and under.
April 6, 2019 10:00am – 7:00pm (rain or shine) – NO REFUNDS.
LBC Berger Family and Newcomb Quads on Tulane’s Uptown campus.

8)

... None of which was in the tweet linked in the original post, so I'll stick by my assessment.


It's like when you were at the Drive In years ago and they would flash pictures of Popcorn & Hot Dogs & Sodas on the screen. Giving me a picture of boiled crawfish in early February only get me anxious for a BOIL - maybe it's the Bayou in me. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crawfest '19
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:42 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:45 pm
Posts: 21305
Location: Irish Channel, New Orleans
My guess is that Pete was less surprised by the content of the tweet relative to their overall media campaign, and more surprised that THAT was THE tweet you chose to link to :angel:

_________________
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group